Corsair Community

M65 RGB Laser - Light Flickering Issue

Syeef

Hello.

I recently purchased a Corsair K70 Keyboard and a M65 RGB Laser Mouse. The Keyboard is running fine but I'm having issue with the Mouse.

The Mouse is flickering a faint blue light in the background all the time, for example if I set the Mouse RGB to Solid Red, the faint blue light continues to flicker in the background and turn the color from Red to Pink while flickering.

Even if I "Disable device lighting" from Corsair Utility Engine, it still continues to flicker with the same faint blue light.

Please see this video for more information:

[ame]

[/ame]

I have tried:

- Resetting Profiles

- Uninstalling/Reinstalling Corsair Utility Engine

- Force update Mouse Firmware from server

- Changing USB port

But nothing works.

So is this a Software issue or a Hardware issue? and what should I do?

Thanks.

Here is another video showing the flickering between Red and Pink:

[ame]

[/ame]

The RGB is set to Solid Red. But it turns Pink often because of the unwanted faint blue light in the background as mentioned earlier. It's quite distracting and annoying.

Also the mouse wheel is making noise while scrolling up, kind of a clicking sound. It is not smooth, can feel tiny bumps which is causing the sound. It wasn't there when I first got the mouse, started after a week or so.

Contact technical support and see whether a 'hard reset' (If available) can resolve the issue.

Okay, I'll do that.

The scroll wheel noise sounds normal to me. There will be a bumps when you move it up/down.

I am not talking about the normal bumps this mouse comes with, I like that actually.

This issue started after a week or so, feels like it gets stuck at certain part of the wheel and when it does, it produces the 'clicking' sound which the mouse normally doesn't produce.

I am not talking about the normal bumps this mouse comes with, I like that actually.

This issue started after a week or so, feels like it gets stuck at certain part of the wheel and when it does, it produces the 'clicking' sound which the mouse normally doesn't produce.

Turn the mice upside down and quickly press the scroll wheel a few times.

Turn the mice upside down and quickly press the scroll wheel a few times.

Tried that... don't think it worked.

In contact with Technical Support at the moment, let's see if they can offer a solution to the RGB issue.

My RMA has been approved, not only that Corsair Support has given me a Prepaid Label to ship back the defective unit, and I didn't even ask for it... this is very helpful since I live in Bangladesh.

This is why I love Corsair so much :D You guys are the best!

Archived