Corsair Community

The MX RGB Project

Technobeard

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the one I saw was on linus tech tips and these thing do tons of crazy light patterns.

the rainbow effect sold me that these thing have best keyboard lighting ever.

I want to know how it feels though..

It should be the exact same as a K70. If you can find one at a local Best Buy or something that should give you the general idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing the new RGB K95, I use all the G keys all the time! It looks like the perfect keyboard, especially if Corsair can get games/Application publishers on board!

No idea what key type I'd find the best as I've never used a mechanical (since the old IBM Model M in the 80's)...

Really hoping Amazon Vine (UK) offer one up for review!*

*Not very subtle hint! :laughing:

Regarding the launch date - Does the "late August" date correspond only to the US, or is the UK included in there too?

I'll add to that and ask whether or not the release in the UK will include all switch types (blues please! :D )

dont quote me but, i think the k95 rgb will only come in red

and k70 rgb will come in red only initially, then blue/browns at a later time

according to this it is coming in red, blue,brown

[ame=

]
[/ame]

at 4:28

dont quote me but, i think the k95 rgb will only come in red

and k70 rgb will come in red only initially, then blue/browns at a later time

Can we get an official quote on this? I was really looking to buy the K95 RGB with Blues and don't mind waiting. Would be really bummed if it only came with Reds.

i just want to request a K65 variant. Also is there going to be the brushed aluminum and black anodized aluminum variants?

also, i would personally prefer all the vengeance series keyboards have the same top row buttons (media buttons etc.) I understand this probably increases the expense of the product and dont mind.

i also like keyboards with a USB pass through(or hub).

thanks for the great work.

Can we get an official quote on this? I was really looking to buy the K95 RGB with Blues and don't mind waiting. Would be really bummed if it only came with Reds.

No its not true.

Google Computex Corsair RGB or go back a few post and listen to the link I posted.

To sum up what you will hear:

Late July for Red MX K70 RGB for 169.99 and to follow in late August K95 189.99 The K70 with blues and browns will follow also in August for 169.99

Late July for Red MX K70 RGB for 169.99 and to follow in late August K95 and K70 with Reds, blues and browns 189.99

What two same models, K70, only different switch colors, 20$ difference? Then I will not buy it, I can wait for the other companies using cherry rgb switches.

Unfortunately, we cannot share any details at this time about either the KB or software. Those orders come from THE TOP. We'll release everything we can ASAP.

Great, you can tell back to THE TOP, if the color programming is NOT possible without using your software, I will not buy it. The more we can do our own programming without your, probably crappy, limitations, the more I will buy it. For example, will it be possible, to define the color behaviour of ALL keys, when pushing or holding some buttons? Holding one button defines not only its own colors but the other keys, too. All the waves, ripples or what not I do not need. Give maximum programmability, with or without blinking, where the user can program it to their wishes. This will allow great musical controller creations. Think of Ableton Push or better Pfush. Or some financial market feedback system, or any state feedback.

Tell THE TOP, color programming needs following settings per key:

1. start color as rgb values

2. blinking rate in hz

3. brightness

4. (optional) end color as rgb values

5. (optional) time to reach end color from start color in seconds, meaning we have a color fading, example: start with white and end with black in 10 seconds. This can be useful for longer fade in or fade out processes.

6. setting the colors via midi or OSC!!!

In short there should be state based colors, for all keys, and changing states happening with pushing, holding, toggling single keys or key combinations.

In his video, Linus says at (4 mins in) that the whole keyboard is programmable - is that correct? I'm talking in terms of re-mapping keys and macros, not the lighting.

I just wanted to make sure as if that's the case, it would likely be worth waiting for.

Mechanical keyboards don't seem to have a lot of options and variety when it comes to including macro keys and/or the ability to remap existing keys. Of course there are keyboards with macro keys, but there are other things to consider (i.e K95 is too big for the space, some competitor keyboards have a single strip of macros but are ugly as sin, have no backlight or are known to have bad build quality) Having the whole keyboard being re-mappable would be perfect e.g. I don't really care about having a numpad, so I could just remap that as a whole bank of macros.

You can reprogram anything as you wish, simply use AutoHotkey.

Whab about transparent keycaps, for more lightning show? Too much light, then? You could offer a special set, something like: K70 RGB + additional transparent keycaps = special price, cheaper than bought separately, or something.

You can reprogram anything as you wish, simply use AutoHotkey.

I'm well aware of that possibility, but if I'm going to drop £100+ on a keyboard then I'd quite like it to have these features built-in with straight-forward software.

Anyway, the K70 rgb has been confirmed as having totally reprogrammable keys on its product page when it was announced :D:

No. They should only make the colors programmable, via midi and OSC included. The rest is already possible elsewhere, as mentioned via AutoHotkey. Their built in system can never reach the power AutoHotkey offers.

What two same models, K70, only different switch colors, 20$ difference? Then I will not buy it, I can wait for the other companies using cherry rgb switches.

opps sorry about that the k70 is only the different switches its still 169.99

No. They should only make the colors programmable, via midi and OSC included. The rest is already possible elsewhere, as mentioned via AutoHotkey. Their built in system can never reach the power AutoHotkey offers.

I wasn't asking for the most powerful program, I was asking for something for ease of use - setting up some macros shouldn't require going to a third party program, particularly on a keyboard that appears to have been designed with wider appeal in mind. Having some built-in macro capability doesn't preclude the possibility of people then going on to use autohotkey should they need something more powerful and versatile.

I'm teaching how to program RGB Christmas lights at two Christmas light conferences this month. Nothing would be cooler than having this keyboard for this event. I could charge people $0.50 just to touch it.

I need this keyboard like I need to pee.

Archived