Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager A1600 Internal Display Firmware. (Display doesn't go to 240hz even with newest graphics driver)

zaitmi

Hi, I hoping for some assistance with my current issue of my Internal Laptop display being stuck at 60hz. I updated my AMD graphics drivers and also reinstalled them but nothing has fixed this issue yet. 

So as drivers didn't seem like the issue I went to device manager and tried checking whether the firmware for the internal display was right as that might cause for it not being able to go to 240hz. What I saw was a firmware from Microsoft and I wanted to ask if there was a corsair firmware for the internal display that I can flash onto it so I can get the ability to run the display at 240hz.

If you think this is not the issue please let me know what the issue is along with some instructions please. 

Screenshot 2023-11-09 100617.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 100556.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 100525.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 100451.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 100422.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 1003531.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 100330.png

• 1 month later...

so i have figured out how to fix this issue, for some reason, when you utilize the newest graphics driver from amd it does not allow you to use 240hz but through corsairs website, if you search voyager 1600 then click on the laptop, scroll down to downloads and dowload the amd driver for graphics, it will be a downgrade, but it will unlock your refresh rate within display settings

hope this helps

So after doing some research and checking out some forums, I think I'm starting to piece together the picture. The problem with the drivers on the official Corsair website is that they are months old, and don't have any of the new features or fixes that have been coming out recently. 
We all have been experienciung issues when trying to upgrade our graphics drivers, but a user on this post here wrote a custom .inf to try to fix the installation of new drivers from AMD. He left instructions on that page along with a download link for the .inf file, just right click his link.

All that being said, it seems rumored that Corsair will be putting out an official driver later this month, but make of that what you will. Good luck, I'm trying this with mine tonight. 

Here's some other discussions:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/185308-corsair-a1600-amd-2352-240hz-display-brightness-working/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/comments/18t4rx7/finding_problems_with_the_voyager_a1600/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/comments/18ziao2/corsair_a1600_laptop_external_monitor_via_dgpu/