Corsair Community

Latest Link Version Discussion (v3.1.5525)

Technobeard

Config:

Intel i7 4790K

Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

HX1000i

Get the same result as hpvoltage at post #10. Both in system and Power pane it detects everything except CPU temp and all the stuff from HX1000i.

Now back to version 2.7.5339 wich works well it seems. This is the only version that gives me any readout from the HX1000i at all.

I was considering getting a Corsair Link, but that’s out of the question until the existing components work as promised. Good to see you are taking action.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not run a Commander, I use the H100i as the interface.

It does seem more stable than the previous version. I had a bug before where after a bit of time running, Corsair Link would show all fans as running at 3,000+ rpm (which they were not). Temps showed normal. Shutting down link and restarting it returned fan speed indications to normal. This new version does not display any of that 'bad habit'.

I've noticed that CL only controls fans connected to my H100i. If I set to performance mode, those two fans connected directly to the H100i kick up in speed. My AX860i does not. If I go into the CL software and fiddle with the fan configuration for the PSU, then it gets going.

CL still has no effect on my case fans plugged into my mother board.

I too, have a strong feeling of a lack of being impressed. I am a programmer by trade and I do not see this as being so hard to do. It may be time to pony up and consider an employee shift. Sorry to the guy programming, but facts are facts. Eventually, acceptance of a situation must be made.

The new version works fine for me. The only problem I had before was the temp on my AX860i was showing 0C, but now it's working fine.

The only issue I would still like fixed is to address the blinking red fan icon for GPU's that have fans that completely shut off. My MSI GTX970 with its Twin Frozn V cooling system will shut-off when not under heavy load - so the fan icon is always blinking! There should be a configuration check box to stop enable/disable the color and blinking of the icon.

Well I spoke too soon apparently... The LED issue is still present. Can anyone confirm that this is only an issue with the commander mini? If I got a lighting node and connected it to the mini and connected the LED's to the lighting node would the blinking be resolved?

Also, I know new firmware is expected for the H100i, is that expected to address the intermittent detection of the hardware in Link?

Commander Mini here too, and I also have the flickering/blinking LED issue. Happens with custom curve fan RPM's, but I haven't tested yet to see if it happens with fixed RPM and the LED's set to change colour depending on temps.

And I'd also like to know about the H100i issue. Mine's plugged in via USB header right now because when it's connected to the Mini through a Link digital cable it doesn't show in Link.

I am running Windows 8.1 x64 with and Asrock 990fx extreme4 motherboard. I have tried so many tries to get Corsair Link to recognize my h80i I have lost count. I've tried the registry hacks and almost every version of CL available (including v3.1.5525) but the h80i always shows as a banged out device in device manager. I think Im giving up at this point and just going to order a cooler that has software that works.

Here we go again : AX1200i is not seen by this release... Please do something about it.

i have a fix go into device manager look for corsair usb dongle if it says not digitally signed click properties then driver tab uninstall driver make sure to check box uninstall all software then go into control panel then programs and features and uninstall all corsair link software and drivers don't restart yet go to users then app data then roaming and delete the corsair folder. now reboot then reinstall corsair link then go into device manager right click corsair usb dongle then click on update driver and let windows chose driver.

I reset the legacy usb support to disabled and the h80i fans and pump do not show up in the system configuration of corsair link. I don't know what to do. I know that I updated the software online, but I did not uninstall the software and delete the profiles. Should i uninstall it and remove all the profiles? then install it again?

I reset the legacy usb support to disabled and the h80i fans and pump do not show up in the system configuration of corsair link. I don't know what to do. I know that I updated the software online, but I did not uninstall the software and delete the profiles. Should i uninstall it and remove all the profiles? then install it again?

Yes, uninstall and delete the profiles then reinstall. This is the standard procedure for installing a new version of C-Link.

In my experience the most likely thing to upset an otherwise stable (if not fully functional) C-Link is Windows Update. As soon as the PC is rebooted after update some (usually the motherboard) sensors stop being recognized. It also causes the duplicate sensor detection problem.

They tend to only reappear after another update and reboot, although there is no telling if it will be the next update of the 5th update that make the sensors come back to life. If there are duplicate sensors, sometimes it is the 'other' set of sensors that come back to life.

I'll wait for the next time my sensors stop working before trying out V3. In the meantime I'll be reading the issue reports on this forum, hoping to see some functionality and stability improvements. Looking forward to a new H80i firmware version also.

Z97

h100i

mini link commander

AX1200

Why have I spent so much money on things that still don't work,

AX1200 & H100i Don't show up though mini link commander only when free standing but run out of USB headers LEDs still do what they want and now the size if the icons on system screen won't save everytime I open it their large.

Please get a grip boys and girls a lot of people have spent hard earned money to buy your products but there a lot like myself that have yet to see this stuff work properly. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just installed this new version of CL RC v3.1.5525 and it's working great so far. I know some of you are having issue, but not me. Worked perfect from the start. Temps and LED lighting seems much better then the last version.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. It's not all negative comments :D:

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag42/Ripio_Suelto/capturaCL_zps959c6186.jpg

Sorry for my English, Google helps me.

I have never lost hours, whole days trying to fix a software problem as has happened with CL

It worked a while with Windows 7, was corrupting progressively until I could no longer make it work more, except to manage the led color pump. Under Windows 8.1 also died this function, the LED color was set in a "walking dead" look. Ugly, disappointing.

I tried all ways to solve it. I installed a new version of CL which was released, I change registry keys, I uninstal, clean, reinstal, a new version, an older versions, I connect and disconnect the dongle, y try in other USB ports, I dancing I a rituals indians songs around de PC, I prayed to the pagan gods, I insulted Corsair technicians in the most vulgar terms...

Nothing worked. I cut the cables of the fans of my H100i, brought them all together and plugged directly into the CPU header. The cooler and the rest of the case fans were managed since then by the Asus Ai Suite 3, a much lower solution because when CL works, it's great, is the better system fans manager, with accurate temps testing and excelent and excellent response for adjust changes.

The hardware is among the top, the Corsair Link concept is excelent, is difficult to understand that Corsair technicians fail to develop a stable software.

This new version, with many faults, works in my system... for now...

At least enough to control the color of the led and the management of CPU coolers.

Todo lo demás, falla.

Resulting in a failure when is setting to startup with windows, not read some components, other non-managed, not save some profile settings...

But at least, I repeat, controls the fans and the LED color. They managed to make us conform with little.

Sorry for my english, surely not everything is properly said.

Finally my h100i is able to be seen but i have a problem with the h100i fans randomly going to full rpm then back down to normal immediately and this happens randomly but at least 20+ times a day. Doesn't matter if im using my computer or away from it. I did change my regedit settings back to 1 instead of zero which i changed to get the h100i to come up on version .5110. Also its blinking red for my gtx970 fan cause the fan doesnt spin unless its a certain temp. Also my all my case fans only have default as an option and i cant adjust them or anything through corsair link

i7-4770k

MSI z87 g45

H100i

AX100i

Archived