Corsair Community

Strafe Rgb key flicker

evolad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
There is a new firmware and CUE version out today. Have you updated your firmware to version 1.33? Sorry, I don't have a STRAFE RGB to test this issue myself

According to Corsair James and I quote:

"I can tell you though this FW added the support of Shift+Tab lock and universally makes the firmware version the same for all of our CUE supported keyboards"

Doesn't look like it'll fix the issue in question here, although there is maybe more to the firmware update than meets the eye, but without a changelog or some sort of update notes it's hard to tell.

Hi folks,

New strafe owner here and I've just noticed that I seem to have the same problem as you folks.

When I have a profile with 2 different sets of colours (e.g red with white wasd +arrow keys) and reactive lighting turned on my wasd and arrow keys will sometimes randomly flick off/on again in a fraction of a second every 10-60 seconds.

If I have reactive typing turned off the problem does not seem to occur.

I can live with reactive typing off for now but I do like it and would love to see this problem fixed in a future update.

PS. Love the quality feel of this keyboard, I was using a Ducky Zero with browns and the feel of the keycaps and the spacebar rigidity far surpasses it.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I have the same problem with the strafe I create a profile, if I take the default profile with any base effects, the problem does not appear. On my keyboard appears on the problem rarely. I uninstalled and reinstalled CUE and the problem is alleviated.

I tested your profile is green.prf I have the keys q and s, which began to flicker. While generally on my keyboard is the right or w ctrl key.

I think there is a concern at software level.

Sorry for my bad English.

hi,

I have the same problem with the strafe I create a profile, if I take the default profile with any base effects, the problem does not appear. On my keyboard appears on the problem rarely. I uninstalled and reinstalled CUE and the problem is alleviated.

I tested your profile is green.prf I have the keys q and s, which began to flicker. While generally on my keyboard is the right or w ctrl key.

I think there is a concern at software level.

Sorry for my bad English.

Yeah we'll have to wait for an answer from Corsair.

• 1 month later...
Is there any update on this my younger brother bought one that has the same issue using rainbow effects it's mainly noticeable on the A and Caps Lock keys.

Everything is up to date, turned 16.8 on and off without any change.

Still not heard anything about a fix... it`s been a while now which to me doesn't look good!

• Corsair Employee
Still not heard anything about a fix... it`s been a while now which to me doesn't look good!

The fix is still in the pipeline, but because it doesnt affect functionality it will take a bit longer. Again it has nothing to do with the hardware itself.

• 1 month later...
has the fix been releasd?

Not yet. I believe they focused on fixing the Scimitar for the last couple months. they are aware of the flicker issue, just the Scimitar problems took the spotlight.

The flicker doesn't happen often at all. I notice a flicker maybe once or twice a day.

• 2 weeks later...
The fix has not been released yet, but it is being addressed and we are concurrently working on it along with other fixes.

Dear Corsair moderators, I just bought a STRAFE RGB and I am facing the same flickering issue like the others.

But the occurrence of LED flickering issue happens quite frequent on my keyboard

Around 5 flickers per minute, under Rainbow wave mode, speed = slow )

Current firmware version : 1.33

** Reinstalling the firmware does not help

I do hope there will be a fix as soon as possible as it bothers me a lot:[pouts::[pouts:.

Archived