Corsair Community

BundD

Hi

I recently purchased a H100i and some issues with installation (loose backplate). Issue was resolved by using some washers as advised on the forum and other websites.

Also having issue with the fans. They make a grinding/buzzing noise. I had the 3-pin fans and Corsair sent me the 4-pin ones. Issue still exists with new fans. When I disconnect the fans from unit the noise goes away. I have updated firmware to 1.05 and still experiencing same issue.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a fix in the works because I don't want to replace the fans

Has anyone else experienced this issue and have a resolution?

If I replace the fans with GELID Wing 12 120mm fans can I still use Corsair Link to control the RPM? They use 3-pin connectors

Thank You

• Corsair Employee

When you change the profile of the fan in C Link, does the buzzing noise changes as well? Also, if you don't mind trying connecting a different brand fans and see if the noise goes away.

If I replace the fans with GELID Wing 12 120mm fans can I still use Corsair Link to control the RPM? They use 3-pin connectors

Sorry, but it will most likely run on max speed all the time. We never tested any third party fans with C Link SW/Cooler.

When you change the profile of the fan in C Link, does the buzzing noise changes as well? Also, if you don't mind trying connecting a different brand fans and see if the noise goes away.

Sorry, but it will most likely run on max speed all the time. We never tested any third party fans with C Link SW/Cooler.

If I change the RPM of fans in C Link the grinding/buzzing noise also changes. As you increase the RPM the grinding/buzzing noise gets louder until the fans drown out grinding/buzzing noise.

When RPM is below 1800 the grinding/buzzing noise is more audible. When you increase the RPM beyond 1800 the fans drown out the grinding/buzzing noise.

I will test the H100i pump unit with 3rd party fans when I get hold of some. I will also try connecting SP120 fans directly to motherboard fan headers to isolate issue to pump or fans.

Thank You

Hi

I have same problem. First I thought that pump making tractor noise but no, I had to disconnect fans from pump to check them directly, because of USB issues I cannot change FAN speed from LINK software. Anyway when RPM below 1000 then they are pretty decent, not best, annoying sound still exists. When I stop them then tractor sound is gone. I have not yet disconnected fans from radiator to see does sound exist but If fans are OK then there is some weird vibration problem with radiator and fans.

Now I wonder, does this will change If I put fans upwards...

Edit: Fan disconnected from pump seems to work fine, problem is that fans and radiator vibration making strange noise or something... humm... Wonder is it only with stock fans...

Rando

Hi

I have same problem. First I thought that pump making tractor noise but no, I had to disconnect fans from pump to check them directly, because of USB issues I cannot change FAN speed from LINK software. Anyway when RPM below 1000 then they are pretty decent, not best, annoying sound still exists. When I stop them then tractor sound is gone. I have not yet disconnected fans from radiator to see does sound exist but If fans are OK then there is some weird vibration problem with radiator and fans.

Edit: Fan disconnected from pump seems to work fine, problem is that fans and radiator vibration making strange noise or something... humm... Wonder is it only with stock fans...

Rando

Thank you for your input

because of USB issues I cannot change FAN speed from LINK software

I also had issue with the C Link software when I first installed unit.

I plugged unit into USB header on motherboard>booted computer>was prompted by OS that driver was NOT successfully installed for unit>I installed the C Link software>It also installed the driver>launched C Link and it was unable to recognize unit

I did some research and discovered that other people were having same issue. I noticed in one post that unplugging the G15 KB from computer fixed issue. I unplugged my G15>rebooted computer>now software was able to recognize pump in C Link and I was able to change options. When I plugged G15 back in the C Link software would not recognize the pump/fans anymore. Issue persisted

I uninstalled the software> re-installed: same issues

-I connected the pump into a different USB header on motherboard>OS displayed that the driver installed correctly: unit was fully functional now (also had G15 still plugged in)

The H100i is mounted at the top of my case. Initially had fans as intake then switched them to exhaust: same issue with either orientation

problem is that fans and radiator vibration making strange noise or something

I also believe issue is with fans+pump together. I will test with fans connected directly to motherboard fan headers and with different fans on pump.

i also had issue with the c link software when i first installed unit.

I plugged unit into usb header on motherboard>booted computer>was prompted by os that driver was not successfully installed for unit>i installed the c link software>it also installed the driver>launched c link and it was unable to recognize unit

i did some research and discovered that other people were having same issue. I noticed in one post that unplugging the g15 kb from computer fixed issue. I unplugged my g15>rebooted computer>now software was able to recognize pump in c link and i was able to change options. When i plugged g15 back in the c link software would not recognize the pump/fans anymore. Issue persisted

i uninstalled the software> re-installed: Same issues

-i connected the pump into a different usb header on motherboard>os displayed that the driver installed correctly: Unit was fully functional now (also had g15 still plugged in)

I tried different workarounds, also tried different inside USB inputs, disconnected all devices, no luck. Seems likely that my USB Link cable is broken and I already asked for RMA.

The H100i is mounted at the top of my case. Initially had fans as intake then switched them to exhaust: same issue with either orientation

I also believe issue is with fans+pump together. I will test with fans connected directly to motherboard fan headers and with different fans on

I still think in my case, there is nothing to do with pump. I did following:

• Removed fan controls from pump and added them to motherboard, so I could control them.
  • Set fan on low rpm and used my one hand to stop first fan and my other hand to stop second fan. Annoying sound was gone. Pump was pretty quiet even tho it runs on ~2360 RPM, only heard slight water flow. Also, Below 1000 RPM fan noise wasn't that bad, I still can hear it but it's not annoying. Above 1000 to 2000 RPM, sound is worst and really annoying.

Tightening fan screws helped bit but not removed noise completely. So I think there is some kind of vibration with fans and radiator, because fans disconnected from radiator works fine.

I might will try SP120 Quiet or Performance Edition fans, because they have vibration protectors which H100i fans lack of.

Isn't the back plate supposed to have a loose fit?

Isn't the back plate supposed to have a loose fit?

I don't believe so. I read on forums and other websites that its not supposed to be loose. I had to use washers to make it fit properly. Otherwise the cold plate does not make good contact with CPU.

• Corsair Employee
Yes, aside from the tech spec, like rpm and cfm (stock is better) - SP120 are DC controlled and the stock is PWM. The PWM fans are simply more optimized for the cooler in terms of performance and C link usability compared to the SP120 3pin.

Yes, aside from the tech spec, like rpm and cfm (stock is better) - SP120 are DC controlled and the stock is PWM. The PWM fans are simply more optimized for the cooler in terms of performance and C link usability compared to the SP120 3pin.

Great to know.

I was thinking of purchasing retail SP120's but will pass. I will try looking for other PWM fans as a replacement.

Thank You

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I recently purchased a H100i and some issues with installation (loose backplate). Issue was resolved by using some washers as advised on the forum and other websites.

Also having issue with the fans. They make a grinding/buzzing noise. I had the 3-pin fans and Corsair sent me the 4-pin ones. Issue still exists with new fans. When I disconnect the fans from unit the noise goes away. I have updated firmware to 1.05 and still experiencing same issue.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a fix in the works because I don't want to replace the fans

Has anyone else experienced this issue and have a resolution?

Thank You

Do your fans sound like my fans as described in my thread?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=117147

Do your fans sound like my fans as described in my thread?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=117147

Your thread describes the same issue I have. You did some great research and the videos helped.

I was planing on changing my fans but still have them installed hoping some update would come out to fix this issue. Probably going to purchase some other fans soon.

Your thread describes the same issue I have. You did some great research and the videos helped.

I was planing on changing my fans but still have them installed hoping some update would come out to fix this issue. Probably going to purchase some other fans soon.

I just updated my thread. Please check out what I just posted. I think you will find it helpful.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=655491#post655491

• Corsair Employee
Would it be possible to get the new SP120 PWM fans as a replacement for the noise issue?

Thank You

Hello BundD, Submit a RMA and we will be able to send a set of 4pin pwm fans for the cooler.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived