Corsair Community

Question on Stability of Twinx512-3200LL on Gigabyte 8IK1100

atseng

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The BIOS has just changed to F9. I have just ordered a 120Gig WD SATA HDD to allow me to install XP system on this drive and then also run both of my DVD drives on IDE Primary and Secondary Master to give max performance from the DVD drives. Does anyone else use this setup and have any problems? I have now set my timings to 2-6-2-2 which is the stated timings on the packaging. I have set the voltage to +0.2 V for good measure. Happy New Year to you all. Best regards Chris

• 2 months later...
[quote name='RAM GUY']Please try it with the memory timings set manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 or Cass 2-4-4-6 and se if the problem is solved. Also they are working on a new Bios that should resolve this but I think its in beta still Ram Guy[/QUOTE] I have 8ik1100 rev. 1 bios f8 motherboard which I am finally getting up and running.It uses a 2.4 gigahertz p4 hyper threading cpu with 800 fsb. I have 4 sticks of 400 mhz corsair ram running in dual mode. It seems to do a lot off weird things with the Lan and at times just reboots with no apparent windows errors. When compared with my dual 1000 copper mine cpu Iwill 266r it benchmarks much in faster in Sandra , when running large video renders it is actually quite a bit slower. I have run the windows memory diag and the memory does not pass the Lrand test. Is this test applicable to this this memory in this mode. I am going to try it a stick at a time. I also see many posting about the cass settings ,but I have no documentation on such settings and can not find them in the bios. I have checked the powersupply voltages and have found no problems. Any clues ?I have read most of these postings and have no clues as to where these cass settings live.

[quote name='espii']I have 8ik1100 rev. 1 bios f8 motherboard which I am finally getting up and running.It uses a 2.4 gigahertz p4 hyper threading cpu with 800 fsb. I have 4 sticks of 400 mhz corsair ram running in dual mode. It seems to do a lot off weird things with the Lan and at times just reboots with no apparent windows errors. When compared with my dual 1000 copper mine cpu Will 266r it benchmarks much in faster in Sandra , when running large video renders it is actually quite a bit slower. I have run the windows memory diag and the memory does not pass the Lrand test. Is this test applicable to this this memory in this mode. I am going to try it a stick at a time. I also see many posting about the cass settings ,but I have no documentation on such settings and can not find them in the bios. I have checked the powersupply voltages and have found no problems. Any clues ?I have read most of these postings and have no clues as to where these cass settings live.[/QUOTE] You need to select Ctrl+F1 to get into the Advanced settings. This will then give you access to the RAM timings but take care as errors can stop your PC from rebooting. The problem with the PC rebooting without any particular reason could be a virus. If you have an anti virus checker, make sure it is up to date a do a full scan. I know one of the latest viruses can cause this problem. Another reader had LAN problems which I believe he never resolved. You could try downloading the latest program just in case you have a very early version. There is also now a F9 BIOS out which has finally stabilized my system. I still have to adjust the timings though as it defaults to 2.5 Ras to CASS which will not work with my RAM which should be set to 2-2-2-6.

[quote name='cjthom']You need to select Ctrl+F1 to get into the Advanced settings. This will then give you access to the RAM timings but take care as errors can stop your PC from rebooting. The problem with the PC rebooting without any particular reason could be a virus. If you have an anti virus checker, make sure it is up to date a do a full scan. I know one of the latest viruses can cause this problem. Another reader had LAN problems which I believe he never resolved. You could try downloading the latest program just in case you have a very early version. There is also now a F9 BIOS out which has finally stabilized my system. I still have to adjust the timings though as it defaults to 2.5 Ras to CASS which will not work with my RAM which should be set to 2-2-2-6.[/QUOTE] I ran the memory all night at the default settings not knowing how to get into the advanced setting. With one stick it ran the settings all night with no errors. I reset the timing this morning with the advanced setting(ctrl+F1) is a bit tricky figureing out exactly what 2-2-2-6 means. Anyway I read down the list and find cas latency default 2.5 options(2,2.5,3) active precharge 8 (10,9,8,7,6) Ras to cas delay 3 (4,3,2) Ras precharge3 (4,3,2) refresh mode 7.8 (7.8,15,64). With one stick if I read my list right I set it for 2,6,2,2. It failed every other test.I reset it to 2,8,3,3 and it passed every test,but Iam not sure what all this means. The memory is xms3200 cl2. Thanks :laughing:

:confused: [quote name='espii']I ran the memory all night at the default settings not knowing how to get into the advanced setting. With one stick it ran the settings all night with no errors. I reset the timing this morning with the advanced setting(ctrl+F1) is a bit tricky figureing out exactly what 2-2-2-6 means. Anyway I read down the list and find cas latency default 2.5 options(2,2.5,3) active precharge 8 (10,9,8,7,6) Ras to cas delay 3 (4,3,2) Ras precharge3 (4,3,2) refresh mode 7.8 (7.8,15,64). With one stick if I read my list right I set it for 2,6,2,2. It failed every other test.I reset it to 2,8,3,3 and it passed every test,but Iam not sure what all this means. The memory is xms3200 cl2. Thanks :laughing:[/QUOTE] After finding my way in to the advanced settings and changing the cass latency setting to every different setting I have seen here I find that I still get the Lrand error. I put bios version f9 on and found no difference. Each xms 3200 chip passes all the tests in the single channel mode and fails the test in the dual channel mode every time. I am going to try it with one bank and see if that matters . I have also noticed that the ram fails but each of the requested adresses it returns are correct. Anyone have any ideas? Is this test valid for this memory in this mode.

How much RAM do you have in total? You should be able to get the RAM timings from the devices themselves. It is printed on the bottom Right hand corner of the device. Mine States 2-2-2-6. I am not sure but if you are using 2 sets of matched devices you may have to slow the timings down. Perhaps RAM GUY can confirm this for you. The timings on the advanced BIOS read differently from the way they read on the actual RAM. They would read in my case 2-6-2-2 when read from top to bottom. 6 being the Ras to CAS delay Cycles.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I also have issues with this combo. I have an GA-8IK1100 rev 1.0 with bios F10. And 4x256MB CMX3200LL. If I ran 333Mhz on the bus I got 3794MS/s read speed in aida32 but it seems like it's working. But that's not want we want right? I also tried 2.5-3-3-6 timing and ran a 8hr pass in memtest86 with 0 errors. Seems quite stable but memory bandwith isn't that good. 4224MB/s The reaon I bought these expensive mems was just for the awsome timing. I tried 2-3-2-5 once and got 5104Mb/s witch I think is amazing :) So my question is... Will these mems ever be compatible with i875P? I can't refund my modules because the company I bought them from has a 14 dar refund policy and it's to late. If not. Can anyone recomend another compatible "chip" for 800FPS cpu's (P4 3.0Ghz) Thanks Johan

• Corsair Employee
I can’t really suggest one MB maker over another, as it really causes a conflict of interest for me, however you are welcome to do a search for the model you are interested in and see what type of problems other users are having, and more importantly are they getting resolved. In addition, I would suggest that you test the modules at the tested settings one at a time and see if they will pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]. And I would suggest that you set the dim voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. One more thing, if you have 2.0 Gig of memory or more than 512 Meg, you would need to be running Win2k or newer. Win9x/ME will not cache more than 512 Meg of memory!

Oh looks like a nice autoresponder :) There are pretty narrow options for the p4 800fbs. Anyway, I'll try to run 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.72V and hope it works until there is a fix if there will be anyone available. No errors on memtest86 so far. But it skips into windows sometimes when playing games. Update: Get to much errors in games and iexplorer crashes alot. Running them at bottlenecked 333Mhz ...

• Corsair Employee
LOL! Well I hope this does not look like that! I answer more than 400 posts a week, and from time to time I do cut copy and past, I am sorry however; sometimes you all ask the same question over and over again. And again I am sorry, but the answer does not change! However in this case, the answer was not copied. If you are not getting errors with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] but you are having trouble with a game, that can be caused by many things, from the game not being compatible with 2.0 Gig of ram to a PSU issue, to a driver or configuration. If you are having problems I would suggest testing your modules on another MB any other make other than Giga-Byte to be sure it's not a problem with your MB!

Archived