Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

2 hours ago, BusPilot said:

This is getting so embarrassing. “Hello guys, create a ticket for a problem that we don’t have any solution, but hey! We can send you a brand new faulty replacement!”

And you gotta pay to ship the broken one to us!

Okay. I suspect - in my case - this bug have something to do with the iCue Nexus. I disconnected the small display, since then, the keyboard is rock stable the full day. No freeze, no hang, no nothing. This is already written in the german forum. 

Might this be a useful info for the developer guys at corsair? I'll keep ya informed. And for what a ticket? Exchange a brand new keyboard for a refurbished one? 🙂

Edited by andreaz70

1 hour ago, andreaz70 said:

Okay. I suspect - in my case - this bug have something to do with the iCue Nexus. I disconnected the small display, since then, the keyboard is rock stable the full day. No freeze, no hang, no nothing. This is already written in the german forum. 

Okay. icue Nexus is not the problem. Got a reset seconds ago. Hell, this is so annoying! 😞

1 hour ago, andreaz70 said:

Might this be a useful info for the developer guys at corsair? I'll keep ya informed. And for what a ticket? Exchange a brand new keyboard for a refurbished one? 🙂

No idea why people still purchase this..  paying $200+ for nothing but frustrations, headache and time wasted troubleshooting this.  If you're still on a return window, You should return it.  I had to use my Chase, buyer's protection for this since I was out of the return window.

2 hours ago, andreaz70 said:

Okay. icue Nexus is not the problem. Got a reset seconds ago. Hell, this is so annoying! 😞

image.png.076cf9279e0170e6eec4eea36a803c8d.png

On 5/30/2023 at 8:20 AM, Corsair Art said:

What's your ticket number?

Please PM me a screenshot of the step where you're stuck in creating a ticket.

-Art

Is there anyway to like get errors from ICUE? Every time I open ICUE with random time intervals it just disconnects.

Okay. Since Corsair ist not able to respond to this and refuse to do a recall of this keyboard, don't care about the problems, their curstomers have, with that keyboard, i think i will send it back. Here is no update in the progress they make, here is no sign of will fixing that bug and i see not any help, except exchanging a faulty keyboard over and over again. Sadly. I love this one. But those reconnects are so damn annoying. I guess i will send it back and chose another brand. It seems, Corsair isn't able to fix this annoying stuff. That damn bug is more than 6 months old and there is not ANY progress. I don't want to pay those bills, for doing NOTHING!

• Corsair Employee
10 hours ago, Exercitus said:

Is there anyway to like get errors from ICUE? Every time I open ICUE with random time intervals it just disconnects.

I'm not with the support team, let me know once you can PM me a screenshot of the step where you're stuck creating the ticket, though.

31 minutes ago, andreaz70 said:

Okay. Since Corsair ist not able to respond to this and refuse to do a recall of this keyboard, don't care about the problems, their curstomers have, with that keyboard, i think i will send it back. Here is no update in the progress they make, here is no sign of will fixing that bug and i see not any help, except exchanging a faulty keyboard over and over again. Sadly. I love this one. But those reconnects are so damn annoying. I guess i will send it back and chose another brand. It seems, Corsair isn't able to fix this annoying stuff. That damn bug is more than 6 months old and there is not ANY progress. I don't want to pay those bills, for doing NOTHING!

Were you told on the ticket there was no update for your case?

-Art

3 minutes ago, Corsair Art said:

I'm not with the support team, let me know once you can PM me a screenshot of the step where you're stuck creating the ticket, though.

Were you told on the ticket there was no update for your case?

-Art

Are you living in a world of tickets? I see no progress in alike 6 months, hm? Isn't it answer enough?

Tickets are great! it really helps having 9 days between responses so you can really soak in the issues no matter if it is this problem or another 

And thats if u even get responses! 

This Art guy sometimes sound like a bot, he completes ignore the fact that everybody already opened a ticket and Corsair wasn’t able to solve the issue! So isn’t about open ticket the problem, is a firmware problem that Corsair is completely unable to solve and simply doesn’t give us any update. I really regreat to buy this keyboard, I will never more spend money on “gaming” peripherals, I should have listened the tech YouTuber guys, never buy “gaming” products, they are all trash. I had to suffer by myself to understand it. Razer is equally trash, next time I will buy a keychron or anything similar. I have the iCue Nexus, K100, a lot of computer components from Corsair, the hardware it’s good, but the peripherals. Shame…..

I bought a K100 a few months ago and had to return it because it kept freezing. I thought it was a fluke, but nope – the second one is having the exact same issues. My keyboard randomly stops working at least once every single day. This is infuriating, especially since it has been going on for so long without any resolution. The worst part is that Corsair hasn't even acknowledged this.

@Corsair Art No one is getting any help from tickets. No one cares enough to show you a screenshot of their ticket either. We're fed up. And no, we're not going to PM you.  You don't understand anything, you keep repeating yourself, and you're not looking to help. All you need to do is create a ticket yourself, get it escalated, and maybe then Corsair will decide to do something about this issue.

• Like 1

My favorite part about the RMA process for this thing is that not only does it seem that they're just sending out the same K100s with earlier firmware (that's still broken) but on top of it you have to pay 30-50 bucks to ship the damn thing to them.

10 months (at least) with no solution in sight, no progress updates, and two firmware versions that have made things worse. Time to see if Steve at GN is up for another exposé as to why these Tech companies refuse to issue recalls on obviously defective hardware, that Asus one seemed to light a fire under their ass.

Just recall the damn board, all Corsair is doing at this point is ruining their reputation.

8 hours ago, Evergrace said:

you have to pay 30-50 bucks to ship the damn thing to them.

In my case I did the advance replacement.  It does charge your card for the full price of the keyboard, but after you return it (with the prepaid label) the full price charge is refunded.

Of course the problem isn't actually resolved, which is pretty ridiculous...... but at least it didn't cost me anything (besides my time).

• Corsair Employee
On 6/2/2023 at 9:44 AM, andreaz70 said:

Are you living in a world of tickets? I see no progress in alike 6 months, hm? Isn't it answer enough?

I'm not, I just forward them if anyone wants to give info on their specifics.

-Art

• Corsair Employee
On 6/3/2023 at 11:19 PM, ZippyAF said:

I bought a K100 a few months ago and had to return it because it kept freezing. I thought it was a fluke, but nope – the second one is having the exact same issues. My keyboard randomly stops working at least once every single day. This is infuriating, especially since it has been going on for so long without any resolution. The worst part is that Corsair hasn't even acknowledged this.

@Corsair Art No one is getting any help from tickets. No one cares enough to show you a screenshot of their ticket either. We're fed up. And no, we're not going to PM you.  You don't understand anything, you keep repeating yourself, and you're not looking to help. All you need to do is create a ticket yourself, get it escalated, and maybe then Corsair will decide to do something about this issue.

If people don't want to help themselves, I just can't do anything either. Seems like there's the misunderstanding that I can even look at tickets or see what specific issues are, or being in the support department. I'd like to help but I'm limited and I'm literally only passing on information for it to be looked at when I get tagged. I'm in marketing, but trying my best to get issues seen.

-Art

1 hour ago, Corsair Art said:

Wenn sich die Leute nicht selbst helfen wollen, kann ich auch einfach nichts tun. Es scheint ein Missverständnis zu geben, dass ich mir überhaupt Tickets ansehen oder sehen kann, um welche konkreten Probleme es sich handelt, oder dass ich in der Support-Abteilung arbeite. Ich würde gerne helfen, aber ich habe nur begrenzte Möglichkeiten und gebe Informationen buchstäblich nur zur Ansicht weiter, wenn ich markiert werde. Ich bin im Marketing tätig, gebe aber mein Bestes, um die Probleme sichtbar zu machen.

-Kunst

@Corsair Art

Wenn sie im Marketing arbeiten, warum nehmen Sie die Tastatur nicht vom Markt bis das Problem endgültig gelöst ist? 

So riskiert ihr nur einen Imageschaden , frustrierte kunden und besonders kunden die eure Produkte meiden.  Ich gehöre so wie es aussieht bald auch dazu...

2 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

If people don't want to help themselves, I just can't do anything either. Seems like there's the misunderstanding that I can even look at tickets or see what specific issues are, or being in the support department. I'd like to help but I'm limited and I'm literally only passing on information for it to be looked at when I get tagged. I'm in marketing, but trying my best to get issues seen.

-Art

A good product sells itself, but a bad product can ruin a brand.
This flagship product has had this issue, recognized by Corsair, since 2020 if you do some digging on this forum. So isn't it about time to go to some higher ups and tell them that "you cannot sell this type of crap product with unresolved serious issues"?

Personally I didn't know before hand that the K100 had issues like this, and before I knew it my father also bought the same keyboard. So now we have 500 euro's worth of K100 OPX keyboards between the two of us with continues random disconnect issues and unrecognized keyboards upon boot, and I have just did a fresh install on both systems.

Next to that I personally also bought the Dark Core RGB Pro SE mouse next to that, and it has terrible standby power management characteristics. If I leave the mouse on for a night I can be sure that the next day the battery will be almost drained.

So in my case the marketing is as such that when you put not one but multiple terrible products on the market that haven't been well programmed, that I as a consumer will turn my back towards Corsair and never look back. I feel scammed for the premium price I feel when the product works as well as something from Wish.com.

In short this CAN NOT GO ON. I don't blame a guy from marketing, but I do demand that you do everything in your power to get someone with authority within Corsair to come into this forum and sort this crap out, even if you have to move your boss and he has to move his boss until we have someone who has enough power to do the sorting.
I don't care if incompetent programmers need to get fired, because if it damages the company than the programmer will be too expensive in more ways than one.

De next option for us as consumers is to ask Steve from Gamers Nexus to spread this out into the open for all the world to see, and I wonder if Corsair wants to get into that position.

One way or another... it is time to fix the K100 keyboard once and for all. Or just take them all back and refund the purchasers of these defective products. After all, even if the hardware isn't defective when the software it needs to operate doesn't function the product is not operating as it should and thus as a whole is to be considered defective.

• Thanks 3

• Corsair Employee
22 hours ago, GermanBernd said:

@Corsair Art

Wenn sie im Marketing arbeiten, warum nehmen Sie die Tastatur nicht vom Markt bis das Problem endgültig gelöst ist? 

So riskiert ihr nur einen Imageschaden , frustrierte kunden und besonders kunden die eure Produkte meiden.  Ich gehöre so wie es aussieht bald auch dazu...

Give me your ticket so I can pass it on.

21 hours ago, LogiForce said:

A good product sells itself, but a bad product can ruin a brand.
This flagship product has had this issue, recognized by Corsair, since 2020 if you do some digging on this forum. So isn't it about time to go to some higher ups and tell them that "you cannot sell this type of crap product with unresolved serious issues"?

Personally I didn't know before hand that the K100 had issues like this, and before I knew it my father also bought the same keyboard. So now we have 500 euro's worth of K100 OPX keyboards between the two of us with continues random disconnect issues and unrecognized keyboards upon boot, and I have just did a fresh install on both systems.

Next to that I personally also bought the Dark Core RGB Pro SE mouse next to that, and it has terrible standby power management characteristics. If I leave the mouse on for a night I can be sure that the next day the battery will be almost drained.

So in my case the marketing is as such that when you put not one but multiple terrible products on the market that haven't been well programmed, that I as a consumer will turn my back towards Corsair and never look back. I feel scammed for the premium price I feel when the product works as well as something from Wish.com.

In short this CAN NOT GO ON. I don't blame a guy from marketing, but I do demand that you do everything in your power to get someone with authority within Corsair to come into this forum and sort this crap out, even if you have to move your boss and he has to move his boss until we have someone who has enough power to do the sorting.
I don't care if incompetent programmers need to get fired, because if it damages the company than the programmer will be too expensive in more ways than one.

De next option for us as consumers is to ask Steve from Gamers Nexus to spread this out into the open for all the world to see, and I wonder if Corsair wants to get into that position.

One way or another... it is time to fix the K100 keyboard once and for all. Or just take them all back and refund the purchasers of these defective products. After all, even if the hardware isn't defective when the software it needs to operate doesn't function the product is not operating as it should and thus as a whole is to be considered defective.

I can do everything in my power and escalate these. Send them directly to me. 

-Art

39 minutes ago, Corsair Art said:

I can do everything in my power and escalate these. Send them directly to me. 

-Art

I understand this the right way, corsair won't do anything about this bug, right? Okay. I understand.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:08 AM, Corsair Art said:

Seems like there's the misunderstanding that I can even look at tickets or see what specific issues are, or being in the support department.

I'm in marketing

I mean no disrespect, and I genuinely appreciate that you have done everything you can, but this is a technical support part of the forum. We need someone from support in here talking with people and gathering information

• Like 1