Corsair Community

Corsair HS1 left turns into right and massive pop when frapsing.

hamzta

• Corsair Employee
Did you put a link to this thread and post your screen name in the email, if not it may be hard to identify what your email was about. Please remember there are more then one customer at a time sending us emails and posting so it can be like trying to find a needle in a hey stack when you try to get support like that. But I will try to look for it when I get back to the office.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have received the same problem as well and had owned the headphones for 2 months now with problems only occuring about 5 days ago. I'm reluctant to RMA them if this is a software issue/conflict but I am glad to see active support on this issue.

I have listed my computers specs in my profile but I do have to make some important notes. The headphones was performing well out of the box two weeks with an old computer I had received from a friend (AMD processor, ASUS M2NE-SLI Mobo) until I upgraded to a P67-UD4-B3 Mobo with an 15-2500 k processor. I had initial audio problems but they were resolved with the installation of the motherboard drivers. I noticed something odd again with the audio at first playing Fallout 3 when sound effects were sounding very quiet compared to the ambient music even at full settings. Music from using iTunes also comes in very distorted too (unequal levels). The problems persisted with the headphones in the front and rear jacks. I was able to do a quick fix somehow by switching the front audio port from HD to AC97 but resumed on both connections afterwards. I'm back on the HD connection now. Sound from my speakers sounds normal but when I had plugged my headphones into the speakers, the same distortion of levels occured (Altec Lansing brand speakers but I can't remember the model, I think it's not in production anymore but its a 2.1 system using a single line in, similar to the headphone jack, and separate power). I have also tried to un and reinstall the sound drivers but this seems to not resolve the problem.

My suggestion is something may be conflicting with the onboard audio on the motherboard as for the two months prior to upgrading, I've had no problems and had enjoyed prior with my headphones plugged in by AC97 (as it was the only audio port on my friends old Mobo) and only had problems almost immedieatly afterwards. All programs had operated with normal audio on my friends older computer.

Did you put a link to this thread and post your screen name in the email, if not it may be hard to identify what your email was about. Please remember there are more then one customer at a time sending us emails and posting so it can
be like trying to find a needle in a hey stack when you try to get support like that. But I will try to look for it when I get back to the office.

Of course, I'm sorry. E-mail thread: "HS1 - left, right, up, down, back, forth inverted", Stephen.

I have found a temporarily quickfix for this problem (works for me at least).

Everytime the sound channels switch, open a youtube video with "bad quality" or something. If you focus all sound to the right channel, and watch the video, you'll notice the sound switches from right to left continuously.

Like this: http://bildr.no/image/1026012.jpeg

fullsize: click here

I have actually bookmarked this random video (because it does the trick) -

After the sound channels start switching, ill just stop the video and the sound channels are back to normal.

This way, instead of toggling "bypass/surround/7.1 mode" in corsair control panel, i would keep the sound stream (So i won't have to restart mumble, heroes of newerth, etc.).

Yes, I've tested two different HS1 on the same system.

I've confirmed the problem is only at this computer. The youtube video will play perfectly fine on my work computer (no right/left channel switching while watching it).

But... what about the other people having inverted sound issue? I know i'm not the only one, so... what are causing this?

Yesterday I played some HoN and the sound got screwed up. But I just play the youtube video till the channels were corrected and kept on playing.

As mentioned earlier, my hardware specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3

Corsair Value S. DDR3 1333MHz 2GB CL9

Gainward GeForce GTX 460 1GB PhysX CUDA

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

******** m4 SSD 2,5" 128GB

######## Six Hundred Midi Tower Sort

Cooler Master GX 750W PSU

Could it be any conflicts with the motherboard?

I've tried both USB3 and standard USB ports.

• Corsair Employee
Then it is likely some issue with the install on that system or a software conflict and I have only seen this pop up a few times but if it does not display that symptom on another system, I am not sure what we can do.

Yes.

We can close this case now. I could live with these problems until I re install Windows, now that I just could run a Youtube video with "bad sound encoding" to fix the sound stream.

Thank you for the follow-up, RAM GUY! :biggrin:

The problem still exists after reinstall?

Which OS?

What hardware / drivers?

What kind of software did you install after reinstall?

Thank you for your feedback. I thought re-installing might solve my problems, but obviously not.

BTW: have you tested the youtube link mentioned above? If you adjust all sound to the right channel, would you hear anything in the left channel while watching the movie?

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD

System Model: MS-7596

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 260 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3328MB RAM

Page File: 1466MB used, 5186MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTS 450

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DC4&SUBSYS_218419DA&REV_A1

Display Memory: 2401 MB

Dedicated Memory: 993 MB

Shared Memory: 1407 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: L2410NM

Monitor Id: WDE5180

Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

Output Type: HD15

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.8562 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.8562

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/15/2011 01:53:00, 13205312 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4E84-11CF-185B-88011FC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0DC4

SubSys ID: 0x218419DA

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Driver Strong Name: oem3.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTx86.6.1:Section005:8.17.12.8562:pci\ven_10de&dev_0dc4

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

Description: Speakers (Corsair CA-HS1 USB Headset)

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A01&REV_0100&MI_00

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: CAHS1.sys

Driver Version: 7.00.0008.2150 (English)

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

Date and Size: 6/16/2011 15:09:28, 1519616 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Corsair

HW Accel Level: Basic

Cap Flags: 0x0

Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

---------------------

Sound Capture Devices

---------------------

Description: Microphone (Corsair CA-HS1 USB Headset)

Default Sound Capture: Yes

Default Voice Capture: Yes

Driver Name: CAHS1.sys

Driver Version: 7.00.0008.2150 (English)

Date and Size: 6/16/2011 15:09:28, 1519616 bytes

Cap Flags: 0x0

Format Flags: 0x0

I don't know how to put that in a collapse box, sorry.

I uninstalled the Corsair HS1 drivers + Corsair software.

With generic USB Windows Drivers, I could play the Youtube clip example mentioned above without problems. (oh, well - lot of sparkling, but the right channel stay right and left stay left).

Would this information be helpful RAM GUY?

PrfJennings: could you do the test to confirm?

Maybe you could lend me your tool, so I can generate the same report. That way Corsair could do some more soul searching :D

That's the dxdiag tool, you can pull up a full report by launching run (or win +r) and typing dxdiag, then export it and it will ask where you want to save the text file. (it's quite large, I only grabbed the hardware/sound info.)

dis-regard what I said, I did the test wrong, With the balance normal it sounds fine, but when all the audio is sent to the right I was getting audio in the left stream. I have the latest corsair drivers.

Right after I booted up the windows config tool for 7.1, the side speakers had disappeared and the audio had been swapped.

I removed the drivers and the headset works great once more, however only in stereo (which they are only really) in fact it even got rid of the constant static I would hear when at a high volume, I'll see if the cd stock drivers have this issue, this is most definitely a software problem. IN fact the reason for my prior reformat was due to a bad install of this corsair driver... ( that was a fun regedit nightmare)

I installed the default drivers (the ones that shipped with my headphones) and when I tested the audio on the video (
) The audio swapped but corrected itself. I was using the default windows drivers but the constant blinking on the volume control drove me up a wall. I think this pretty much nails it as a driver issue Corsair, the fact your product shipped with faulty drivers makes me hesitant to buy (or recommend) your tech in the future to clients. (I do a lot of sound work.) Please provide a patch or something for this.

Like this: http://bildr.no/image/1026012.jpeg

fullsize: click here

I have actually bookmarked this random video (because it does the trick) -

After the sound channels start switching, ill just stop the video and the sound channels are back to normal.

This way, instead of toggling "bypass/surround/7.1 mode" in corsair control panel, i would keep the sound stream (So i won't have to restart mumble, heroes of newerth, etc.).

I have the same problem, havent tryed this quickfix yet, but pretty much everything else, including reinstallation of my Win7 pro - 64bit.. :[pouts:

(games i have been playing: COD Black Ops, Battlefield 3 - but havent been gaming for three weeks now..... :bigeyes:)

• 2 weeks later...

I am also being plagued by this problem. It's difficult to pin down when it started because:

My first HS1 worked great but was RMA'd due to a short that developed in the cable. At the same time as this RMA, I also upgraded my computer with a new mobo/etc. So besides being on a new headset, I am on also effectively on a new computer.

I've read over this thread and have been trying to ignore the problem in hopes that a future driver update will fix it, but it's getting more and more frustrating.

Is there any new info on this? Or anything I can do to help get this issue pinned down? I'm almost frustrated enough to just buy a different headset but I really enjoyed my HS1 when it was working and I'd like to stick it out if a solution is in sight.

• 1 month later...

RAM GUY / Corsair: could you please answer this thread?

I've finally formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 64, but the issue STILL remains.

This is so frustrating, especially since my "quick fix" worked for other customers having the same issue: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=544714&postcount=89

I have been troubleshooting for several months now and i'm starting to get frustrated.

I've run that youtube video way over 500 times, while gaming, just to correct the sound channels. Happens all the time, and you never know before u hear enemies come from left and actually comes from right...

ATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same problem here, left turn into right and right into left randomly when playing, watching a movie... even with all other sound devices desactivated and all drivers tested (1.0/ 1.1)

apps :

- steam

- mumble

- origin

- Battlefield 3

- Left 4 Dead 2

- Skyrim

- Vlc

please find a fix !

FINALLY ! I thought I was the only one xD. My retailer won't accept the RMA.

Exactly the same problem, it's very disturbing to be sure that your ennemy is coming from your right, you turn right and BAM ! BEHIND YOU ! :@.

Apps :

Steam

Teamspeak 3

Origin

Valve Games, Battlefield, Call of Duty...

PLEASE ! Do something !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Same problem here on the 1500s.... I got My 1500s on 1/23/12 , and I have the same problem. Two friends of mine have the same problem,one of which took his back and swapped for a new pair....same result. I find it hard to believe it's not a software issue. I just don't believe the headsets just swap left to right themselves. Mine doesn't do it on all games or any youtube videos. A majority of it happens in BF3 while using teamspeak. I haven't had any issues with Mass Effect 3 yet. It has to be the software/driver issue since it happens to both models or my headset knows when I play BF3 and messes with me....Which brings in that whole Skynet/A.I./ Terminator thing into play.

Archived