Corsair Community

Latest Link Version Discussion (v3.1.5525)

Technobeard

The locking does not work in CL 3.1 and you are likely to get issues running it with any other software such as AIDA64, HWiNFO, OWN, SIV, SpeedFan, ...! I do not know what CAM accesses, but I suspect it will also have issues. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138035.

Crap,that's horrible that If I install CL alongside CAM and AI Suit, I might have a really bad time trying to figure out what when wrong.

I am planning to Install AI Suite from Asus and CAM fron NZXT, I think I can live without the corsair link although I wonder if I will benefit at all in installing the CL just for be able to use the 1200i.

Thank you for your kind response.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap,that's horrible that If I install CL alongside CAM and AI Suit, I might have a really bad time trying to figure out what when wrong.

AI Suite also does not use locks, so it's not safe to run it with ANY other monitoring software. In general no motherboard maker software uses locks.

The same is also true of Corsair. CL is layered on the CPUID SDK which should use locks, but CL uses a build with a bug and they did not spot this (it took me 30 seconds!). However CL does not use a lock (HWiNFO and SIV use Global\Access_CorsairLink) to interlock access to CL hardware which is not ideal.

AI Suite also does not use locks, so it's not safe to run it with ANY other monitoring software. In general no motherboard maker software uses locks.

The same is also true of Corsair. CL is layered on the CPUID SDK which should use locks, but CL uses a build with a bug and they did not spot this (it took me 30 seconds!). However CL does not use a lock (HWiNFO and SIV use Global\Access_CorsairLink) to interlock access to CL hardware which is not ideal.

So, are you saying that if I install AI Suite and the CAM software, I might have some software issues? I hope you are mistaken because I really need the AI Suite to oc my board.

As per the CL: Do you recommend to install it or not alongside the CAM software?

I recommend you only use/install one one of AISuite, CL or CAM. Further if any of those are being used DO NOT USE any of AIDA64, HWiNFO, OHM, SIV, SpeedFan, etc..

I develop SIV and as a result have an in-depth knowledge of locking issues so it is unlikely I am mistaken. Things may seem to work but sooner or later that s***t will hit the fan!

The issues are not really software issues, but need software changes to remove them. They are different programs changing the same hardware registers at the same time. The most common issue is the SMBus locking up, but there are many others. All of AIDA64, HWiNFO, OHM, SIV and SpeedFan can be used together as the correctly use the same named mutexes to interlock access. For a list of these look at the SIV Menu->Help->SMBus Locks panel. It will also tell you which exist and which namespace they are in. If you just have SIV running and start AIDA64/HWiNFO you will see them come into existence.

BTW you should fill in your PC Specs.

Archived