Corsair Community

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution and TR3X6G1600C8D

moogman79

Hi Guys this would be my new system ...

After some trouble with my old Quad Extreme 9650 and Asus Strike 2 Extreme with Corsair Domiator 1800

I will now try a Intel based mainboard and a ne CPU and of course a new case!! . I am looking forwar to have more trouble more error and more bluescreens :laughing:

But does this combination really work stable or does it run stable as long as i not try to start an application?

please excuse the qestion what is "IIRC"

Did you have some instructions to setup the ram?

Voltage timeings etc ?

I think i will get this board in aprox. 1 Week ( i have ordered it today)....

Excuse the folowing question ...

But did you also check the workstation sereis of this board or only the

cheap consumer rig?

please excuse the qestion what is "IIRC"

If I Recall/Remember Correctly

Did you have some instructions to setup the ram?

Voltage timeings etc ?

I think i will get this board in aprox. 1 Week ( i have ordered it today)....

The timings are given on the modules. (8-8-8-24 1T @ 1.65v)

Excuse the folowing question ...

But did you also check the workstation sereis of this board or only the

cheap consumer rig?

I disagree with your choice of words. The "consumer rig" P6T Deluxe is not cheap either. Cheaper than the WS, yes, but cheap? No! Cheap is a value edition board of which P6T Deluxe is not. I am not going to argue with you either, just stating my opinion of your choice of words.

WS = $359.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131358&Tpk=Asus%20P6T6%20WS%20Revolution

P6T Deluxe = 338.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131351

okay, you´ve right sorry.....not cheap but "for workstation" i hope they will make the ws sereis more relieable

Different uses. Asus decided that the difference between them was not great enough so they have now created a new P6T Deluxe Version 2 which will not have the SAS ports of the V1 and WS. The WS has PCI-X (64bit) architecture which is a more advanced PCI architecture, and when there are more devices that use this architecture I will find out if it is. :): The WS has a nice diagnostics card that can trouble shoot issues.

But other than that, there's not really much difference at all.

Okay, ...

I don´t like boards with to much features ....

I don´t like on board sata / sas / audio / ide / firewire...

I only need lan on board and some usb ports (4 would be nice)

I use a Adaptec 5805, and a MaxioXD PCIe Soundcard.

I think i will only use 3 Slots on this board....

There are not a lot of differences with X58 (i7) boards. The i7 is aimed at a specialized market and as such the boards are expensive and pretty full of characteristics.

If you are looking for high end overclocking and tri sli, then the extreme x58 boards are the way to go. Otherwise if you are looking to run light overclocks ie. 160 or less on the BCLK, and SLi/Dual X-Fire, then you might want to go with a less involved board.

• Corsair Employee

Do you have the most recent BIOS installed? 1.66v or 1.64v is fine on this board.

Also, the XMP profiles sets QPI voltage. If you want to manually set the QPI voltage, you will need to experiment with settings and test for stability yourself to find the stable setting as this varies from CPU to CPU depending upon your OC.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for your answer...

I have the latest BIOS...

And my ram is running very stable at 1800Mhz at 1,64 Volt

No chrashes with the new board and ram / cpu combination....i am so happy now...

Excellent:!: We are happy we could assist you.

• 1 month later...

Archived