Corsair Community

Hi! I just recently bought Strafe RGB and I'm loving it.

Just one thing is bothering me. When I set lightning to white I get bright blueish / aqua color even with brightness setting on 100%.

And you can clearly see the difference between blueish white on the keys and pure white on lock lights (which are always white). Googled similar problem but with Logitech keyboard.

Is this normal or should I return it for another one?

Normally RGB LEDs aren't the best at producing white, though I've found my RGB gear to produce "good enough" white. Any RGB LED on the market can have problems reproducing white (though I'm not sure how off your LEDs are without seeing a picture)

Could you post a picture with a section of your keyboard with keys set to white, red, green, and blue? (One picture, with most keys being white, and a few being red, green, and blue)

Hmm i see a bit of the blue tint in the second... I'll look at this on my monitors when I get home tonight. I don't have a STAFE RGB so I'm not sure if you can force a firmware update.. Since it's all the LEDs, I think maybe your particular keyboard is not color calibrated correctly - though I have only my K95 RGBs as a reference point so it's not an "apples-apples" comparison.

If you can force a firmware update, that's what I would do. I'm not sure there's a firmware file on the update server yet though.

just opened my new strafe, white color is awful, worse than in a k70 rgb i think, blue and green everywhere, it doesn´t even look "kind" of white, it looks like what most call "water" color, like a light mix of blue and green (i know water has no color), tried to update the firmware but there is no firmware update as of now

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
The issue is that the LED on the keyboard willl be the correct color, but the lens on the Cherry MX RGB key switch will affect it slightly. Thats why even when you set the color to white, you'll see some diffusion of the light through the key switch itself.

• 5 years later...

I just had the same problem on my K95. No setting for 255-255-255 (or ffffff) would get "white" on the KB.

It looked an off-white/turquoise.

When someone said "it doesn't look white like my lock heys", I tried something.

I hit the manual brightness key.

The brighter I switched it to, the less blue it looked.

NOW it still has a slight tint to it, but it doesn't look as bad. I may want to experiment and see what turning down the blue alone will do...

tried on K70 and it doesn't even look like a blue tint.. its proper blue lol

a bit similar to LL fans but more intense.

Usually to achieve white you have to add quite a bit of orange to the mix on the color wheel (boost green and red.. in effect what you just said : cut blue)