Corsair Community

The MX RGB Project

Technobeard

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There isn't a release date yet.

So you can't tell us the release date...

Last news seams to have been around CES in January.

Could you tell us when you can tell us the release date, or when there will be any sort of update?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just finished my brand new build!! Everything but the keyboard!!!....And of course like everyone else I am waiting for the new mx rgb keyboard to come out....Does anyone have ANY info on when they might be on sale.??...I keep hearing mid 2014... well we're almost there, and no news as of yet>>>you would think corsair would at least have a target date set by now for they're loyal customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

• Administrators
just finished my brand new build!! Everything but the keyboard!!!....And of course like everyone else I am waiting for the new mx rgb keyboard to come out....Does anyone have ANY info on when they might be on sale.??...I keep hearing mid 2014... well we're almost there, and no news as of yet>>>you would think corsair would at least have a target date set by now for they're loyal customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
[ame]
[/ame]

1:46-2:07

Basically, Jason stated that it's moving along in development.

I hope it gets released soon. I rma'd my K70 with mx blues. led's died and I could not get a replacement. my hardware store said the mx blue ones come in about two weeks back with RED leds and a black colour. why corsair? I hate red-black stuff. the gunmetall blue looked like perfection. I type on a 7€ keyboard till the K70 rgb's get released .__.

I'd like to chime in on the hopes for a tenkeyless design. Over the past few weeks I've tried the K95, the K70 and the K65. I kept the K65 for the small form factor and for the ergonomics. The only (small) drawback is that it doesn't have LED lights and a USB through port.

I hope that my optimal keyboard will be in the new range... I'm hoping for a K65 styled with rgb LED, USB and a palmrest. *fingers crossed*

I dont know I want one of these but every time I order a keyboard online with out touching it first i get burned.

last one I bought strange key layout.. to small for my hands a logitech g510 I like the screen but the thing feels wrong. you can look at them but for some reason all keyboards have their own key spacing there is no way to tell how much of a reach every key is.

OH and I still cant find any like the apple 2 keyboard layout. that is the same layout as a alienware keyboard that I have that i like. it has a large enter key. and also I used to use apple 2 keyboards a lot it was my first keyboard that we typed on.

2384299059_b77452b353.jpg

I still have not found an expensive lighted keyboard that works as well as those old cheepo keyboards that used to come with the pcs in the 80/90s I always go back to my strange alienware keyboard that has a strange layout with a big enterkey and it has a short reach to all row number keys for mmos for some reason.

same thing with mouse and monitors. the very 1st model intelmouse explorer back around 1998 i used to have before it died the huge one that you can really grab is still the one I like best but it dont work anymore the other ones liek it are smaller. smaller side buttons

that is why I wished there was a keyboard/mouse stores and they just had these things sitting out and you can go in and bang on them for a while then buy one there.;

In his video, Linus says at (4 mins in) that the whole keyboard is programmable - is that correct? I'm talking in terms of re-mapping keys and macros, not the lighting.

I just wanted to make sure as if that's the case, it would likely be worth waiting for.

Mechanical keyboards don't seem to have a lot of options and variety when it comes to including macro keys and/or the ability to remap existing keys. Of course there are keyboards with macro keys, but there are other things to consider (i.e K95 is too big for the space, some competitor keyboards have a single strip of macros but are ugly as sin, have no backlight or are known to have bad build quality) Having the whole keyboard being re-mappable would be perfect e.g. I don't really care about having a numpad, so I could just remap that as a whole bank of macros.

the one I saw was on linus tech tips and these thing do tons of crazy light patterns.

the rainbow effect sold me that these thing have best keyboard lighting ever.

I want to know how it feels though..

Archived