Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance K90 Problems

Kryonas

I did a lot of research on a number of possible keyboards from Razer, Steelseries and corsair when I was first upgrading to a new mechanical keyboard. After about a week of choosing and reading some outstanding reviews I decided on the Corsair Vengeance K90 even though its price was rather high. I finally received it yesterday and the keys were FANTASTIC even though only some of them were cherry MX reds (something that is noticeably omitted from corsair's own page for the product). Then after only 1 hour of use the "S" key's lighting had completely gone out and the ";" key was fading in and out. I put in a support request (which I still have not received a response to) and in the meantime I decided to update the firmware to the keyboard and download the software for it. The firmware update caused my media and macro keys to become entirely unresponsive and my backlighting shut off entirely. I've tried cold booting, reinstalling, unplugging them, and basically everything else under the sun to no avail. How are these problems acceptable for a keyboard that costs 3 to 4 times the price of a normal keyboard?! I will most likely have to RMA this product and I already threw away my old keyboard so that means I will most likely not have a usable computer for a few weeks while I send in my completely defective product, wait for them to process the request and then have to wait for them to send one back. I have been a dedicated corsair fan in the past but this has caused me to lose faith. These problems occurring on such a premium product is absolutely ridiculous.

even though only some of them were cherry MX reds (something that is noticeably omitted from corsair's own page for the product).
It's under Tech Specs:

•Light, responsive Cherry MX Red mechanical switches for fast, efficient gaming action

•45g actuation force

•2mm to actuation and 4mm to bottom

•Rated for 50 million operations

•Gold contacts

Tuned silicon dome keyswitches: F1 through F12, Esc, PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Pause/Break, Insert, Home, Page Up Page Down, Delete, and End

I put in a support request (which I still have not received a response to)
When did you put in the request, and what's your case number? FYI they do have advanced RMAs.

Also, have you tried the firmware update a 2nd time?

Ah, so it is under tech specs. I put in the request a few hours ago (I didn't mean to imply that it had taken them an abnormal length to respond but simply that I didn't have a formal reason for my problems yet). Unfortunately I didn't write down the case number as I expected to receive a confirmation email in response to the support request, but since this wasn't the case I don't have the number. An advanced RMA would be very helpful in this situation, I didn't know they offered those. Lastly, I tried the firmware update 4 times.

I went ahead an sent you a message through your case.

Thanks ram I was granted an RMA but I need an advance RMA since I require the keyboard for my job. I put in an email to rma@corsair.com requesting one 2 days ago but still have not heard back...do you know what I should do to handle this?

Archived