Corsair Community

Latest Link Version Discussion (v3.1.5525)

Technobeard

I found a great little tool called USBDeview (Download link is waayy down on the bottom of this page: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html).

With it I was able to easily play around with the H80i's USB connection.

1. I used USBDeview to uninstall the drivers for the H80i.
  2. Closed Corsair Link.
  3. Then I scanned for new hardware in device manager, and it installed my H80i again.
  4. Started Corsair Link and it said "Hey a new device! Let's reboot" - or something similar...
  5. Rebooted and... success!

I am running an earlier version of Corsair Link however (2.7.5339) because that version seems to work best in my case. I haven't tried 5525 with the solution above yet.

h80i.jpg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found a great little tool called USBDeview (Download link is waayy down on the bottom of this page: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html).

With it I was able to easily play around with the H80i's USB connection.

1. I used USBDeview to uninstall the drivers for the H80i.
  2. Closed Corsair Link.
  3. Then I scanned for new hardware in device manager, and it installed my H80i again.
  4. Started Corsair Link and it said "Hey a new device! Let's reboot" - or something similar...
  5. Rebooted and... success!

I am running an earlier version of Corsair Link however (2.7.5339) because that version seems to work best in my case. I haven't tried 5525 with the solution above yet.

h80i.jpg

thx for the tip,Ill have to try it out...

Guys Corsair Link continues to be a piece of junk....

Now I get random read write errors according to event viewer. I get the windows sound as if I keep disconnecting and reconnecting the hardware. it happens every few seconds. Sometimes the fans completely stop spinning. Then after a few seconds the windows sound for hardware connected can be heard, and the fans start spinning again.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling..nothing. Nothing works.

Can someone help? This is extremely annoying. Could it be that my h100i is faulty? Then again the disconnects/reconnects only happen when I install corsair link. If I leave the h100i without software I don't get this issue. I don't know what to say.

My rig is new, I have a Gigabyte Z97 motherboard with i7 4790k so I doubt it's a matter of it being too old.

Please help...appreciated.

Guys Corsair Link continues to be a piece of junk....

Now I get random read write errors according to event viewer. I get the windows sound as if I keep disconnecting and reconnecting the hardware. it happens every few seconds. Sometimes the fans completely stop spinning. Then after a few seconds the windows sound for hardware connected can be heard, and the fans start spinning again.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling..nothing. Nothing works.

Can someone help? This is extremely annoying. Could it be that my h100i is faulty? Then again the disconnects/reconnects only happen when I install corsair link. If I leave the h100i without software I don't get this issue. I don't know what to say.

My rig is new, I have a Gigabyte Z97 motherboard with i7 4790k so I doubt it's a matter of it being too old.

Please help...appreciated.

It isnt in your h100i but within the software itself,,in which Corsair is working on.The software release was in validation a couple of weeks ago but encountered issues that needed addressed so the release got delayed.

Hopefully the wait wont be much longer...

It isnt in your h100i but within the software itself,,in which Corsair is working on.The software release was in validation a couple of weeks ago but encountered issues that needed addressed so the release got delayed.

Hopefully the wait wont be much longer...

Thanks. So other people have the same issue?

Thanks Wytnyt. I hope to hear something back on a new version soon cause right now it's unusable :(

By the way great looking system! Would you be interested in giving me some mentoring on some cooling choices I would like to implement on my system? If yes can contact you through PM :)

Thanks Wytnyt. I hope to hear something back on a new version soon cause right now it's unusable :(

By the way great looking system! Would you be interested in giving me some mentoring on some cooling choices I would like to implement on my system? If yes can contact you through PM :)

Id be glad to help in anyway I can,be it here or pm,ironically enough Ive been pulling my hair out getting 2 Aquaero.s and Mini commander working in this build and as usual it was something really dumb on my part...

Think about what your looking to do and what your looking to spend and well go from there.

Today after my 5th windows 8 re-install, I discovered that the language pack was interfering with the Corsair Link. (win8 portuguese-brazillian language pack).

I am since last week trying to find a way to make this Corsair Link work and the only way to do it, is to leave my windows in english. If I change it to portuguese-brazillian language, everything in CL stop to work... Devices not detected, no temperature or fan readings and the ones that are detected, those values keeps jumping from 0 to some random number.

Maybe the software and the win8 language core have some link to show this behaviour?

So far I'm with just a win8 clean install. No updated yet.

I'm doing a system backup now, because if something go wrong again, I won't have to re-install everything again. Then I'll try the 8.1 update and check if everything continue ok.

Corsair Link says that the current firmware of my H100i is the 1.0.7 and when I try to check for updates it tell me that no updates have been found... is the 1.0.7 the latest version?

Yes, For the H100i 1.0.7 is the latest released firmware version.

Today I upgraded to windows 8.1.

After I did that, my wireless microsoft mouse and keyboard 5000 combo stopped to work, together with my intel lan, some SM bus device and of course the Corsair Link.

But before I downgrade back to win 8, I reinstalled all the updated motherboard and device drivers and everything started to work back again, but not the Corsair Link.

So the last thing I tried was going to the device manager window, under the HID tab, I looked for the USB Inpud Device which corresponded to the Corsair Link. I disabled the driver and enable it in sequence while the Corsair Link was open. Just after I enable it, a pop up window from CL apeared showing a message that the system must be restarted because it found some new device.

After I restarted, it was working again. That Maxtor drive showing 0º was fixed removing the profile and creating a new one. When I restarted Corsair Link it was working again too.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/Eduardo_Silva_Eev/Screenshot%202015-03-18%2022.30.48_zpsyiunmyf2.png

So the last thing I tried was going to the device manager window, under the HID tab, I looked for the USB Inpud Device which corresponded to the Corsair Link. I disabled the driver and enable it in sequence while the Corsair Link was open. Just after I enable it, a pop up window from CL apeared showing a message that the system must be restarted because it found some new device.

After I restarted, it was working again. That Maxtor drive showing 0º was fixed removing the profile and creating a new one. When I restarted Corsair Link it was working again too.

It sounds like you actually know how to troubleshoot issues when changes creates more issues.

I remember when I added a 780 card to a build and had no video and had to d/l a driver to get it working,just glad I had other computers to do this.

good to see you got things working...

Here we go again, why is it so complicated to make the software automatically uninstall profiles etc, when a new install is being detected!!! WHY DOES THE USER HAVE TO DO ALL THIS, all most every other software uninstalls old versions and this day and age it is unheard of that you need to do registry edits to make a program work. This should all be coded into the software, actually with the success rate of this software (actually huge lack of, might be better not to let corsair touch the registry, might crash your computer next) Folks look at my join date this is how long Iv been waiting for a fully functional software that can simply control my fans. To who ever posted about getting a error every few seconds its probably the faulty corsair drive called PMBus Bridge, On a good note, I have not installed this new version yet just been reading everyone else's problems. I'm sure Ill start my typical rants once I try this version, but honestly I hope it works so I can be rid of this forum.:flamethro:uzi:

Update... I installed the new software its showing most stuff correctly, I'm running windows 10, I'm pleased to report their has been a improvement in the software, still lack fan control which is why I bought it in first place (corsair decided to change their stand on this after the fact and said pwm fans, then edit it to say certain pwm fans, which was never disclosed when I bought it) PMBus Bridge has been addressed on my system at least, I have not played with it much so not sure what issues still exist....(ram guy, cool guy, techno, ya gotta still love me because I call it like I see it, if you do good I say so if you do underpar well ya know lol)

Update... I installed the new software its showing most stuff correctly, I'm running windows 10, I'm pleased to report their has been a improvement in the software, still lack fan control which is why I bought it in first place (corsair decided to change their stand on this after the fact and said pwm fans, then edit it to say certain pwm fans, which was never disclosed when I bought it) PMBus Bridge has been addressed on my system at least, I have not played with it much so not sure what issues still exist....(ram guy, cool guy, techno, ya gotta still love me because I call it like I see it, if you do good I say so if you do underpar well ya know lol)

And your one of the few that states your issues without trying to garner support by going drastically over board,I respect this and say thanks...

Folks look at my join date this is how long Iv been waiting for a fully functional software that can simply control my fans

I installed the H80i GT yesterday and I don't have a CPU temp readout in Corsair Link. Anything but "Quiet mode" on the Pump makes a LOT of noise (it's water cooling! It isn't supposed to be that noisy). Also sometimes I have a readout of my h80i GT Pump+Fans.

I read a lot of different threads before reaching this post on my issue, but reading this makes it crystal clear to me, that I won't be able to set the "cooling aggressiveness" profile on my unit based on CPU temp. I'll just have to live with whatever performance I can squeeze out of Quiet mode+how much noise I can accept the fans making. The costs of time and hassle of removing the unit outweighs making an RMA and returning the unit, wait, then install yet again.

..End of venting :) Now I'm off to see how much I can overclock

I read a lot of different threads before reaching this post on my issue, but reading this makes it crystal clear to me, that I won't be able to set the "cooling aggressiveness" profile on my unit based on CPU temp.

You can / has to set the fanprofiles based on the watertemp. (which is related to CPU temp./ load). It works well, IF you get CorsairLink working right.

Best working version for my combo is V2.7.5339 on W8.1PROx64.. Only issue is that the HDD/SSD temps doesn't update! Temps stays on boot temps.

Installing the AIO cooler is plug-and play, but deeply sadly i must say not the software.. tooo many hassles to make it work a bit.

Corsair must stop fooling customers with nice words about CorsairLink software, while they know that it's not plug and play and buggy for years!! A BIG warning would at least be in place on their CorsairLink stuff.

1891974041_CorsairLinkPCsetup3.thumb.jpg.7dc30210dc67bb5e2a4cf1ce7d121c54.jpg

Hi guys,

I don't remember when was the last time when Corsair link worked on my system correctly. So here will be my feedback on the issues of current version of C-Link:

1. H100i Temp shows constant - 0 *C;

2. Gigabyte Motherboard Fan 1 and Fan 2 constant - 0 RPM (CPUID shows FANIN1 and FANIN2 working);

3. Gigabyte Motherboard Temp *C - 0 (CPUID shows all temp sensors are fine);

4. Intel Core i7 4770k Temp - randomly changes from 0 to actual degrees. Most part of time it shows 0, then shows actual temps for a second or two, then again goes back to 0 for 5 - 10 sec.

5. Intel Core i7 4770k % (load) - constant 0;

6. AX860i Power In, Power Out, Calculated Efficiency - shows 0 all the time;

7. AX860i Temp - once in a while switches to 0 and then back again to normal.

Please visit my profile for currect System Specs if required.

P.S.

Corsair please fix it once and for all - otherwise at the moment and already for a while C-Link is a totally useless piece of software.

Windows 10 10041 x64. Corsair Link is NOT showing my H100i...

But WAIT..! If I do the Registry tweak, it works, but i refuse to do it, why? Because the software should be able to modify FOR ME the registry, to allow the software run smoothly.

Corsair, I will NOT change the registry keys myself, it's not fair for a customer who paid to do this. Fix this, this is not something forbidden by MSFT...CHANGE THE REGISTRY KEYS when the software installs... This is truly unacceptable.

Uninstalling Corsair Link until that's fixed. I'm incredible frustrated atm.

Thanks.

Archived