The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 09:13 PM
Calesti's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935656
Calesti Reputation: 10
Default CUE crash (OSD/menu related?)

So this is a new one for me and has only started over the last couple of days (that I know of).

Every time I try to edit OSD settings or bring up a CUE context menu (right click taskbar), it freezes my PC for several seconds before appearing to totally reset my display, and then CUE crashes. I've checked already that it's not a driver issue with Geforce, or a DirectX issue, and it only happens if CUE is running.

I've also noticed that since this has started, CUE no longer launches on startup correctly and requires manual launching.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:41 PM
Maztica's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935674
Maztica Reputation: 10

I'm having the same issue. I've uninstalled / reinstalled ect. Until today I have had absolutely no problems with CUE.

Started my computer today, went to open up CUE, monitors blink, reset my sound settings, video settings and CUE crashes with an error every time. Can we get some support with this? Is there an update available outside of the one posted on the site, older version maybe? Any help would be great!

Old 01-15-2018, 11:43 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935681
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maztica View Post
I'm having the same issue. I've uninstalled / reinstalled ect. Until today I have had absolutely no problems with CUE.

Started my computer today, went to open up CUE, monitors blink, reset my sound settings, video settings and CUE crashes with an error every time. Can we get some support with this? Is there an update available outside of the one posted on the site, older version maybe? Any help would be great!
You can try clean uninstalling and then reinstalling various versions and plugging the hardware in gradually. If the monitors are blinking, it might point me to graphics hardware or software.

Try not letting Geforce experience run if applicable? Or maybe updating or reinstalling clean your graphics drivers?

Old 01-17-2018, 06:59 AM

POST ID # = 935883
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Do you have multiple monitors connected?

Old 01-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Maztica's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936163
Maztica Reputation: 10

@hastegag I did a few uninstalls and reinstall of different versions and got the same style error. Than I tried gfx drivers, updated to the newest intern. version from nvidia and it seemed to have fixed the issue. If anything else goes down I'll post another reply. Thanks for slapping my brain for a second there! lol

@Toasted Yes multiple monitors are connected, it ended up being on the graphical side apparently.

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!

Old 01-21-2018, 07:58 AM

POST ID # = 936485
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Unfortunately, The OSD on multi monitor setups is a known issue and is a low priority to resolve as of now.

Tags
crash, cue 2, osd