Corsair Community

Corsair Link Dashboard V2 Software Update (Version 2.2.0) Updated 11/21/12

COOL GUY

You can hear your SSD?? :confused: I'd like to hear that!!

I've installed a couple of old seagates into my caddies to test this. With no logging, and the LEDs flashing the seagates are silent other than spinup and head parking. They don't go into standby after the 20mins due to the accesses, but there is definitely no noise from the heads. I had to transfer a file to make sure they were even working.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was able to install an older version (1.2.5.0). I now have control over the various components and the firmware seems to be up to date. All of the modules are configured to Version 1.2.5.0. Should I try further up dates? Should I try a later version of Link Dashboard?

When I originally tried to install Version 2.2.0 the dashboard wouldn't show or identify any of the modules. I thought about it for awhile and realized that the problem was the USB driver needed to be updated before installation so that the Commander and Nodes could communicate with the System.

Once the CorsairLinkUSBFW_2.0.6 was opened everything was fine, in that both Lighting Nodes and the one Cooling Node that are installed are now recognized and the Firmware is up to date.

There are still some glitches with the dashboard, Profiles don't always switch right away or recall the right configurations, the tabs move around on the System display (revert back to default positions), should be able to move them on any Profile and have it affect all Profiles, the Nv Fan1 Config Panel has only a Quite Mode and can't be max out or have the profile modified.

I know the ASUS M/B fan headers controlled by the FAN Expert have different settings that can be selected but the custom setting with the separate thresholds on the LINK is very versatile and can be paired to a temp sensor from the cooling node.

I'm temped to award 4 STARS to the system but I would still like to see more from the GPU module in that I have to use the ASUS GPU Tweak for any real functionality. There should be a one button setting for GAME play that levels everything up a notch, CPU and cooler, GPU and fans, case fans, and case lights.

Anyways keep developing and us CORSAIR FANS will stay loyal.

It's come to my attention in recent days that HID devices using their own drivers can interfere or even block the correct install of these coolers. Things such as gamepads, keyboards/mice and USB hubs.

Try moving things around to different ports, you should be able to get everything to play nice together and the glitches you're having now with the CorsairLink software should right themselves.

My problem is similar to Irg763 but i can't install anything becaus the command unit isn't detected(it's detected in windows "Devices" as an unspecified unit) and any attempt to press "update firmware" results in a message that says "Sierra2.Bootloader has stoped working"

I'm curently using the v2.2.0 and i'v tryed pretty much everything that i had thought might work, so far it's not :/

What could/should i do?

Have you tried different USB headers?

If you have a USB keyboard reboot without it. Plug it back in when windows has settled to the desktop.

I have tried changing USB header, it didn't work but i will definitely try rebooting without the keyboard plugged in.

Edit: I tried booting with no keyboard, it did nothing, I have also noticed that my computer freezes when i install the link software. The HDD LED is on constantly and keyboard and mouse stop responding, to be sure I waited 15min but nothing happened. It seems to me like there i a serous bug in the link software.

I wonder if it's because i'm running Win 8?

Here we are almost 3 months since the general availability of Windows 8, 5 months since Technet, MSDN, etc availability and the longest availability of them all the Developer and Consumer previews.

Given that CL seems to have problems running under Windows 7 will we ever see the day when a Windows 8 version of CL software and or firmware is released? A stable one at that.

All I really want to do is control the speed of my H100 radiator fans based on CPU temp (actually I'd like to use Core temps but if I remember correctly, it's been ~ 5 months since I removed my Link when I went to W8, you can't).

Hai ragione e 'una vergogna, supporto software nullo e software con tanti problemi.

Se il software non funziona con Windows 7 e non sono capaci di renderlo funzionante come possiamo prertendere una versione per windows 8?

Corsair VERGOGNA, soldi spesi male per me'

I bought a Corsair Link Kit, installed it, and got a few problems with the software, Corsair link 2 (last version). It crashes EVERY time I try to open it. So I have to click 4 times on the icon so that it opens the progamm twice, and then it works. After that, it crashes again when I save my profile, or randomly when I edit a value.

I makes also my fan 3 pin fan crazy (but that might be hardware, so I'll make a new thread)

I'm running W7 x64, does anyone have the same problem and fixed it? Thanks!

EDIT : Can't change backgroud image either, it crashes again...

Have you tried reinstalling NET. Framework 4.5?

I was on .NET Framework 4.0 (updated with windows update), and is still crashed, with no error message.

I installed .NET Framework 4.5 from Microsoft website : still same problem "Sierra 2 stopped working"; "Sierra 2 à cessé de fonctionner" in french.

@louis

What USB hardware you got installed? I suspect keyboard/mouse/usb hub/usb hdd, in that order

I have an USB 2.0 HUB for my keyboard/mouse,Tablet (Wacom Bamboo pen&touch) and Logitech Gamepad, a WNv111 usb wifi N adapter, Lifecam studio webcam, and canon ix4000 printer.

Nothing on my front usb.

I have an USB 2.0 HUB for my keyboard/mouse,Tablet (Wacom Bamboo pen&touch) and Logitech Gamepad, a WNv111 usb wifi N adapter, Lifecam studio webcam, and canon ix4000 printer.

Nothing on my front usb.

with that many usb connections id strongly suspect theres a conflict

just swapping them around could make things work

with that many usb connections id strongly suspect theres a conflict

From what I've learned I just want to elaborate on that. The motherboard has several USB hubs built in, and after the work I've been doing I've come to realize the USB problems occur when the cooler is sharing a hub. But how do i know it's on it's own? Without going into Device Manager and poking about I don't see any way other than to just shuffle things around til it works 100%

Adding this info to the Driver Guide.

while there may be individual hubs their still commonly married at the board,so while i dont actually know but from my toying around ive found theres no unique port,you just have sort devices till their all happy.it seems the lc wants to be propeitary so i hooked that first and went from there and any new device has to be checked and not just assumed.thats how i got things to work for me.

results no doubt will vary

im going to get a pci usb hub and use that,i think that may be advantageous for the lc/coolers

Just somehow killed my Logitech lgs840_x64 instalation.... after installing Corsair Link 2.2.0 .... just great these I would call it now a "3rd party software" as it is not packed with cooler... eating 200+ MB RAM? what? at startup opens two windows one blank on second monitor and the first the Corsair link normal window on TV.

Actually I am very dissapointed about the state of Product as it is.... but only because of faulty software support.

Just to find an "software" existence is a Journey to the End of the Universe... and now I realized it behave as malware? accessing my ssd drive each 1 second?

How I can manage my G-13 working back again?

Okay. I am going to give you some of mine very valuable FREE-TIME and instead of :

Edit2:

Steps for Full clean Installation with Installation bug....? :

1. Clean your PC with CCleaner + RegCure + Manual deletion (was still mandatory) + uninstalling all .NET stuff + reboot.

2. Install all you necessary software in my case lgs840_x64.exe + CorsairLinkInstall_2.2.0 + .NET Framework 4.0 Full download + install

Note : All that I have installed before... just something gone mad. I will be fair and Logitech is another story around Software support also.... great hardware == why always such bad software??

I don't get that

3. Launch Corsair link checkbox NOT CHECKED

Expected result : No windows are opened and user should reboot first.

Actual : Window opened NOT with CorsairLink but NO-NAME window maximalized and loaded... I dig it is SierraGPU.exe

See screenshot in attachment + adding a DxDiag.log over there.

DxDiag.txt

Resolution : Great we have an issue with installer itself... okay now I am going to reboot.

Same window maximized arrrgh. but finaly my g-13 is working back... ahh these sharing resources with two "3rd party Programs" intalled at once... I bet never tested before release to us.... Actually I gave you for free quick QA test that in my job I normaly do is quite expensive. Do I get working software for money I have already paid for?

Is really exciting and funny to be a part of software development cycle, but please oh God we are "CUSTOMERS"!!! not a very badly paid "QA employees"

What now with that SSD full-time non-stop access ?!! that is quite a big deal as you are damaging it lifespan with useless read/write.... previous installation was using my other HDD and it was LOUD almost driving me crazy... funny when it was removed from system it wasnt accessing anything... so I can call it partial fix... but as I dont have access to set which drive it spam, I cannot remove system disk.

sry for my english, but it is really late..

Another bug when logging enabled any time you choose it's creating entry every milisecond... if you are doing this on ssd by default I will really be bad....

That is really great "Malware" going to unistall this is not worth of even testing such waste of time... please next time more QA and R&D would be necessary.

FreshInstallCorsairLink.thumb.jpg.228c7dcf6e7de3716b177d128e278f11.jpg

Archived