Corsair Community

M60 Stock Profile

theflarenet

I've purchased the Corsair Vengeance M60 and it worked great outside the box without any drivers installed. Until I installed the first v1.0 drivers, the mouse didn't work correctly on other operating systems as it did before. Meaning, the m60 was working flawlessly on Linux/Mac OS Lion until I installed the drivers.

I believe this is due to the drivers saving a profile that assigns Windows-only commands rather than universal commands like it originally had by default in stock. So I've decided to install the new beta v2.12 drivers and the mouse completely stopped working on all operating systems (on multiple computers). I'm absolutely unsatisfied with how these drivers have bricked it and now I'm left with a nonfunctional mouse.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the old/new drivers doesn't fix this and all I wish to do is to return to the stock commands that originally came with this mouse before I ever decided to install anything.

Corsair, please include a reset feature in the next update to default "Profile 1" to the original pre-installed stock profile prior to the v1.0 drivers. :(:

I seriously regret installing the drivers.

Update: I've finally brought the laser back to life (through the lift detection method) and now the m60 functions again in Windows; however, enabling Hardware Playback turns all the buttons to left clicks only. No matter what I do to assign each button, each button still remains as a left click under Hardware Playback.

But... what really matters the most to me is this.

I plugged it back into my other computers that are running Linux and Mac OS Lion and found that the laser also started to work again; although every button, including the right click, was assigned to a left click as well. This resembles the same issue I'm having with Hardware Playback enabled under Windows.

In summary... the m60 laser works again and natively moves around but every button on the mouse is registered as a left click. Everything was working perfectly fine under non-Windows operating systems before I installed any of the drivers.

Does the software reflect that every button is a left click or does appear normal?

The software displays each button with the assigned command it is intentionally supposed to have. (Left for left, middle for middle, right for right, and etc.)

• With Hardware Playback enabled, the m60 ignores the normal assigned commands and outputs left clicks for all buttons instead.
  • With Hardware Playback disabled, the m60 outputs the correct displayed commands.
  • When in use on Linux/Mac OS Lion, it outputs left clicks just like it does under Windows with Hardware Playback enabled.

It sounds like the only course of action is replacing the mouse. Something must of been corrupted with the hardware payback and firmware.

I'm purchasing another one now... and I absolutely fear installing any drivers on the new unit. I'm not the only one with this issue because Hardware Playback does issue the same problem for M60 users.

Any certain steps you'd like me to do before I plug in the new M60? Perhaps, uninstall 2.12 beta drivers, plug in new M60, then install 2.12 beta drivers first (instead of going from v1.0 -> 2.12 beta)?

I seriously have a bad gut feeling that the problem will occur again and will result to an unusable 'left click-only' mouse on Mac OS Lion/Linux like it is under Windows with Hardware Playback enabled.

What if it does happen again... will I be reimbursed somehow?

Any certain steps you'd like me to do before I plug in the new M60? Perhaps, uninstall 2.12 beta drivers, plug in new M60, then install 2.12 beta drivers first (instead of going from v1.0 -> 2.12 beta)?

I seriously have a bad gut feeling that the problem will occur again and will result to an unusable 'left click-only' mouse on Mac OS Lion/Linux like it is under Windows with Hardware Playback enabled.

What if it does happen again... will I be reimbursed somehow?

How did it go? Does your replacement work fine?

The reason im asking is because the same / similar issues appear when I enable hardware playback on my M90; and I've already RMAed the M90 once and yet my replacement exhibits the same problem.

Plug in the mouse -

Install the beta 2.12 drivers -

Alright here's the update!

• Uninstalled all M60 drivers.
  • Plugged in my new M60 (Wow feels more stable compared to the old one! I guess my old one was some refurbished one that was defective/used before)
  • Installed the beta 2.12 drivers
  • Saved "Profile 1" settings in-case it could save the default commands that arrived with the mouse prior to the drivers' "default" reset (when making a new profile).
  • Changed DPI and customized a few of my buttons.

Result:

Everything works great on Windows! I've also plugged it into my other computers running Linux and Mac OS X and the mouse is still functional! Every button works the way it's intended to rather than outputting left clicks only.

Now the last thing I haven't tried... Hardware Playback. I fear to enable this feature because something tells me that this could have caused the problem in the old M60. I really don't want to risk it because things are working great, however I'd like to set these commands to the hardware so it's natively set to the mouse without the drivers regardless of what operating system is running.

Any thoughts? :confused:

Alright here's the update!

• Uninstalled all M60 drivers.
  • Plugged in my new M60 (Wow feels more stable compared to the old one! I guess my old one was some refurbished one that was defective/used before)
  • Installed the beta 2.12 drivers
  • Saved "Profile 1" settings in-case it could save the default commands that arrived with the mouse prior to the drivers' "default" reset (when making a new profile).
  • Changed DPI and customized a few of my buttons.

Result:

Everything works great on Windows! I've also plugged it into my other computers running Linux and Mac OS X and the mouse is still functional! Every button works the way it's intended to rather than outputting left clicks only.

Now the last thing I haven't tried... Hardware Playback. I fear to enable this feature because something tells me that this could have caused the problem in the old M60. I really don't want to risk it because things are working great, however I'd like to set these commands to the hardware so it's natively set to the mouse without the drivers regardless of what operating system is running.

Any thoughts? :confused:

The M60 / M90 should work fine with the Beta software out of the box. The primary bugginess of the Beta comes with the hardware playback option.

I've experienced similar issues with yours on my M90 and hardware playback, and I've already replaced my original mouse with a new mouse and the problem still persists.

It's either a severe problem with the software side not being able to communicate with the hardware side properly, or its a severe hardware issue where the onboard memory is not saving profiles / relaying commands correctly.

You can try; but again at your own risk.

The M60 / M90 should work fine with the Beta software out of the box. The primary bugginess of the Beta comes with the hardware playback option.

I've experienced similar issues with yours on my M90 and hardware playback, and I've already replaced my original mouse with a new mouse and the problem still persists.

It's either a severe problem with the software side not being able to communicate with the hardware side properly, or its a severe hardware issue where the onboard memory is not saving profiles / relaying commands correctly.

You can try; but again at your own risk.

I'm glad I'm not the only one facing with this problem. Thank you so much for informing me about your experience with the Hardware Playback feature on your replacement.

I do also think that this new feature does screw up the on-board memory by incorrectly programming/assigning each button in the hardware profile and result to only outputting left clicks. Even scrolling up and down left clicks... something must be wrong here and I hope it's reversible through a new update.

I've decided to not risk my second M60 with the Hardware Playback and hope for the best until Corsair releases a stable driver with a fix.

Please do, Corsair. Please do. :[pouts:

• Corsair Employee

I'm glad it is functioning properly on the new mouse.

We are looking into the issue of the left clicks. I'm not able to replicate the issue. I have sent your information to the software team.

Could you click the "i" button on your software and post that info. Thank you.

It is functioning properly by default on all computers/operating systems. However, we must not forget the fact that these are the STOCK hardware profiles used and not the ones we modify through the 2.12 beta drivers on Windows.

So if I go into the drivers and change the sniper DPI to... let's say 100... and "Save to M60" without Hardware Playback enabled, then plug the M60 into my MacBook Pro, the default stock profiles are read. In this case, the DPI under Mac OS X would be 800 instead of 100. I can't risk enabling Hardware Playback since we know it will ruin everything.

Edit:

Forgot to post my info.

Software: 1.00.00.02

USB Mouse:

VID: 0x1B1C

PID: 0x1B30

Manufacturer: Corsair

Product: Corsair M60 Mouse

Firmware: 1.07

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thank you for the info. Mac compatibility is something as of now we do not "officially" support and how the mouse work within that platform.

I understand but I was only pointing out that settings do not correctly save to the M60 in order to work on operating systems other than Windows--regardless of the fact that they aren't officially supported.

I'm looking forward for a bug-free Hardware Playback feature without the risk of ruining this great mouse.

• 1 year later...

We're about 14 months later.

I've bought your M60 mouse.

Great design, great performance.

I connected M60 to MSWindows computer and updated FW once. It f****d my forward/back buttons, but everything else worked great. For almost month I had amazing performance on CS:GO and other games.

After a month I've installed windows to try some windows games, installed current M60 drivers and guess what..

Now I can't even click with that (well designed) piece of junk.

As a background why I'm so upset? I'm a software developer... and SERIOUSLY a year passed and you still haven't found that people play games on MAC???

Just tell me if there is any way to get back to stock settings at least, or I'll back to my Logitech G9 and say I'm sorry to all the people that I've recommended your products.

Best regards

Filip Kasprzyk

Archived