Corsair Community

I'd like to see Corsair's take on a 12-button mouse.

Timtronic125

Something I've noticed is that there's a gap between the 10-button Corsair Nightsword, and the 17-button Corsair Scimitar.

So I got to thinking: Would a 12-or-so-button mouse by Corsair even be viable? I'd like to think so. It'd be the perfect middle ground between a MOBA/MMO mouse, and a FPS mouse.

Questions are, though, where would you put those two extra buttons? What would it look like? What would the other features be?

Personally, I'd like those extra buttons to be hovering off the right click end. Sort of like an Ironclaw Wireless or Dark Core, just with two extra buttons on the right hand side. As for the other two questions, I'd just like to see how corsair would interpret the design. They're the pros here.

What do you think?

I would be interested in something like this as well. Too many years of M65s has left me requiring at least one extra side button. I can't use the Scimitar style 9 small side button types. Something with say 4 larger side buttons would be an interesting proposition.

before adding buttons, i'd first make the mouse ergonomic.. and not a bulky good looking thing that you can't use more than 15 min without getting RSI.

Then use higher quality materials. Rubber that shreds after 2 months is not acceptable on a gaming mouse that is supposed to be intensely used.

Then use proper switches that actually register clicks reliably

THEN... more buttons can be a good addition :) The one i acually missed the most was the wheel clutch. not a switch per se, but so useful.

wheel tilt also adds two actions without requiring any real estate on the mouse.

MMO sized butttons tho, i can't use. i have a thumb there, not a newborn's pinkie. so Nightsword is as much as i'd ever use. (it would have gotten more than a few months of use if its rubber didn't fall apart so quick).