Corsair Community

Using Corsair 12pin gpu cable on 4090

I have a Corsair 1000rmx psu, and a gigabyte 4090. I don’t like using the cable nvidia provided, and ordered the Corsair cable but didn’t know there were 2 different cables. I ordered the braided one that’s rated up to 450 watts. Then after I had ordered it I found out there’s a 600watt cable but it’s out of stock. Will the 450watt one work? Has anyone tried it?

• 3 weeks later...

That is a 12 Pin connector the 4090 uses a 16 Pin connector. 4 Pins are used for communication about how much power it can pull. Unfortunaltly it is the wrong cable. Like me you will have to wait until Corsair releases the 16 pin 12VHPWR to Dual 8-Pin Type-4 Cables. Or until our cards burn up whichever comes first :-(

Be Quiet is already shipping its cables, but Corsair looks like is looking for a way to profit on this, maybe force PSU upgrade by not suppling the necessary accessories.  It's a Cable! It's been already shipped to some people, so the production is in place, the only reason i see for that cable not being available is Corsair deliberately not providing them. Think, better to sell a PSU to everybody then to sell a cable. But I am thinking to start making this cable myself, it's not hard. The Type-4 connector is 12V top 4pins Neutral bottom 4 pins, EASY!! The 12VHPWR is a bit more complicated but for 50€ a piece i won't mind spending my weekends on that. 

@LeDoyen thanks a lot! I see it’s been out of stock and no notice when it will be available. Anyways, here in Switzerland, all 4090 rtx models are unavailable without a delivery date just like the 3090 rtx when it was released back in 2020.

So we’re lagging 2 years behind the rest of the world 😂. I got two rtx 3090 and I know I will only be able to buy the 4090 rtx right before the release of the 5090 rtx. So I still have time to get the Corsair adapter cable.