Corsair Community

TR3X6G1866C7GTF - 1 Stick DOA

Hello, I bought a set of the Dominator GT 1866 7 8 7 20 from Newegg and it arrived with 1 stick DOA. I've contacted Newegg and they will RMA it but I have to send all of the ram back to them first before they will ship out new ram.

This puts my new build out of commision so I really don't want to do that and was wondering if it would be possible to just RMA the 1 bad stick with Corsair so that I could keep my system up and running with the other 4gig of the ram in the meantime.

The stick is definitely dead, mobo won't post with it in by itself, will post with it in along with the other 2 sticks but only 4gig of ram then showup in both boot and Windows. This is on 2 different motherboards a Gigabyte UD5 and an EVGA Classified.

Please advise, Thank you.

RMAing only one stick is not recommended, as there's no way to guarantee it'll be compatible with the other 2 you have without them testing it. This is why packages of memory are always recommended to be RMA'd at the same time. After you get an RMA # from Corsair, contact their customer service dept. to see if there's any way you can arrange for an advanced RMA.

They are all Elpida Hyper chips though correct? And they are all binned to run at the stated 7-8-7-20? Is there something else that would cause incompatibility?

I used the Tech Support Express just now to initiate RMA I see there was the option to only ship back one stick which is what I chose. If there is going to be a problem with that way for some reason I will contact them and see what they say about advance RMA.

Thank you

• Corsair Employee
I changed the module quantity to Three and approved the RMA for you and you should get an email confirming that in a few min then the actual RMA conformation about 20 Min from now.

As I stated you'd have to contact Customer Service. Tech support only approves RMAs. They have nothing to do with the actual process. Also, it's not a normal procedure. In otherwords, getting an advanced RMA is not guaranteed, and is in fact kind of rare.

OK Thanks, I wont bother then..don't feel like getting even more frustrated over all this. I think I will just have to buy some different ram before I go ahead and ship this stuff off because I can't be without my rig for that long.

Pretty disappointed over recieving ram that was DOA, not sure how that happens when the ram is supposedly tested by you guys before packing.

Sorry don't mean to be rude, i'm just very frustrated is all :(

Thanks

Archived