Corsair Community

K95 Platinum RGB LED replacement

I have a K95 that is a few years old, and a couple of the leds have died. I can't figure out what kind of smd led these use to get a replacement, as I can't send it in under warranty at this point since it's too old and I've already repaired some broken switches myself. Can anyone point me to the right part? I can fix it if I could source the exact part but it's been near impossible to find an answer from the searching I've done.

• 3 months later...

It's been a couple of months, did you manage to find the model that they use?

I'm having the same problem, able to repair it, but unable to find the damn part..

My own K95 Platinum has started to mess up on me, some of the LEDs are lacking the green color sometimes, randomly choosing whether it'll work or not, and as the days pass by, more of them exhibit this behaviour.

Can't RMA it either. :<

Edited by PleaseFillOutThisField
Forgot to mention something.

• 1 year later...

So if you have not found a resolution to this, I will supply the led part number. My corsair k95 xt platinum has been amazing. Till the cord became damaged inside. Not sure how but there is no external damage to it/ My guess is cheap chinese wire. However, I am also experiencing dead leds (just 2 keys and the same color which is wild! Its blue, that doesnt work. 

Anyhow, the leds are 0603 RGB 6 pin. I ordered mine from AliExpress.

100PCS 0603 SMD LED RGB red+green+blue 0606 full color LEDs 1616 0.06W 20mA for Corsair keyboard K65/K90/K70 6 pin chip leds (aliexpress.us)

I am planning on altering the keyboard by removing all the switches, installing millmax sockets, foillowed by new cherry mx switches. The keyboard is very solid and great quality. Just disappointed in the led issue and the cable issue. It started failing just outside the warranty period and was told sorry.