Corsair Community

Does H100i Elite Capellix work with Commander Core XT?

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

I have an H100i radiator that was connected to the controller that came with it and it worked fine. I added two LL140 and one LL120 fans to the case. I was told Corsair is incompatible with their own products and I need to buy a Commander Core XT if I wanted to use my LL series fans, I have that installed and now it seems the H100i is incompatible with the Commander Core XT as I can't find a way to plug in the cable from the pump head that sits on top on the CPU that goes to a proprietary slot on the controller that came with the radiator. The H100i radiator head flashes red and does not work over heating the CPU. Right now I have to use the old controller that came with the radiator and I connect the USB cord from that  to the USB extension on the Commander Core XT. I certainly hope there is a better way of getting all these products from the same company to work together. What is the recommended way to connect the products?

image.thumb.png.a402fc4a3aa4b7845d72af2865f876a3.png

Well, just connect the LL120 to the Commander Core that comes with the H100i. You don't need an additional commander core XT if you have 5 fans in total

The H100i only has two fans, so you have 4 free RGB slots and 4 free PWM slots to connect 4 fans.

I wonder why people told you that corsair fans wouldn't work on a corsair controller..

That is what I originally did and only the fans on the H100i worked. The LL series moved air but didn't register in ICUE and the RGB lighting didn't work. Was told by a Corsair rep in chat that I think it was ML series fans (on radiator) won't work with LL series fans (on case)  with the base controller that comes with H100i.  I needed the advanced Commander Core XT.

48 minutes ago, Gasden said:

Was told by a Corsair rep in chat that I think it was ML series fans (on radiator) won't work with LL series fans (on case)  with the base controller that comes with H100i.  I needed the advanced Commander Core XT.

This is wrong.  The Commander Core from the AIO kit and the Commander XT are the same controller with one critical difference.  The Commander Core has that wide power cable on the side for the AIO.  The Commander XT drops it and replaces it with an extra LED channel and 2 temp sensor slots.  Both controllers have independent RGB headers and can handle mixed fans.  In CUE, it automatically will split them into groups and you'll see "8 LED fan series" and "LL fan series" with the appropriate number in each.  

When you take the RGB connectors off the Com XT, shutdown the PC and flip the PSU off.  It will take you several minutes to move everything back over.  That's enough time to put the Com Core into reset mode on the next boot.  It should do a deep check for new connections.  If that does not work, you can manually force it to run the RGB wizard on the desktop.  

Does the fan type  order in terms of port 1,2,2 etc on the commander? Plug in the ML (AIO) fans first? LL (case) fans first? Keep the types together or they can be plugged into any port?

Fan order matters for every controller except the Commander Core and XT.  Those two have independent RGB ports.  You do want to keep your fan types together, like LL-LL-LL-ML-ML.  CUE automatically will separate them into groups by fan type, but a deliberate LL-ML-LL-QL-ML-LL kind of thing would be hard to manage.  It also matters for sequential effects, but most lighting effects in CUE are bi-directional so you can flip it with an arrow control in CUE.  Simple explanation is put the one you want to light up first in slot 1 and then move linearly through the case.  

Does the fan type  order in terms of port 1,2,2 etc on the commander? Plug in the ML (AIO) fans first? LL (case) fans first? Keep the types together or they can be plugged into any port?

I switched back to ONLY the controller that came with the H100i AIO and plugged everything in as suggested and I'm getting the original issue where the AIO and it's fans register in ICUE and RGB works but LL fans don't register in ICUE and RGB doesn't work. All fans are moving air not sure if ICUE sees them all and is controlling the speed. Where should LL fans show in ICUE?

image.png.b914bb7ca9aaa78a238afb8529379048.pngd RGB

image.thumb.png.d335b6fc22f8b9d61669a0d5edec8544.pngimage.thumb.png.045ac3c77639612f9b1c2a84123bdf95.png

• Solution

LL fans are old. This is not a version or module error. Under 8 led series, it should have an additional line with 3 LL fans. Go to Lighting setup and see if you can manually configure the controller for 8 led x 2 and LL x 3. 

There is no reason the controller should not detect the LL fans. PWM and RGB are separate functions, so error in one side don’t affect the other. 

***Take the system out of Murals mode right now. That might prevent the initial setup.  

Edited by c-attack

Thanks !!! That worked. Ran the wizard manually and it auto detected all the fans. Only issue now is my 4 memory sticks won't work with ICUE had to return Corsair memory larger RGB area on top of stick won't clear the radiator so had to go with another brand that use RGBFusion.

CUE will not be able to control the RGB from another brand of memory.