Corsair Community

Recall of H110i GT Coolers from resellers (not an end user recall)

jonnyguru

I'm sorry. This thread is about the H100i GT recall. Please try to stay on topic.

The title says H110i GT?

Has there been any update on this? I'm putting together a system in an 780T and would love to utilize one of these (brand***** that I am) however if they aren't available then they aren't available and that means shopping for something else :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
The title says H110i GT?

Yeah. TYpo. I was talking to Kornelius who wanted to talk about H100i GTX availability in a thread about H110i GT.

Has there been any update on this? I'm putting together a system in an 780T and would love to utilize one of these (brand***** that I am) however if they aren't available then they aren't available and that means shopping for something else :(

Yes. The girl that's managing the inventory is out sick, but she has orders from upper management to take care of existing customers with RMAs over new orders. She should get back with me soon with the inventory status.

Yeah. TYpo. I was talking to Kornelius who wanted

Yes. The girl that's managing the inventory is out sick, but she has orders from upper management to take care of existing customers with RMAs over new orders. She should get back with me soon with the inventory status.

Thanks for the update. I actually ordered an H100i GTX as I saw it on sale for 18% off and figured why not. I don't plan on doing any overclocking so would hope that it would be enough to keep an i7 5820K cool enough without any OC.

I suppose if it isn't I've got a 30 day window to return it and exchange for the H110i if you guys get stock out there.

Glad I found this thread, I was poking around for information regarding the H110i GT availability. I hate to be another one of the users chiming asking "are we there yet?" But I'm having a hard time getting an idea when we can expect to see the units in stock at places like NewEgg, TigerDirect, NCIX, etc? Are we talking days, weeks? This would be for new orders. I can certainly understand that RMA orders would expect to receive their units first.

Also, slightly off topic. I'm reading that the hardware isn't included to do a 4-fan push/pull setup. Is this not recommended? Can anyone point me in the direction of what extra I need to buy to get a good push/pull going with H110i GT?

Thanks in advance!

I have had my H110i GT on my desk since february as i am waiting on my new build until the new GPU's are out. I was not aware of the possible leak problem in sub freezing temperatures, so i decided to open mine up today, and i cant se any waterdrops or moisture either on the unit or inside the plastic.

But i wonder, has Corsair found out why some of the units had a leak? Would be nice to know before i throw mine inside with expensive hardware even though im sure it wont start leaking under normal conditions.

• Corsair Employee

But i wonder, has Corsair found out why some of the units had a leak? Would be nice to know before i throw mine inside with expensive hardware even though im sure it wont start leaking under normal conditions.

It says in the first post:

We discovered that when some units are exposed to extremely cold, sub-freezing temperatures during shipment, they can leak small amounts of coolant.

Unless you're operating your cooler in -20°C temperatures, you're fine.

Thanks for the update. I actually ordered an H100i GTX as I saw it on sale for 18% off and figured why not. I don't plan on doing any overclocking so would hope that it would be enough to keep an i7 5820K cool enough without any OC.

I suppose if it isn't I've got a 30 day window to return it and exchange for the H110i if you guys get stock out there.

Don't sweat it. I just barely get into the 80's at 4.7 GHz @ 1.295V (Super-stable) on a i7-4790K, delidded CLU/CLU, and only then stress testing (No, I didn't win the silicon lottery, I got somewhere at the top of the middle of the pack). Average is 50's to just over 60 doing moderate load crunching SETI using the KWSN (Lunatics) AVX client 24/7.

Higher overclocks do see a difference, but I'm having difficulty getting a low voltage 4.8 GHz, but am close to getting a 4.8 GHz stable, but am holding off on that until the H110i GT is widely available. Hey jonnyguru, you guys going to do like an apology rebate initially? It might go a long way and do good things for sales.

I went ahead and got the H100i GTX (doing multiple family builds this year anyway, so it's all good), and the numbers I just gave are for that. Ambient is in the 70's F for those numbers.

I want the H110i GT for my personal build though, and the H100i GTX is just an interim thing, that has plans to rotate out into a different system once I do.

Trust me. It'll cool even an OC'd i7 5820K. :D:

You silly guys!!! Just when I was settling in to the home stretch of my build New Egg has the H110i GT in stock. Looks like I'm returning the H100i GTX and grabbing the H110i GT now. Yay! LOL

You silly guys!!! Just when I was settling in to the home stretch of my build New Egg has the H110i GT in stock. Looks like I'm returning the H100i GTX and grabbing the H110i GT now. Yay! LOL

Are they doing that??? I only bought mine because I ran out of time on my build schedule waiting for the 110.

Then again, that 380T is like calling me, and it fits one of these 100i's....

Don't sweat it. I just barely get into the 80's at 4.7 GHz @ 1.295V (Super-stable) on a i7-4790K, delidded CLU/CLU, and only then stress testing (No, I didn't win the silicon lottery, I got somewhere at the top of the middle of the pack). Average is 50's to just over 60 doing moderate load crunching SETI using the KWSN (Lunatics) AVX client 24/7.

Higher overclocks do see a difference, but I'm having difficulty getting a low voltage 4.8 GHz, but am close to getting a 4.8 GHz stable, but am holding off on that until the H110i GT is widely available. Hey jonnyguru, you guys going to do like an apology rebate initially? It might go a long way and do good things for sales.

I went ahead and got the H100i GTX (doing multiple family builds this year anyway, so it's all good), and the numbers I just gave are for that. Ambient is in the 70's F for those numbers.

I want the H110i GT for my personal build though, and the H100i GTX is just an interim thing, that has plans to rotate out into a different system once I do.

I have the 4790k - 4.7 @ 1.2v + .100 . My idle temps are 19c if its just sitting idle. and during my gaming sessions its around 50c. I don't use the artificial benchmark software.

I just have one solution for you. Did you put o rings on the backplate? My temps were high like yours and they dropped after I put them on. You can see if you need them by either the backplate "wiggles" a lot or if it's already mounted you can move the move the pump. If so I would do it.

I have an asus mobo.

Hi,

I'm new here but, like the rest of you, have concerns about the current apparent non-availability of the Corsair Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm cooler.

I have to say you guys are all sounding very patient and reasonable whereas my experience is now starting to make me feel quite frustrated and, indeed, annoyed. My story is as follows:

Placed an order with Ebuyer.com (UK) towards end of February. At that time their site suggested delivery within a few days. Didn't happen.

Waited a few weeks then contacted Ebuyer as I was concerned that delivery might occur while I was away on holiday. Advised that the package required a signature, preferred date of delivery could not be selected nor could it be left with a neighbour. Recommended I cancelled and reordered which I did.

I returned from holiday - no package and the EBuyer site was stating that they were 'expecting this item on 30th April' and that they were available for pre-order. So I decided to wait it out.

30th April has come and gone and on the 1st. May the site message changed to 'expecting this item on 29th May" and still available for pre-order!

Now someone is leading us a merry dance without offering an explanation or apology for these delays. Either Corsair are repeatedly letting down their retailers or sites like EBuyer are deliberately lying to us in order to secure future orders. Either way the situation is extremely unsatisfactory and leaves us all in a state of limbo.

Many of us, myself included, have builds on hold as we cannot fire up our machines without an adequate CPU cooling solution.

I think it is about time that Corsair made a public announcement to clarify what exactly is going on. Failing that, then I would imagine posts like these are only likely to discourage future sales of the Corsair Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm and, indeed, damage confidence in the Corsair brand as a whole.

Mike

• Corsair Employee

I think it is about time that Corsair made a public announcement to clarify what exactly is going on. Failing that, then I would imagine posts like these are only likely to discourage future sales of the Corsair Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm and, indeed, damage confidence in the Corsair brand as a whole.

Hi Mike.

AFAIK, Corsair's done their part. I'm looking at an inventory report right now, and our EU warehouse has 1,417 of these coolers in stock.

I can't speak for Ebuyer and I'm not in sales, but perhaps they buy from a distributor and that distributor is not getting the product to them? I really don't know. But I can tell you that the coolers are in stock GLOBALLY.

Hi Mike.

AFAIK, Corsair's done their part. I'm looking at an inventory report right now, and our EU warehouse has 1,417 of these coolers in stock.

I can't speak for Ebuyer and I'm not in sales, but perhaps they buy from a distributor and that distributor is not getting the product to them? I really don't know. But I can tell you that the coolers are in stock GLOBALLY.

Hi jonnyguru,

Thanks for that. Accepting you are correct it would appear that I should apologise to Corsair and, of course, retract that part of my post referring to their actions or lack thereof.

However, the same can not yet be said of EBuyer.com who appear to have been stringing us along for the past couple of months. Frankly I have lost faith in their ability to fulfil their obligations to their customers and, unless circumstances change quickly, fully intend to cancel my order...again!

Please, can you recommend another UK outlet that is known currently to have these units in stock?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Ananais,

Thanks very much! Item ordered and should arrive on the 6th May.

Must remember to contact EBuyer to cancel...as if I would forget..lol

Regards,

Mike :)

No worries mate :)

I would be ordering one myself, however cant justify the postage cost when its free from amazon, so giving amazon a few more days to get them back in before I break down and shell out even more money I dont have lol.

• 2 months later...
Hi Guys can I ask what is much better for performance and look for Corsair H110i GT and GTX? its been annoying to me since GTX is release I check all the online store but GTX is still not available and its like the same of H100 GTX. Can give me advise for what I will purchase?

Archived