Corsair Community

Strafe Rgb key flicker

evolad

Dear Corsair moderators, I just bought a STRAFE RGB and I am facing the same flickering issue like the others.

But the occurrence of LED flickering issue happens quite frequent on my keyboard

Around 5 flickers per minute, under Rainbow wave mode, speed = slow )

Current firmware version : 1.33

** Reinstalling the firmware does not help

I do hope there will be a fix as soon as possible as it bothers me a lot:[pouts::[pouts:.

Ive only been waiting 5-6 months for this fix... Its not a priority apparently, to busy fixing all the other bad firmware.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive only been waiting 5-6 months for this fix... Its not a priority apparently, to busy fixing all the other bad firmware.

Well that's wrong, as it is also effecting my brand new Strafe board....it looks like it's on all of them to varying degrees....should be a priority by now....:sigh!:

Isn't the Strafe RGB keyboard "V2" ?

It may not be officially named "V2", but it is effectively Corsair's second version of their RGB keyboard hardware.

oh great Toyota made a new 4 wheel car must be the Prius v2, it has 4 wheels a motor and doors so it must be a v2. Its effectively one pulling bs out of ones mouth.

oh great Toyota made a new 4 wheel car must be the Prius v2, it has 4 wheels a motor and doors so it must be a v2. Its effectively one pulling bs out of ones mouth.

A more accurate analogy would be that Toyota made a car with a new type of engine. It didn't perform as originally specified, so they developed a new (second) version of the engine which performed better (and used it in a different car model, if you like), but it still had some issues. It might be possible to sort those issues with ECU updates. If not, a new (third) version of the engine might have to be developed.

the engine aka controller chip isnt the issue.

In which case they can stick with Version 2 of the hardware, and get the software/firmware sorted.

It seems like these RGB keyboards are still a bit troublesome. Hopefully Corsair will eventually get them sorted.

Not to flame, but why does everyone keep comparing computer hardware to cars? It's always cars...

Good point.

Probably because using such things as animals or items of clothing would not be such a good analogy. :laughing:

• 2 months later...
uhh ok so any fix released? Firmware version is 2.04. and i noticed that the flicker only happens on rainbow wave, speed = medium to fast, direction is right. from there i noticed the flicker, im using spiral rainbow and no flickers.

• 3 months later...
The fix has not been released yet, but it is being addressed and we are concurrently working on it along with other fixes.

I have the same issues and have searched the forum for any updates on this, has there been an update on this that i've missed?

Is this problem definately firmware/software related and will it ever be resolved or are we looking at another hardware limitation? Is it best to return this keyboard for another model before warrenty expires incase the fix isnt possible. Please can someone from corsair update on this as i understand its been an issue since last year, I think this issue has been around with most strafe rgb boards for nearly a year now so would of thought if it was just firmware or software related it would of been addressed or have i missed a solution.

thanks

I have the same issues and have searched the forum for any updates on this, has there been an update on this that i've missed?

Is this problem definately firmware/software related and will it ever be resolved or are we looking at another hardware limitation? Is it best to return this keyboard for another model before warrenty expires incase the fix isnt possible. Please can someone from corsair update on this as i understand its been an issue since last year, I think this issue has been around with most strafe rgb boards for nearly a year now so would of thought if it was just firmware or software related it would of been addressed or have i missed a solution.

thanks

I've still got the problem as well, even after all the software/firmware updates. Happens if I use any kind of reactive lighting. So I've just given up and set a nice colour profile and disabled the software. I'm surprised more people don't complain about this issue.

I've still got the problem as well, even after all the software/firmware updates. Happens if I use any kind of reactive lighting. So I've just given up and set a nice colour profile and disabled the software. I'm surprised more people don't complain about this issue.

Seems the problem wasnt taken care of, can someone from corsair please follow up on this flicker issue, as its been 6 months since corsair henry lasted posted. Are we going to get a fix or do we just return the product as faulty?

Yeah, this is pretty discouraging. I just got my K70 Lux RGB a few days ago and saw this issue as well within hours.

I wound up posting on another thread where one person was reporting this problem, thinking it was an isolated issue but at least not unique. Then I found this thread and learned that it has been a known issue for almost a year.

It's pretty bad to have flickers like this when one of the key selling points of your product is animated lighting. You'd think they'd want to make sure that worked right!

• Corsair Employee
Seems the problem wasnt taken care of, can someone from corsair please follow up on this flicker issue, as its been 6 months since corsair henry lasted posted. Are we going to get a fix or do we just return the product as faulty?

My apologies for the lack of updates. The fix is still being released, but is taking longer than usual because priority was CUE 2.0. I assure you once more that this is a FW issue that will be taken care of soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any ETA on the fix?

I just bought a K70 Lux and I am experiencing the same issue. I think of returning it because for me this is not acceptable for a premium keyboard at this price point. And reading this thread doesn't really help building confidence in the ability of Corsair to fix issues in an acceptable timeframe.

I has the same flickering issue on my Strafe Silent Keyboard before. Recently I uninstalled the previous beta CUE2 2.3.xx and freshly installed the new firmware 2.5.66, and downloaded some awesome themes from users, so far I didn't notice the flickerings.

I might create a few other static themes and try it out.

• 1 month later...

Another user with the same issue here. I noticed the flickering since I bought my Strafe RGB, but since I usually use solid colors, It didn't bother me. But today I decide to google for some info, and I'm equally glad and afraid of being able to find this post.

Glad because it's not a hardware issue, and i'm not alone in the boat

But afraid because this issue was notified to corsair *coug* more than a year ago *coug* and it is not solved yet...

I understand that this is not a critical issue, but I bought a premium mechanical keyboard, and what I expect is no less than a premium customer support service.

Can you imagine that you buy a porsche or a lamborghini, and when you start the engine, you get displayed an electronic error on the screen? even if the issue is just anecdotic, you will not accept a 1 year delay for a solution, right?

Cheers.

Another user with the same issue here. I noticed the flickering since I bought my Strafe RGB, but since I usually use solid colors, It didn't bother me. But today I decide to google for some info, and I'm equally glad and afraid of being able to find this post.

Glad because it's not a hardware issue, and i'm not alone in the boat

But afraid because this issue was notified to corsair *coug* more than a year ago *coug* and it is not solved yet...

I understand that this is not a critical issue, but I bought a premium mechanical keyboard, and what I expect is no less than a premium customer support service.

Can you imagine that you buy a porsche or a lamborghini, and when you start the engine, you get displayed an electronic error on the screen? even if the issue is just anecdotic, you will not accept a 1 year delay for a solution, right?

Cheers.

Totally agree!

I created a support ticket and the answer was so generic that make me close the browser without reply back. The style of support was like "try turning it off and on again".

Here in the forums there are better answers from corsair than the official way. At least, here you know they know.

In my case, it's noticeable flickering was reduced by running it as admin, but it still there

Archived