Corsair Community

Corsair Link Dashboard V2 Software Update (Version 2.2.0) Updated 11/21/12

COOL GUY

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to jump in this and say what I feel like many do.

Toast - I know you love helping everyone out (I still think you work for corsair or are a beta tester for them and get their stuff free) You have to give in at times when we all know the product is not ready for release in the first place from almost a year now. (Next Month Jan To be exact) You give excuses on why people are having issues and not blame corsair or the release of the product what so ever. Its not ready period!

As for everyone else, yes we are paying corsair to be their beta-testers and if you got lucky and really become one for them (beta-tester) and wasn't a sucker like me and many others well than you saved yourself $150+.

This madness has to stop. This program has bugs still written all over it and really nothing has changed and is TRUELY unacceptable. Its like going to a car dealership and buying a car without AC/Heat, no rear brakes and the trunk doesn't close for the price of a brand new working car. smh

I have to jump in this and say what I feel like many do.

Toast - I know you love helping everyone out (I still think you work for corsair or are a beta tester for them and get their stuff free) You have to give in at times when we all know the product is not ready for release in the first place from almost a year now. (Next Month Jan To be exact) You give excuses on why people are having issues and not blame corsair or the release of the product what so ever. Its not ready period!

As for everyone else, yes we are paying corsair to be their beta-testers and if you got lucky and really become one for them and wasn't a sucker like me and many others well than you saved yourself $150+.

This madness has to stop. This program has bugs still written all over it and really nothing has changed and is TRUELY unacceptable. Its like going to a car dealership and buying a char without AC/Heat, no rear brakes and the trunk doesn't close for the price of a brand new working car. smh

Unfortunately sad but true :(:

Still no word as to when a newer update is forthcoming... I have totally uninstalled the Corsair Link program because it was eating away at my SSD every half second.

And I wonder what exactly Corsair had to do to get their 4.6GHz 3770K at 100% load to get temps of 47.94C in an ambient temp of 25C using an H100i. Magic Pixie Dust?

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/h/1/CORSAIR_H100i_PERFORMANCE.jpg

might i ask you why can some people that are using the SAME hardware and the SAME software and install the SAME firmware and updates get good results while some cannot?

as a side note

how many years has windows been out? how many times has it changed

win 3.1

win95

win 98

win2k

win vista

win7

and now win8

has any been perfected

how many hundreds of patches and fixes has the touted and superb win 7 had in it?

just saying

It could have been on a test bench with the fans running at max speed.

it also could be that they knew how to adjust bios and fine tune the system to get these results,,personally i wouldnt have put this in their product info because you get people expecting this performance right out of the box and their computers skills are limited to only exterior experience

might i ask you why can some people that are using the SAME hardware and the SAME software and install the SAME firmware and updates get good results while some cannot?

as a side note

how many years has windows been out? how many times has it changed

win 3.1

win95

win 98

win2k

win vista

win7

and now win8

has any been perfected

how many hundreds of patches and fixes has the touted and superb win 7 had in it?

just saying

I totally understand with what you're saying. My point is even the basics don't really work. I mean does windows loggin screen disappear on you in those OSs or the CPU isn't recognized? No, lol.....I can keep going and going. Technically were taking about a program and not a operating system so I think the comparison isn't fair tbh.

If the program was at a point where everything worked and things didn't disappear and worked as intended, just like it's said on the product info page, than I can say ok, give them time to code in the new fans/hardware etc. The LEDs individually arn't even being sold yet when we we're told many times that they were in the past. smh My point is, it works when it wants and I went through hell thinking it was my hardware going bad (BSODs) when it was the Link software not to mention the harddrive thrashing that went on.

They've been working on this for 2+years. I think its time to fork up the $$$ and get this done. Get more people involved in coding.

windows is the same as any other software program,the difference being is that its much more complicated in its purpose

allow me to use you an myself as an example with this question

were both using the same software program and the same hardware,,,yet mine works in not one but 2 systems while yours will not work properly at all.

can you logically explain why this is?

this is the question that those whom are having problems should be asking themselves

I suggest hardware changes during production. The whole lot seems to have been developed/produced down to a price.

Hey Guys, I've just signed up to workout how to update firmware on my new Link.

Can someone please tell me where I can download Commander Firmware 2.0.6 ?

I have looked on this forum and all over the net but darned if I can find whereto donload new firmware from.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed the hardware, lights and fans are working, GPU module is working, well sort of... When CorsairLink2 desktop icon is asked to open the Dashboard interface it flashes quickly and disappears. I've removed it and reinstalled the latest version many times.

Is there a problem because I'm running Windows 8?

Is there a problem because I'm using the GPU module?

The dashboard dopes not support Windows 8 officially. You can try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7 to see if that helps.

Have you tried an older version of the dashboard?

Is the Commander unit on FW 2.0.6?

Have you tried reinstalling Net. Framework?

I was able to install an older version (1.2.5.0). I now have control over the various components and the firmware seems to be up to date. All of the modules are configured to Version 1.2.5.0. Should I try further up dates? Should I try a later version of Link Dashboard?

SierraService is hammering my HD as well. This should have been fixed with this update, but it hasn't been.

Yesterday I purchased and installed a Corsair AX1200i PSU, and H80i cooler. The installation was done correctly per the printed instructions.

I downloaded and installed Version 2.2 Corsair Link Dashboard.

I am experiencing the same issue as the above and others have posted. The SSD drive stops thrashing about as soon as SierraService is disabled in task manager. As far as I know, I have the latest firmware installed, but attach a screenshot to confirm or otherwise.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3696/corsairlink.jpg

This issue was supposedly fixed in the previous version. The software is useless and has been uninstalled.

If the Corsair rep can help me with this I would be grateful.

Just want to point one thing out, for everyone. The Link software is not 'hammering' or 'thrashing' your drives. The light comes on when the software accesses SMART, it's not actually reading or writing anything. The led reacts to controller accesses as well as read/writes.

It's not gonna wear anything out.

I have reinstalled the software, and the SSD read/write issue appears to have gone. The only thing I did prior to the reinstall was to restore my bootloader settings. I have no idea if this may have made a difference.

However, the custom fan settings do not work. I will search elsewhere on this forum for this problem.

I have reinstalled the software, and the SSD read/write issue appears to have gone. The only thing I did prior to the reinstall was to restore my bootloader settings. I have no idea if this may have made a difference.

However, the custom fan settings do not work. I will search elsewhere on this forum for this problem.

I was only half right ^, the excessive log creation has stopped, but sierra.exe was producing constant SSD activity, even when the Link Dashboard was not running. This I do not want. I have disabled sierra.exe from startup in msconfig.

There is now no constant SSD activity.

If only I could sort out the custom fan settings.

Just want to point one thing out, for everyone. The Link software is not 'hammering' or 'thrashing' your drives. The light comes on when the software accesses SMART, it's not actually reading or writing anything. The led reacts to controller accesses as well as read/writes.

It's not gonna wear anything out.

Sorry... but when I can actually hear my SSD being accessed, without even looking at the HDD light, it's thrashing the drive.

Archived