Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR RMx SHIFT Series™ 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supplies

Corsair Albert

• Corsair Employee

RM1200x_SHIFT_17.thumb.png.4762a0e12952f9bfa7903fd0c129e253.png

Hey everyone,

We've got an absolutely unique addition to our PSU lineup, the RMx SHIFT Series! On top of being our first Type 5 PSU, the RMx SHIFT sports an innovative design where the modular connections are easier than ever to access. Here are a few quick highlights:

• With the combination of our Type 5 Gen 1 micro-fit cables and the RMx SHIFT's innovative design, cable management and routing is an absolute breeze - especially for future upgrades.
  • Intel® ATX 3.0 Certified, supporting the PCIe Gen 5 platform and ready for the latest and greatest hardware!
  • With a 140mm fan, 105°C-Rated Japanese electrolytic capacitors, and 80 PLUS Gold Certification, the RMx SHIFT is designed and constructed to endure years of use - and we're backing this with a 10-year warranty!

Click the following for more information: RMx SHIFT (750W, 850W, 1000W, 1200W). We've put together a quick FAQ below:

Q: Does the RMx SHIFT PSU come with a 12VHPWR power cable? 

A: Yes, all RMx SHIFT models include a 16-pin (12+4) cable that provides up to 600 watts of power.  You can make sure you're getting the appropriate PSU model (especially wattage) for your system with our PC Builder!

Q: Is the RMx SHIFT PSU compatible with CORSAIR cases? What about non-CORSAIR cases?

• CORSAIR Cases – CORSAIR 220T, 275R, 465x, 500D, 570x, 680x, 1000D, and 4000/5000/7000 Series. 
  • Non-CORSAIR Cases – A minimum 30mm of clearance from connector side of PSU to the back side panel of your case. 

Q: What’s the difference between Type 4 and Type 5 cables? 

A: Type 4 modular connectors are physically larger than then newer Type 5 connectors and are not backwards compatible. You will not be able to use any Type 4 cables on a Type 5 PSU. 

rmxshiftgif.gif.b0fedc518adced53e13382739fb55ef4.gif

Curious to know what you guys think? Is this something you look forward to building with? Let us know!

• Like 2

I know you can't comment on potential future releases, but a shift version of the AX1600i (or bigger), with some 12VHPWR connector goodness......

I would give you money for something like that.  Actual spendable dollars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a cool idea but why is there no USB port for iCue integration? I only see 4 models that have a USB port. AX1500i, AX1600i, HX1000i, HX1500i. Is Corsair phasing out power supplies that can connect to ICUE? 

Who knows, if the concept of side connected PSUs picks up, we may see RMi series come.. or sideways HXi

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 5:56 PM, Corsair Albert said:

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on any potential future releases. However, the feedback will be passed along. 🙂

Yeah, that is something we would all love!  I am doing a 4090 rig, and something greater than 80 PLUS Gold would go a long way.  This idea is already amazing, but a high grade of it would make it that much more amazing.  Platinum and Titanium at 1,200W or higher?  That would be a deal breaker.  Nothing wrong with gold, but I like my PSUs at maximum efficiency.  

• Corsair Employee
On 2/20/2023 at 10:10 AM, risey said:

I have the Corsair 900D, I take it wont fit tidy inside this case as the case was designed for PSU's on their side?

You are correct. 

On 2/26/2023 at 12:43 PM, SpeedyV said:

This is a cool idea but why is there no USB port for iCue integration? I only see 4 models that have a USB port. AX1500i, AX1600i, HX1000i, HX1500i. Is Corsair phasing out power supplies that can connect to ICUE? 

I wouldn't say we're phasing our iCUE integration for our PSUs. The HXi line was recently revised.

On 2/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, LeDoyen said:

Who knows, if the concept of side connected PSUs picks up, we may see RMi series come.. or sideways HXi

I like your thinking!

18 hours ago, ProfessionalGamer said:

Yeah, that is something we would all love!  I am doing a 4090 rig, and something greater than 80 PLUS Gold would go a long way.  This idea is already amazing, but a high grade of it would make it that much more amazing.  Platinum and Titanium at 1,200W or higher?  That would be a deal breaker.  Nothing wrong with gold, but I like my PSUs at maximum efficiency.  

I agree - a Platinum/Titanium efficiency for anything 1000W or above would be pleasant. 🙂

7 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

You are correct. 

I wouldn't say we're phasing our iCUE integration for our PSUs. The HXi line was recently revised.

I like your thinking!

I agree - a Platinum/Titanium efficiency for anything 1000W or above would be pleasant. 🙂

Let's be honest, Corsair will probably make something with this series and side-mounted cables in Platinum/Titanium and above 1,200W most likely later this year.  If this PSU does well, which I hope it does/is, that would be a great option to have a PSU with ATX 3.0 with a design like this in a case.  Anything above 1,200W for overclocking a 4090 and a Platinum at least would be more than enough for me.

Edited by ProfessionalGamer
misspelled words
  • Like 1

Reference video below. Starts at 06:55. Jay mentions that GPUs can only draw 450w of power via PcIE 5.0 on the new 1000W Shift. Can anyone confirm this? I was under the impression that it would be able to draw 600W and I haven't seen any other literature mention this limit. I'm about to purchase the PSU to be used with my 4090, but would like to have some headroom on the PSU in case I need to overclock in the future. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2023 at 3:52 PM, JuicemanJ said:

Is there going to be individually sleeved PSU cable kits available for the RMX Shift? 

Dunno if anyone followed up with your question, but yes, there is a kit out rn for sleeved cables!  

You can find it here:

Corsair Individually Sleeved Cables For The RMX Shift Series.  [$109.99 USD MSRP]

• 1 month later...

Just curious but as this is an ATX 3.0 PSU why is there no native 12VHPWR port ?

BeQuiet, MSI, Asus, Coolermaster, Seasonic, DeepCool, Silverstone and Thermaltake ATX 3.0 PSU's from what I have seen all have a native 12VHPWR port ranging from 750w to 1200w and they all came out around the same time frame as these Shift "ATX 3.0" PSU's, So why not Corsair ?

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this Shift 1200, but I too am baffled that Corsair has decided not to mount a native 12VHPWR connector on the new and innovative PSU.  That was absolutely a deliberate decision.  They have a reason.  But I don't like having to use that split adapter power cable that everyone is freaking out about. I want to go from the 12VHPWR connector on the 4090 to a 12HPWR connector on a PSU.  But, did you hear about the new Be Quiet PSU where that 12VHPWR connector melted at the PSU end last week?  Maybe Corsair doesn't like that connector and thinks NVidia will alter it again.  

Well Nvidia doesn't own the design, its PCI-SIG, and end of last year they were talking of altering the design to adress the melty issues.

If i was Corsair i would wait for the revision, and see how well it resolves the problem before putting 12VHPWR sockets on my PSUs.

the 2 legged cable is less aesthetic, but it has to be safer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Corsair peeps, Is there any chance we could get a few more colour choices for these please ?

"Premium Individually Sleeved 12+4pin PCIe Gen 5 12VHPWR 600W Cable Type 5 Gen 5"

I bought the black one a few days ago for my Shift X PSU but I'd love to be able to buy one of these in green, RGB 255 value level of green 😁

• 1 month later...