Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

• Corsair Employee
15 hours ago, drwtsn32 said:

I went through all troubleshooting steps until they said the keyboard needs to be replaced. They sent me a new keyboard but it has the same problem.

Same story as many people here in this thread.

Either it's an inherent hardware design defect, or a firmware defect.  If it's the latter there's at least hope they will release a firmware update that finally addresses the problem.

But we've been waiting a loooong time.

Given all the information, they'd make the best call and sometimes it's just not that what the solution is, I understand.

-Art

44 minutes ago, Corsair Art said:

I just want to make it clearer that the team is only trying to help, and yes, taking over 24 hours to respond is normal as they all have multitudes of other tickets to also attend to and help with. Let the team member helping you that no fix has worked and that you'd rather not keep trying and they'll give you a solution.

-Art

I understand and I imagine, but in 5 days I've only responded twice, I don't think it's right to leave me waiting. it certainly takes 14 days to replace it.
but put yourself in my shoes, it's the third keyboard I've changed.
I'm sure they already know the problem, why don't they do anything?
I have always bought Corsair for the assistance and quality it had before.
I always thank you I'm not there with you, you do a good job

• Corsair Employee
On 10/13/2023 at 10:04 AM, Superino said:

I understand and I imagine, but in 5 days I've only responded twice, I don't think it's right to leave me waiting. it certainly takes 14 days to replace it.
but put yourself in my shoes, it's the third keyboard I've changed.
I'm sure they already know the problem, why don't they do anything?
I have always bought Corsair for the assistance and quality it had before.
I always thank you I'm not there with you, you do a good job

As mentioned, your ticket has been escalated, during holidays and weekends responses may be delayed a bit more. What would you want the team to do when some are affected and they keep trying to find what may be causing the issue? Do you believe they're ignoring everyone with multiple complaints about the same issue and just replacing keyboards?

Let me know if you need someone else to take a look at your ticket still.

-Art

1 hour ago, Corsair Art said:

As mentioned, your ticket has been escalated, during holidays and weekends responses may be delayed a bit more. What would you want the team to do when some are affected and they keep trying to find what may be causing the issue? Do you believe they're ignoring everyone with multiple complaints about the same issue and just replacing keyboards?

Let me know if you need someone else to take a look at your ticket still.

-Art

I don't doubt what you say, but if I write to them that the third keyboard no longer works, that's all I was told to do, I've done it, I expect them to approve me, to avoid wasting time, then there it takes more than 14 days to get it back.
They haven't responded to me in 5 days, isn't that a bit long?
Come on, it's okay, I kindly ask you if you can let them know
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Is there still no update when this issue will be fixed for good? Changing keyboards over and over again isn't good for the environment. You won't fix it by replacing keyboards - only if you manufacture a complete new revision with a new firmware if you can't manage to fix the current firmware.

Or are you too busy to create cringy videos i've seen poping up on Tiktok lately

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2023 at 8:07 AM, drwtsn32 said:

Mine has been stable since I switched the LED animation to a solid color.  But we shouldn't have to do that!

Can confirm this solved the issue.

I switched to static colour for about two months (since OP posted this), no keyboard freezing. However, the problem came back as soon as I hit effects or preset. (I mean within about 30 mins)

Note that during the static colour, the app crashes 2 - 4 times a week. This rarely happens during the effect or preset colour.

I think, this is done now. We never ever will hear anthing again from this. We bought this buggy beast and there seems to be no will to fix this thing in any way. 
I think in short, i will throw it into the garbage and keep it in mind as the greatest misinvestment, i ever did. I should have send it back, after the bug showed up. It was a great mistake waiting for a fix and hearing to corsairs promises. 

I am pretty sure, this will never fixed.

@Corsair It really is a shame, that it is still sold everywhere. 

• Like 1

Hi, same issue I've been playing 5 years with the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red, since the last 2-year update ever faced this issue rarely I had to unplug and replying to make the keyboard work again. Last week I've decided to upgrade to the Corsair K100 OPX keyboard now I'm facing this issue, almost every hour while gaming…

I sent a ticket to corsair, hope those request that everyone made for this problem will be fixe one day because it hurts to pay around 270 €  for the most expensive keyboard that pretend to be a high end

I also had a k100 with a L key cap that got stucked in blue only.

Got a replacement and has a FW 1.11.34 and keep me asking that there's an update, I do, the keyboard disappear from icue, replug and ask again for the same update, looping endlessly.

Might get the 3rd RMA....

My ticket for this via support ended with them offering me a free replacement keyboard

I made it clear that this wouldn't fix anything, and would be a waste of time and money for both myself and Corsair, as that keyboard - with the newly offered warranty - would have the same issue. This isn't a hardware issue, or an issue with my keyboard specifically. Per this near-500 reply deep thread, this is a software issue, and a replacement isn't going to fix it.

>$200 keyboard by the way.

• Sad 1

Can someone from Corsair please look at this request?

(2006462732)

Thanks, seems like they closed it

Update, I boot windows in safe mode with network, update the fw on the keyboard seems has been fix the fw looping.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 9:33 PM, Totherphoenix said:

this is a software issue

IMO it's either a hardware design flaw in the keyboard, or a firmware problem.

But this is beyond ridiculous that the issue has existed this long without being fixed. They either do not want to, or cannot, fix the root problem.

Changing from color animation to solid color reduces the issue to near zero, but that is just a workaround and not a viable solution.

Support, at most, will send us a new keyboard. They did this for me, but the problem of course is still present.

This issue needs to be escalated to engineering/development.  ( @Corsair Art do you know if that has been done? )

Oh boy.  I should have read this thread prior to ordering a new K100 from Corsair.  WIsh me luck.