Corsair Community

iCue + Quad Channel not detecting all stick

I'm fairly new to iCue but have managed to get most things working right. I have an Asus x99-S and updated my ram to Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8GB. I have it in quad channel mode, in slot A1, B1, C1, D1.  I had to enable SDP write in bios but iCue can only find 2 out of 4 stick. C1 and D1 are not detected but if I place all for slots in Dual Channel (A1, A2, B1, B2) all 4 sticks are detected and everything is good.

Does anyone know how I can get it to all sticks to be found in Quad mode? and what would happen if I got another 4x8 kit and populated the other slots?

BUMP

It's hard to say from our end and there won't be many of us still on X99 boards.  However, without a doubt the X99 platform was difficult for RGB RAM.  I deliberately waited until after I moved to a new platform before buying my first set.  As you noted SPD write needs to be enabled, but there are some odd motherboard specific hang ups.  I would contact Corsair Support from the link at the bottom of the page to see if there is a specific issue for your RAM model and that motherboard.  

As a possible workaround, what happens if you tell CUE you have all 8 slots populated?  Do you get control over the 4 real sticks?  It might make it hard to do complex individual LED or sequential effects, but most of them will work in a normal fashion.