Corsair Community

Corsair Link Dashboard V2 Software Update (Version 2.2.0) Updated 11/21/12

COOL GUY

Just some feedback from another user!

Version 2.1.7 working great for me on Windows 8 Pro. Everything seems to be controlling as it should (it was before updating to v2 as well).

Love the new GUI, and it all seems slicker and more logical.

The only things that aren't working are -

My CPU is showing as around 18/19 degrees celcius under 100% (I wish...). using Hardware Monitor Pro at the same time my cpu temps are around 40/45 degrees under 100 % load. The CPU is recognised as a 3570k under the Device Options page.

I have a Drive Temp1 nodule at usually 65 degrees C. In device options it just says 'Disk Drives' so I have no idea what it is reading to get that temperature.

I have 2 drives, both showing up in HMPro. 1 x Samsung 830 SSD showing as Assembly 27 degress and airflow as 23 degrees, and 1 x Samsung HDD (HD103SJ) showing as 23 degrees.

One last thing, I have a 600T white case, and the case dial is connected to the commander and worked great in Link v1. Now however it is there and the percentage changes as I move the dial, but I cannot assign any fans to it to be controlled as the dial does not show up as a group, so it is currently unusable for anything.

Hope that helps with the next version! Feel free to ask any questions if it will speed up the updates for me/us/anyone! :D

Thanks for the support, it is good to see Link becoming what it has the potential to be. Although now I kinda want to buy an i series PSU and the fancy dominator RAM. So my credit card hates you all.

Thanks!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2.1.7 still not showing any fans, or the H100, get sierra 2 has stopped working error, and worst of all this is on a clean install of win7 64bit. I just upgraded to a asus rampage extreme IV, all the fans corsair cannot control my motherboard can! (again) but with so many fans I still need another source of controll. I am greatly disappointed with the revisions. I see HDD temps but from what corsair has been saying almost no HDD support it, not even their own. Only one of 3 graphic card are recognized. (have 2 of the same). So whats the deal a year in to this? Still MAJOR problems and slow to resoulation. Try copying the code from asus (copy infringment) but maybe you can ask for permission? Honestly if Asus had more fan ports Id be with them! The only draw back to Asus is adjusting fan speed on the fly! Come on man its been a year! Its a fan positive, negative, less power means fan runs slower, PWM is a plus but even many of those you cannot control, no support for Large Fans. What Gives

Hi -

I very recently (last week) did a new system build for myself, including an H100, AX1200i, and the Lighting and Cooling Kit.

Right from the get go, the commander is not working correctly. I installed the latest version (2.1.7) and was unable to see the commander or any of the devices attached to it. When opening the "Firmware Update" application (through the LC2 UI or through opening sierra.bootloader directly) The application crashes on launch.

After digging around a lot, I found a download for 1.2.7 and installed it. This worked well enough for me to change the lights and monitor fans... for about 3 days. Now, when I open Corsair Link 1.2.7, the application shows the blue splash screen and then crashes out. I have tried reinstalling, leaving the computer completely unpowered, changing which USB header the commander is plugged into - all to no avail.

The light on the commander is green, and the last profile I saved in 1.2.7 does seem to load at boot. However, I am unable to make any changes.

Thanks!

Jim

Because Windows 8 hasn't been available to developers on MSDN for over a year or anything...

I went all in on Corsair on this build because I've never had a problem with anything I've ever purchased from them, but this build is a very different story.

The Sata6GB backplane on my 800D case is DOA.

My h100 pump runs about 200rpm faster than it should and is noisy.

And the link commander is CLEARLY not ready for release.

About the only thing that works great right out of the box is the memory. This has been a pretty disappointing purchase all around (but at least it's not leaking like a thermaltake cooler would)

Ok now I have a new problem. Nothing has changed on my system, literally nothing, no new drivers, nothing. But now Link is completely useless. Fans are all running at 100%, but showing as 0% in Link with the sole exception of my H80 fan. H100 and H80 both showing as 0 degrees C (but the pumps are still reporting the RPMs ok (I assume). The LED is not responding (according to it's status box, it is transparent... All the temp probes are at 0 degrees C.

Basically it is screwed. Any suggestions?

I know this is a very common complaint from a lot of people here, but when is there going to be a version of this software that is stable? I realize there is a lot of different hardware options to account for yadda yadda, but that is what BETA testing and research is for. We are being sold a product which is clearly not fit for it's intended use yet. It has so much potential, but that potential is currently sat waiting on the ever lingering promise of upcoming releases which as yet do not live up to the claims made to get us to part with our money.

Link v1 had its issues, but seemed to work on the whole better than v2, but now we/I am stuck as we cannot go back.

Is there anything RAMGUY, COOLGUY or any other Corsair related GUY, can tell us that will actually give us some reassurance that we haven't been defrauded of our money and that this product will someday actually do at least the basic functions that it is intended to do.

I know you do not like to give solid release dates in case they change and so on, but if we are to be treated like unpaid BETA testers, at least do us the decency of telling us what is going on here and if there is any point us waiting for this to be resolved.

Sorry for the rant, but this has been going on far too long to be new hardware teething problems.

Manannin,

Have you tried reinstalling the dashboard?

Is the Commander unit detected in the dashboard?

Have you tried a different USB header?

Yes, yes and no!

To explain more, I tried reinstalling first. All that did was reset the profile but still no responses from the sensors/readings etc.

I assume the commander has always been detected as the nodes and fans etc are there (the pumps were still showing RPM for example).

I tried swapping USB header with no joy.

I have it working again at the moment, and to get to this point I had to disconnect the commander, restart the computer, uninstall everything Link related and delete any leftover files. Restart again, and then install from scratch. It is working now, so we will see how long for.

Just FYI it is back to the same status in my post a week ago. HDD/CPU temps incorrect etc...

Thanks Toasted!

Sorry for you issues, just trying to help. If we are on the forums that means we all have a issue and need help. Im sure (hopefully a windows 8 version will be released).

Yeah, not lashing out at my fellow customers, just expressing frustration with the products.

I'll try re-re-reinstalling 1.2.7.

Thanks!

J

And now it has all gone again. Fans showing as 0 RPM, temps all 0, I now have 3 LED nodules, none of which correspond to the actual colour of the LEDs in reality or have any control over them...

Can anyone at Corsair help here? As I shouldn't have to reinstall this every time I want this to work. Currently this product just flat out does not work, even in a basic sense, and it seems to be quite a prominent theme.

As much as I appreciate help from other members of the forum, it seems anything we do is only a band-aid measure and the fundamental flaws in this poorly written piece of software needs addressing at the source.

Please help.

is sierraservice running properly?

if not, then you wont see any temps or fan rpm's

and yeah... my lighting node acts up and stops responding sometimes, can't fix without reboot.... it does this over time, and works fine initially after reboot, then after some time it'll just stop responding.

hi everyone!

I just update to the latest version, the new icons are really cool :sunglasse, and while a bit more stable, but I'm the only one still see the temperature of the core 1 only, and the service "SierraService" calling the Hard Drive all 3ms? :sigh!:

SierraService is hammering my HD as well. This should have been fixed with this update, but it hasn't been.

• 2 weeks later...

The first time running the new link software v2.2.0 after upgrading the firmware all works fine, but now I get this message: Sierra2 has stopped working, than you have to close it. What do I need to do to get it working again? If not where can I get the last firmware update to go back to and what would I need to run that?

Thanks for your help!

Roger :sunglasse

The first time running the new link software v2.2.0 after upgrading the firmware all works fine, but now I get this message: Sierra2 has stopped working, than you have to close it. What do I need to do to get it working again? If not where can I get the last firmware update to go back to and what would I need to run that?

Thanks for your help!

Roger :sunglasse

I have the same problem, it keeps crashing for me after the update, and all if the Firmware and Dashboard are up to date, using a Link Commander with Light/Cooling Node + H100i using Data Link

Archived