Corsair Community

Latest Link Version Discussion (v3.1.5525)

Technobeard

well i tried the 3.1 and now it the temp of the cpu and water collant inside my h80i says 0 knowing that it like before im not using it im back to my good old 2.4 drawback there is i have to select the led color every time i restart or start pc on

not a inprovement what so ever

and pls add a option to disable the splash screen when we start our pc

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

running Win8.1 / AX1200i with Corsair Link - the newest Version ->3.1.5525 (and tested also one or two earlier Versions) and gives similar results :

not all sensors are detected, sometimes they are flashing red, sometimes display/report normal temps/rpms, under "Power" options it sometimes doesn't display anything.. or fluctuates - with every refresh after 2 seconds - it either displays some values or doesn't do that at all...

Looks like that :

http://i.imgur.com/Bzuq6Vx.png

I was/am quite unhappy because I thought it will be a nice additional feature... of course only when it works as advertised.

I was SO unimpressed (and also tried every virtual solution I could find -- regtweak (haven't been able to find the mentioned entry - the nearest was VID_1B1C&PID_1C00->r35425 for Corsair USB Dongle), installing as Admin/in compatibility mode, changing USB power options etc.) that I performed a search for a newer version of drivers for the USB Dongle...

This is what I've found :

Seems that Corsair is using the USBXpress hardware / chipset from Silicon Labs with customised drivers (I assume - via SDK).

SDK for USBXpress can be found here :

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBXpress.aspx

By doing driver release dates / versions comparision I could find out, that Corsair developers still use the legacy version of the SDK (v3.5.1) and not the newer one -> (v4.0.2 - Note: USBXpress 4.0 has been updated to make use of WinUSB. This version of the driver must be used with the latest interface library and CP210x Manufacturing DLLs. )

Release Notes :

http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/Software/USBXpress4_rel_notes.txt

I tried to create the drivers with the new SDK but I am seriously lacking knowledge and skills (might also be that I am totally wrong with my assumptions and Corsair uses the new WinUSB approach and the new SDK).

But - maybe someone could take a look at it ?

I would really like to use all the advertised features - that's also why I have payed extra bucks to have the best...

Seems to be working fine with my system specs as in my profile. CPU is showing correct temp now.

The only issue I am having is I can't seem to un-hide a motherboard temp sensor that I hid and it is only picking up one of the 2 x GTX 980 cards.

Does anyone know how I can un-hide a device? There is supposed to be a tick box under Options Settings dialogue but I can't see anything there.

Cheers Q

Seems to be working fine with my system specs as in my profile. CPU is showing correct temp now.

The only issue I am having is I can't seem to un-hide a motherboard temp sensor that I hid and it is only picking up one of the 2 x GTX 980 cards.

Does anyone know how I can un-hide a device? There is supposed to be a tick box under Options Settings dialogue but I can't see anything there.

Cheers Q

go into link options/general and click on ''show all devices''

Thanks for your reply but as I mentioned in my previous post the setting is no longer in Options / General or anywhere else I have checked.

The available tick boxes in Options General are

Show Tool Tips

Show Temp in Celsius

Show Temp in Fahrenheit

Snap to Grid

Run at Windows Startup

Start Minimised

There is no option any more for Show All Devices with 3.1.5525

So my question still stands how can I unhide a hidden device with the new version.

Cheers Q

Then you could set your profile to default to show all active icons.,then customize the profile from then on.

Ive yet to use this version,its odd this option was removed

Yes I tried that as well mate and it didn't return the hidden item but thanks for the suggestion.

It seems they have either deliberately or inadvertently removed the option to unhide hidden devices once you have hidden them with this new version.

Cheers Q

This version works Great in my system!

Only 3 issues remain the same for me for all the Link versions to date.

All my three profiles are the same, except for Fan Speeds (Quiet, Performance & Maximum), and all three profiles are set to "Medium" Icon Size (in the System Tab).

My H100i LED is grouped to the H100i temp. The Mini's Two Led Strips are grouped to the CPU Temp. All the LED Modes are set to Temps.: 40, 60 & 80, (Black, Yellow & Red). None are set to (0).My PC usually runs between 28 and 35 degrees (black, or unlit LEDs).

1. When I have saved the current profile and switch to another profile, or boot up from the PC being Off, two issues occur:

a) The Icon Size goes to Large every time, and I have to change it back to Medium every time. Also, I shut down my PC last night (left the PSU On). On boot up this morning, the Link Icons were again Large and I had to change it back to medium.

b) All three LED light systems go Red, and I have to click on each one to bring up the Configuration, then click on a blank area to close the Configuration for each one and the lights go back to dark like they should.

Note: I save the profile every time I change the Icon size.

2. Drives: All my SSD's & my one Seagate HDD (F:) are displayed, but only one of my two matching WD black 2 TB HDD's (D:) is displayed; E: is not displayed. The WD HDD's are Not in RAID.

3) And, as you noted, only one of my Two Radion R7 GPUs is displayed.

1095582676_Protocol48-2015-03-07-LinkVersion3-1-5525-SystemPicture-UsingCmdrMini.thumb.jpg.509fe3f9854a5a3631294fbb4e373e1d.jpg

I tried this new version on my windows 8.1 install, works just as bad as v2.7.5361

The only thing I want is to read out my PSU AX860i with corsair link. This version, just like 2.7.5361 only shows some readings every now and then. Temperature shows 27 degrees, jumps to 0 degrees, jumps to 27 degrees and so on.

So I'm back at 2.4.5065 which works absolutely fine. As long as you have the drivers installed.

The only advantage of this new version is that it can run together with NZXT Cam a bit. Since I have the Kraken X61. Unfortunately, Corsair Link seems to claim the device. Fans spin up to 100% for a few seconds when I start CL. Cam is no longer able to detect the kraken. Furthermore, CL is not able to control the Kraken and shows 0 readings.

How hard can it be to communicate with an USB device...

That fine and great . but what of the units we people have now,. will this fix the firmware with out needing to send the units back for RMA, refeed on the firmware ?

Or will we need to remove the unit and send it in ?

Still have problem after upgrading mother board CPU and memory .

No user adjustment for he LEDs and no user adjustment for Fans or pump speed. even after un-installing software and removing digital info from reg . still having same issue ..

Howdy Everyone

Do any of you know if the new version 3.1.5525 has a fix for one of the "Known Issues" of the older version 2.7.5361 that should have supposedly been addresses in version 2.8: "1. LED saved settings not persistent after restart if two of the colors are set to 0 (255, 0,0) New firmware revision to address issues will be available in a 2.8 release."?

Thanks.

CTV

EDIT: Scrap that. I overlooked it in the notes. It seems its still an issue. When is this going to be addressed as it was supposed to have been fixed in version 2.8 and its already beyond this release?!

Hi. I would like to report that the new version v3.1.5525 is working under windows 10 TP, and much better than the prev version. I had some difficulties with the detection of my H80i, but then i switched it to an another USB 2.0 slot on my motherboard, and now its working fine. Only issues i got are with other fans installed on my motherboard and CPU temp (FX 8350) are reporting 0 in link software. (only on the software UI). If i check it in tray icon (right click > fan and pump info> everything is OK.

Brand new fresh install of 8.1 x64

Install this latest Link software

Absolutely no detection of the H100i at all

Great work as usual Corsair, bravo

Why do you even bother? Why do you even release link software at all? You might as well release a picture of a potato, it will have the same detection and control over the H100i as your link software, and it'll be cheaper than feeding your code monkeys bananas each day - seriously, consider it, you useless tools

So when my CPU overheats, damages the board and CPU, and I open a case against you, will you be pissed? You know, because I installed everything Corsair recommended me to install, but it didn't work and broke my £1000 machine, sound ok to you? Good.

Brand new fresh install of 8.1 x64

Install this latest Link software

Absolutely no detection of the H100i at all

Great work as usual Corsair, bravo

Why do you even bother? Why do you even release link software at all? You might as well release a picture of a potato, it will have the same detection and control over the H100i as your link software, and it'll be cheaper than feeding your code monkeys bananas each day - seriously, consider it, you useless tools

So when my CPU overheats, damages the board and CPU, and I open a case against you, will you be pissed? You know, because I installed everything Corsair recommended me to install, but it didn't work and broke my £1000 machine, sound ok to you? Good.

Being the Link software isn't entry level software ,some will need a little additional assistance to get things up and running ,

If you would fill in your system specs ,OS and Link version and other info that may help and well be glad to help in any way we can...

Being the Link software isn't entry level software ,some will need a little additional assistance to get things up and running ,

If you would fill in your system specs ,OS and Link version and other info that may help and well be glad to help in any way we can...

Isn't entry level software? Im not an entry level user

What you mean is, it's a buggy PoS and takes workarounds and p1ssing about to get it working

When I get a download for a program to control my H100i, and install it as per the instructions on a fresh windows install, and it fails to detect the hardware it was supposed to be designed to control - that is NOT user error, that is complete fail on the developers side

And when the exact same problem has occured with every single release of the link software since years ago, that is NOT user error

And when a forum discussing said builds is full of the exact same problem, that is NOT user error

How difficult can it be to create a piece of software to control a water cooler, and have it actually detect that piece of hardware?

For all other hardware in my machine that requires control software, I install it, reboot and it works

With Corsair, that's impossible because Corsair can not code so they hand it over to incompetant devs who also can not code, do no testing, and release it anyway

Then you get people on the forums blaming the user

What extra do I need to do on a 100% fresh windows install with no previous Link software installed, other than install it, accept the drivers install prompts, and reboot?

EDIT - Filled in Specs, I find it extremely amusing that there is no place to enter which Corsair Water Cooler I have installed, considering that's likely one of the most important specs needed for this forum

What you mean is, it's a buggy PoS and takes workarounds and p1ssing about to get it working

You perfectly read my mind,then you must also know

I bought my first Link which was a total POS

I bought my 2nd Link which was a total POS

I bought my 3rd Link which was a total POS

I bought my 4th Link which was a total POS

I bought my 5th Link which was a total POS

I also was simply trying to help but again Im sure you also knew this

good day sir...

Archived