Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator fan whining.

MongolianMisfit

I purchased a Dominator fan for my Corsair DDR2 memory on April 2nd from Amazon.com and of the three fans on the Dominator, a single fan has started making a very loud vibrating whine. Its been a little over 3 months and upon checking with Amazon, they said I have a lifetime limited warranty through the manufacturer. So am I indeed eligible for a refund? I'm worried the noise is causing a minor vibration that over time will hurt my RAM and its gotten so loud that the noise is unbearable. I tried putting my finger lightly on the "bad" fan but that doesn't stop the noise. After about 2 minutes of the computer being on when the fans kick into idle, does the sound die down. Help is much appreciated! :biggrin:

So am I indeed eligible for a refund? I'm worried the noise is causing a minor vibration that over time will hurt my RAM and its gotten so loud that the noise is unbearable.

I'm sorry , but the only way to get a refund would be to get it from the reseller you purchased the fan from. If you purchased it directly from the Corsair webstore then that would be an option possibly. Corsair will however replace it for you and send you a new fan.

And no, the fan being bad can't hurt the memory. Any vibration that might show up would be negligible and not enough to cause damage anyway.

Archived