Corsair Community

iCue Link Max brightness reduced due to hub power limitation and pump noise

4 hours ago, Malarky94 said:

So far no overcurrent warnings or flashing red of the RGB lighting. Not even when I am trying to trigger it by playing WoW.

Almost afraid to say this and jinx it.. but so far so good.

What is your setup? 

13 hours ago, Deaglenest said:

Any issues for you yet? - I am still on Firmware 1.6.x dealing with just the overcurrent warnings, luckily i never updated to 1.8.x but yeah, I am honestly scared to touch anything until i see people having no issues..

On the 1.6.x version I only had the warnings, nothing else.
On 1.8.x I had the warnings + the red flashing of the fans.

Both happening within 20 minutes of playing World of Warcraft. And for some reason only World of Warcraft, not on any other game I'd play.

Last night after updating to 2.3.x I played World of Warcraft for about 3-4 hours and nothing happend. No warnings, no flashing, nothing.
So far so good. Obviously I cannot guarantee it will work for you and solve all your problems. But for me it did.

Edited by Malarky94
  • Like 1

Installed beta firmware (had the red flashing issue) and after that only 5 from 9 fans are fully working. the other 4 are spinning but without leds. tried enumerating and rebooting pc, didn't help.

Spoke to soon... Today after playing WoW for about 2 hours it happend again.

For some reason only port 2 has been giving me errors. Not port 1. But unfortunately this **** has not been fixed.

Edit: When the red flashing starts, going to device settings of the link system hub and clicking device enumeration does reset the flashing and makes it go back to the original setting I had without having to shut down my PC. But that's just a bandaid for the wound.. The root of the problem itself has not been fixed.

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-19 165730.png

Edited by Malarky94

Well.. at first I thought since I only got the port 2 error, it could genuinely have something to do with the way I hooked up my devices. (Even though I think that's odd since it said before it can support up to 12 devices and I don't even have 12 connected). But once again I spoke too soon and I have the port 1 warning now as well.

Which at this point I simply refuse to believe this is a fault on my end. I've checked and I've got 6 connected to port 1 and 5 to port 2. So I am not overdoing it on either.

I really believe this is a false positive, as nothing out of the ordinary happens when I get these errors (except for the REALLY annoying red flashing of the RGB lighting). No temperatures going crazy high, nothing bad or damaging.

I can however make the red flashing dissapear rather quickly by going to my iCue LINK system hub device settings and clicking the "device enumaration". That immediately makes it go away. But like I said before, it's only a small solution for a deeperlying issue.

I've grown tired of unplugging my entire PC yet another time to take it apart and check whether stuff is correctly done or not. Because it is. I haven't connected too many devices to the system hub, I haven't connected all to just one port. It's done properly and the fault is not on my end.

Corsair really need to start adressing this properly and work on something that finally fixes this once and for all for everyone experiencing the same issue. I am not alone when I say that I've spend hundreds, if not thousands, on Corsair products. Only for this stuff to happen is extremely dissapointing and infuriating at the same time.

At this rate, if this crap doesn't get fixed soon, I am seriously considering RMA'ing my products and getting my damn money back. Because if it doesn't work as it should, I may as well buy some standard black or white fans without any RGB lighting to do the damn job of keeping my PC cooled. No need to spend the extra hundreds of euros on fancy Corsair stuff because of some RGB lighting that you don't get to enjoy anyway.

Consider me really pissed off. Not only because it's not working properly, but also when googling this problem you can find topics of over 6 months ago where people describe the very same issue. And has it been solved? Nope.
Do you want people to never buy a single Corsair product again because of horrible experiences? This is exactly how you cause that to happen.

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-19 171956.png

Edited by Malarky94
  • Like 1

Since I can't edit my previous post anymore:

All I want is for it to work without me having to pull some weird tricks like the device enumaration setting.
I want to get home, sit down at my PC and be able to play my favorite videogame on my incredibly expensive PC (that I am starting to regret now) without having to worry about how long it'll take before it gets messed up again. I want to enjoy my favorite game again without having to constantly worry or fear this time it might actually damage certain aspects of my PC.
And it's super frustrating for Corsair (a brand of which I thought was good and reliable) to keep ruining this for me. Especially when, I assume most of us aren't rich, spent a LOT of our hard earned money on this.

25 minutes ago, Malarky94 said:

All I want is for it to work without me having to pull some weird tricks like the device enumaration setting.
I want to get home, sit down at my PC and be able to play my favorite videogame on my incredibly expensive PC (that I am starting to regret now) without having to worry about how long it'll take before it gets messed up again. I want to enjoy my favorite game again without having to constantly worry or fear this time it might actually damage certain aspects of my PC.
And it's super frustrating for Corsair (a brand of which I thought was good and reliable) to keep ruining this for me. Especially when, I assume most of us aren't rich, spent a LOT of our hard earned money on this.

Have you tried swapping out the hub or any of the wires? possibly one of those s faulty? or if at any point you had overloaded the ports with devices it killed or damaged the hub, that's just a theory because when i first built my pc i tried putting 11 devices on one port and i'm pretty sure i did some damage to the hub as it wouldn't work properly even after i separated my devices, i had to swap for a new hub,

Edited by giggsy11

i resolved my problem now by replacing the link hub with an other one with old firmware on it. works like a charm. wont update this well programmed software anymore in the future and wont buy or recommend this brand to friends and customers...

Edited by Invidia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Malarky94 said:

For some reason only port 2 has been giving me errors. Not port 1. But unfortunately this **** has not been fixed.

Edit: When the red flashing starts, going to device settings of the link system hub and clicking device enumeration does reset the flashing and makes it go back to the original setting I had without having to shut down my PC. But that's just a bandaid for the wound.. The root of the problem itself has not been fixed.

This is exactly why i do not see any point in updating from 1.6 to 1.8 as it seemed as though 1.8 had more issues than 1.6 did.. I also play WoW and only WoW really.. tbh at the moment.

• Corsair Employee
3 hours ago, Invidia said:

Installed beta firmware (had the red flashing issue) and after that only 5 from 9 fans are fully working. the other 4 are spinning but without leds. tried enumerating and rebooting pc, didn't help.

I would try a complete uninstallation of iCUE with Revo Uninstaller and then re-install v5.12.

Make sure you back your profiles up somewhere and when you're uninstalling check the box that says delete all user data. Make sure you delete all of the registry and other leftover bits that Revo points out. 

If this still doesn't work, you can roll back using the Force Update under the System Hub firmware update to roll back to v1.8. 

• Corsair Employee
2 hours ago, Malarky94 said:

Interesting. I've raised this to the Firmware team. We haven't seen any OCP flashing issues in any of our testing recently. Is it possible for you to open a ticket, submit your iCUE logs, and PM me the ticket number? That way I can get those logs to my firmware/software team to see what is going on? 

2 hours ago, giggsy11 said:

Have you tried swapping out the hub or any of the wires? possibly one of those s faulty? or if at any point you had overloaded the ports with devices it killed or damaged the hub, that's just a theory because when i first built my pc i tried putting 11 devices on one port and i'm pretty sure i did some damage to the hub as it wouldn't work properly even after i separated my devices, i had to swap for a new hub,

Already swapped out the hub once. This is the 2nd I'm on, both had the identical issues. I did not have too many devices hooked up.
For the record, I have 1 exhaust fan at the back, 3 exhaust on the top and then 3 intake on the front and side. So that totals to 11. If you then add the CPU LCD screen, that's 12 in total. So in no possible way have I gone over the treshold of connected devices.
Seeing how I already purchased a second hub and it's the same issue, the problem is clearly not on my end. And I am also done spending my money on new products when that clearly isn't the problem.

Furthermore, if it was really a problem with my iCue LINK system hub then surely the issue would present itself on multiple ocassions. Not just when playing World of Warcraft and being absolutely fine in any other game?

I'd also like to refer to this thread:

Multiple people reporting on the same issue. Multiple people who have also already replaced their LINK system hub to no avail. Multiple people trying to figure out what could be causing this and not getting any further.
Interestingly however is the comment added by JimmyJFly who actually managed to get a response from Corsair basically telling us to sit tight, ignore the overcurrent protection warnings and wait for an update to fix it.
And just as I commented on that thread: It's kind of hard to ignore a warning if it comes along with flashing red fans. I'd ignore it if it was indeed just a simple warning like 2 versions ago...

9 minutes ago, shocksim said:

Interesting. I've raised this to the Firmware team. We haven't seen any OCP flashing issues in any of our testing recently. Is it possible for you to open a ticket, submit your iCUE logs, and PM me the ticket number? That way I can get those logs to my firmware/software team to see what is going on? 

I'll work on that. First I have to see how to properly open a ticket because the last time I tried I remember giving up as I need actual serial numbers and I don't have them just laying around.

Edited by Malarky94

This update did its job and now all the errors are gone, 

I did some testing in various workloads that triggered the error within 10 minutes and everything went fine.

I'm happy..for now.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:58 AM, Malarky94 said:

Something told me to keep waiting.. Sigh, really unfortunate. 

Since I couldn't edit my previous reply to this comment, I wanted to add this in there ideally but I had to reqoute you, sorry for that. Maybe one day we'll get an error free experience. 

Edited by Deaglenest

Well it fixed the warning message for me, but now four of my fans RGB aren't working. Three on the H150i LCD iCUE Link and one at the rear. iCUE isn't detecting them during the lighting setup wizard, either. They all work in hardware mode, so maybe I'll just stay clear of iCUE until Corsair can actually finally get it working properly 😕

Just an update here, I've rolled back the firmware and now at least all the fan's RGB is working properly even with the reduced brightness. Glad this was just a beta firmware and hopefully they can identify the issues before this is pushed out more broadly. Happy to supply logs / help assist if need be.

Edited by tomwarren

2 hours ago, tomwarren said:

Just an update here, I've rolled back the firmware and now at least all the fan's RGB is working properly even with the reduced brightness. Glad this was just a beta firmware and hopefully they can identify the issues before this is pushed out more broadly. Happy to supply logs / help assist if need be.

Exact same situation here.  With the beta firmware, the message went away but four of my fans weren't detected and were dark, although they worked in hardware mode.  I rolled back and everything is back as it was.  I'd be happy to test again but for now the beta firmware is a bust for me.

Icue link H150i wtih LCD pump (kit bought separately) + 10 QX120 fans here - update to beta FW provided on this thread.

Just noticed my Qx fans flickering from time to time - it happens intermittenly. still trying to figure out what's causing it and when does it happen, I think it happens whenever I'm playing.

**No errors on icue link, no brightness reduced message, All RGB is working fine, time warp feature is good, LCD at 30 FPS no brightness issues on the screen nor the led brightness on the pump.

10 hours ago, tomwarren said:

I would honestly just find out where and send them in. The more data they have they higher probability we get less bugs, hopefully 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:05 PM, Zambe said:

This update did its job and now all the errors are gone, 

I did some testing in various workloads that triggered the error within 10 minutes and everything went fine.

I'm happy..for now.

edit: still having overcurrent issue on both port with flashing red light after the beta firmware update. Now while playing Baldur's Gate 3.

• Corsair Employee

Thanks to those who took the time to test BETA firmware v2.3.427, we appreciate the help!

We were working on this new feature to increase the maximum number of supported devices to the iCUE LINK ecosystem in parallel with addressing the "overcurrent" notification. Looks like we still have some work to do based on a few unfortunate experiences seen on this thread but we hope to squash the "overcurrent" notification very shortly. Apologies for those of you who are experiencing it, please give us a bit more time to address this inconvenience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am also still receiving the brightness reduced error, after applying the beta firmware. I added a second hub to try and fix the problem. I have 7 QX 120 fans on one side of the hub.... and 6 fans(Push Pull)with AIO on one side of the other hub. On a side note can someone please add rainbow channel to the fans hardware lighting? I know a lot of Corsair owners, who would like that profile ready to go when they power on their PC.20240323_011307.thumb.jpg.5298a6a21bd50cbf2fbcc7cf7cdcfc2d.jpg20240322_215723.thumb.jpg.191cca49856a73c4e85fbe96ee10e3fd.jpg

Since release I've had nothing but issues with this ecosystem. It's a good idea, but not well executed at all. About 6 months ago it was the red flashing and in overcurrent state after new firmware, took over a month then they finally fixed it, only to break it again at the beginning of this month to do the same thing, and also now give reduced power state warnings. Tried your new beta to fix the issue, and like others now I'm missing fans in iCUE. 9 of my 14 fans are lighting, unless I shut down the software and run in hardware mode, then no issues and all work fine. After spending about $700 on 14 of these fans, additional cables, and the hub, I'm about to junk these beta release fans (with all these issues, we are beta testing them and paying Corsair to do it) and go with Lian Li or just about any other brand that will work as advertised. I can smell a class action suit coming soon from a lot of upset people if they can't get their software team to do their jobs. Do you even test the software before releasing it? 

Edited by Beazlbub