Corsair Community

Vengeance 16 GB Problem

Hello,

i installed a week ago the RAM in my System. To see if the RAM is working correctly i started a Blend test with Prime95 27.7 and after one hour there was an error: "rounding was 0.5, expected 0.4 ". After that i have started a blend test with just two Modules but same error, just it was not 0.5 but 0.49237423) To proof if its the memory which is the Problem i took the Ram of my brother (same just it is the 8gb kit) and ran the test again no problems after 9 hours.

I put my RAM back and ran Memtest86+, no issues.

Do someone have a solution for this problem or should i send it back?

(sorry for writing im from germany and 16 :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem - MB Asus P8Z77-V with bios updated to version 1205. Before updating Bios Memtest caught an error. After updating BIOS to the latest version, memtest didn't show anything wrong after 9 hours (4 passes) but Prime95 still fails in custom blend test with 90% ram used. I set an XMP profile in BIOS but it fails even with 1333MHz. This memory is on the QVL list so it is supposed to work with this MB...

I don't know if it's enough to RMA those sticks.

• Corsair Employee
I have exactly the same problem - MB Asus P8Z77-V with bios updated to version 1205. Before updating Bios Memtest caught an error. After updating BIOS to the latest version, memtest didn't show anything wrong after 9 hours (4 passes) but Prime95 still fails in custom blend test with 90% ram used. I set an XMP profile in BIOS but it fails even with 1333MHz. This memory is on the QVL list so it is supposed to work with this MB...

First you are welcome to submit an RMA and we will be happy to replace them that is never a problem with our memory.

However the issue you posted could be any n umber of thinks that can cause it to fail in this manor. I would suggest we try and replace them under RMA and se if that solves the issue for you. But if you continue to have problems it way be some other issue. The fact they pass http://www.memtest.org would suggest the memory is intact. And the latest BIOS for your MB does address Memory compatibility so it may be worth trying.

P8Z77-V DELUXE BIOS 1206

1.Improve Improve system stability.

2.Improve memory compatibility.

3.Enhance compatibility with some USB devices.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the latest BIOS version. This is the regular P8Z77-V, not the Deluxe version.

I tried 2 different sets of 1333MHz RAM and this issue hasn't occured. I was able to pass 12 hours of custom blend test (with 13000 MB assigned) flawlessly. With my Corsair set it was possible only when I set it to 1066 MHz.

Archived