Corsair Community

Installed H100i pro, now pc won’t work

So after seeing the amd stock cooler was underperforming for the new cod at max graphics, I upgraded to the h100i pro. To fit my case I could only have 1 fan on the radiator because my ram is too tall. Therefore, one fan cable is dangling because there is no ram to connect it to. My pic worked fine with the other fan header looking cable connected to the sata cable unplugged. I plugged it in to the pump header by the cpu and suddenly all of the pcs components and peripherals would turn on, yet my monitor would have no signs from the display port. I unplugged the header after and the same problem persists, despite the cables being in the same orientation as it worked earlier. Any ideas what the cooler has done to my system? Photos are attached if there computer being on but the display has no signal.

963C06EB-C075-4F8B-97BA-24CBB6996AE5.jpeg

0CC9F2D7-B2A2-46DE-BFBF-5B5CF20E566E.jpeg

• Corsair Employee

So after seeing the amd stock cooler was underperforming for the new cod at max graphics, I upgraded to the h100i pro. To fit my case I could only have 1 fan on the radiator because my ram is too tall. Therefore, one fan cable is dangling because there is no ram to connect it to. My pic worked fine with the other fan header looking cable connected to the sata cable unplugged. I plugged it in to the pump header by the cpu and suddenly all of the pcs components and peripherals would turn on, yet my monitor would have no signs from the display port. I unplugged the header after and the same problem persists, despite the cables being in the same orientation as it worked earlier. Any ideas what the cooler has done to my system? Photos are attached if there computer being on but the display has no signal.

963C06EB-C075-4F8B-97BA-24CBB6996AE5.jpeg

0CC9F2D7-B2A2-46DE-BFBF-5B5CF20E566E.jpeg

Hey there, So sorry for the delay and the issue you are having. I am converting this to a ticket so we can get some more information and pictures. The single wire (4 pin) tach cable should be connected to CPU fan one. However it sounds like something is currently preventing your PC from posting. Please try unplugging the system and resetting the CMOS VIA battery method and re seating the ram modules. If the issue persist please provide as many pictures as possible.