Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

In a perfect world, Corsair would abandon this non-standard bottom row. Keyboard/keycap enthusiasts would no longer shun your keyboards (or like me, buy the keyboard and then feel trapped with awful keycaps), we'd all be able to use any Cherry keycaps that suit our fancy (like my beloved 1976 SA profile set), and it would help mitigate the fact that Corsair puts what amounts to temporary keycaps on their keyboards.

Sigh if only. I told them this too when I was shopping for keycaps. Doesn't help that ASUS decided to go gamer on their bottom row.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Corsair. This is taking way too long.

Honestly, I'll be happy if these release before the end of the year at all. That seems unlikely, though, judging by the current level of silence from Corsair on this topic. I'm just happy that they are even trying to do this in the first place.

I actually like the Corsair bottom row layout over the other brands. That is one of the reasons I bought the Corsair. And there are a few places online you can get keycaps for the Corsair layout, but yeah, not as many options. That's why I hope this set comes out eventually!

• Corsair Employee
Honestly, I'll be happy if these release before the end of the year at all. That seems unlikely, though, judging by the current level of silence from Corsair on this topic. I'm just happy that they are even trying to do this in the first place.

As the closer we are to any project, we have to keep our cool and not accidentally "leak" anything.

Any chance we will get the new set with ISO-DE? And a new series of keyboards with those new caps preinstalled would be great. I don't want to pay 180€ for a new keyboard and then spent 40-90€ for the new caps. Edited by dfgdfg

• Corsair Employee
Any chance we will get the new set with ISO-DE? And a new series of keybaords with those new caps preinstalled would be great. I don't want to pay 180€ for a new keybaord and then spent 40-90€ for the new caps.

There is indeed a possibility, but i can't confirm anything at the moment.

IMG_1654.thumb.JPG.0d8af9ae4d830509235c7895bbc73836.JPG

IMG_1653.thumb.JPG.fc0b47f1179ef2f857152f14851f4ddf.JPG

IMG_1655.thumb.JPG.711e0cf9147f546d4ffe1de2643627be.JPG

IMG_1657.thumb.JPG.0bfaaf8b6d87a553bb253bdff746a4a7.JPG

Ducky yellow chanell PBT

Okey they are super cool for me quality is much better. Keys are No slippery :) they are little bigger and becouse of that i find typing now more comfy and safe (reds are dangerous to misskey next to one) the backlighting is looking.good . shame i dont have. Ctrl and space bar ;(( but i got webstite Where can make 6.5 space bar and ctrl 1.50 but for that and 3 other keys is other £30;/

ps now this logo looking not bad hah ?

Edited by nosek88

• 2 weeks later...
I really want to get a k95, but I don't like they use ABS keycaps, is there any aftermarket PBT keycaps that are compatible with K95 or k70?

All Cherry switch compatible keycaps are compatible with the K70 except the custom bottom line (spacebar, Alt key). But some manufacturers have these custom bottom line, too.

I still hope Corsair will sell new keycaps for the K70.

I have the white m65 mouse and would love to have the white keycaps to go with the mouse. In [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eunQXMdA2AY&t=183s]this video[/ame] he added the doubleshot white caps and it looks awesome besides the few keys that just dont fit (limits you from purchasing different keycaps but. I would do that if i could find some of those darn keycaps but they are sold out basically everywhere.

I beg of you to bring white pbt caps for the k70 even if the spacebar is not textured. (Added keycaps are awesome and do not need to be added to the keycap set they are perfect)

In terms of price i think i could fork out round about R500 (That is Soth African rands which is +- 40$ if I have to make a guess) which I think is fair seeing as WASD sells them for 40 bucks as well but they just dont have stock and the bottom line does not fit in.

Edited by slugger7
forgot to add price

I have the white m65 mouse and would love to have the white keycaps to go with the mouse. In
he added the doubleshot white caps and it looks awesome besides the few keys that just dont fit (limits you from purchasing different keycaps but. I would do that if i could find some of those darn keycaps but they are sold out basically everywhere.

I beg of you to bring white pbt caps for the k70 even if the spacebar is not textured. (Added keycaps are awesome and do not need to be added to the keycap set they are perfect)

In terms of price i think i could fork out round about R500 (That is Soth African rands which is +- 40$ if I have to make a guess) which I think is fair seeing as WASD sells them for 40 bucks as well but they just dont have stock and the bottom line does not fit in.

This^^. I did something similar to my silent strafe rgb but with Ducky white keycaps and it looks breathtaking, especially at night. Similar to the guy in the video though the bottom row is problematic and I ended up cobbling some bits together including a 3D printed spacebar.

TBH I couldn't careless what they cost. Still cheaper than buying another keyboard and a full uniform purpose made set is priceless. ;):

Best

Wulf

P.s. happy xmas 🎄 everyone

This^^. I did something similar to my silent strafe rgb but with Ducky white keycaps and it looks breathtaking, especially at night. Similar to the guy in the video though the bottom row is problematic and I ended up cobbling some bits together including a 3D printed spacebar.

TBH I couldn't careless what they cost. Still cheaper than buying another keyboard and a full uniform purpose made set is priceless. ;):

Best

Wulf

P.s. happy xmas 🎄 everyone

Look the price doesnt bother me that much either if the quality is there. I just think like $50 is a fair price for PBT caps. (I still then have to ship it from US I guess seeing as I live in South Africa.

I really do not want to buy key caps if they do not fit on the entire keyboard.

Would be nice if some sort of announcement or acknowledgement of these Corsair aftermarket keycaps were to be mentioned at CES 2017. *stares wistfully into the distance*

Best

Wulf :D:

I think Corsair Henry would consider that to be leakage... idk. I can't wait for these to come out just as much as any of us. My Strafe RGB is dying for some thick doubleshots. I don't even care if they are forced to use ABS instead of PBT, as long as they are thick doubleshots. I think that it's taking a long time because doubleshot PBT with backlight compatibility is still a relatively new thing, and making the longer keys (especially the spacebar) is very difficult because PBT warps when cooling.

I think Corsair Henry would consider that to be leakage... idk. I can't wait for these to come out just as much as any of us. My Strafe RGB is dying for some thick doubleshots. I don't even care if they are forced to use ABS instead of PBT, as long as they are thick doubleshots. I think that it's taking a long time because doubleshot PBT with backlight compatibility is still a relatively new thing, and making the longer keys (especially the spacebar) is very difficult because PBT warps when cooling.

Double shot ABS or PBT, if it's available in white and backlit it's all good brah. :D:

Best

Wulf