Corsair Community

Be aware: May 10, 2022—W11 KB5013943 CU may brake Corsair ICUE service and other services too for apps.

Hello everyone,

Today I updated my PC to May 10, 2022—KB5013943 and the update went smoothly but after the restart, I found the Corsair ICUE app was not working well

not showing temps and kept getting notification errors in ICUE.

I checked it and the Corsair service is not working at all I tried to restart the service and start it manually didn't work and got this error:

image.png.0f2a31c3f3a1fb8fff42f46de12346a6.png

and here is the troubleshooting I did:

• sfc /scannow
  • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • Creating ServicesPipeTimeout in regedit
  • Tried to install the Corsair ICUE again (installation will stop at 77%)

Finally, I managed to make it work again by uninstalling KB5013943 from my PC and the app and other services worked again.

Edited by Ali-S
  • Like 1

• Corsair Employee

What version of iCUE did you have installed? Did you try to perform the clean uninstall/install instructions in the link below?

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

52 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

What version of iCUE did you have installed? Did you try to perform the clean uninstall/install instructions in the link below?

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Latest version v4.23.137 and i tried to do clean install by removing every corsair folder from C drive and regedit but didn't help

While installing ICUE it will stop at 77% since it's trying to start Corsair service but it failed and i get this error: Service 'Corsair Service' (CorsairService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

But after i uninstalled Windows update everything worked as normal again.

Edited by Ali-S

I am just seeing this, but from Microsoft...  

"After installing this update, Windows devices that use certain GPUs might cause apps to close unexpectedly or cause intermittent issues that affect some apps that use Direct3D"

CUE is one of those apps.  They have a "fix" listed on their changelog, but it seems a bit clouded.

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

I am just seeing this, but from Microsoft...  

"After installing this update, Windows devices that use certain GPUs might cause apps to close unexpectedly or cause intermittent issues that affect some apps that use Direct3D"

CUE is one of those apps.  They have a "fix" listed on their changelog, but it seems a bit clouded.

That's a different issue, mine is the services issue like ICUE 

no problems here with that update and iCue 4.18.

same, no problems here with that update and iCue 4.22.

I can confirm after installing Windows 11 update KB5013943, the Corsair Service would fail to start.

Uninstalled ICUE, cleaned folders and system of any ICUE leftovers, Rebooted and Re-Installed ICUE_4.23.137 and on reaching 77% the install hung for a minute and then ICUE popped up "Corsair Service failed".

Tried to install ICUE with Administration privileges (as I installed Windows 11 on a local account instead of signing in to a Microsoft account, due to their excessive Data Collection practices these days with Windows 11),... Anyway, moving on, right clicking on the iCUESetup_4.23.137 would not show any options to install with Administration privileges though these options do show up on other installers, Just not on ICUE.

Anyway, no luck with getting Corsair ICUE to work on Windows 11 after installing KB5013943,... So I came here and tried Ali-S approach and this worked for me after Uninstalling KB5013943.

I think I'll wait for a Corsair or Microsoft fix.

Thanks Ali-S

Edited by Alienmoon

6 hours ago, Alienmoon said:

I can confirm after installing Windows 11 update KB5013943, the Corsair Service would fail to start.

Uninstalled ICUE, cleaned folders and system of any ICUE leftovers, Rebooted and Re-Installed ICUE_4.23.137 and on reaching 77% the install hung for a minute and then ICUE popped up "Corsair Service failed".

Tried to install ICUE with Administration privileges (as I installed Windows 11 on a local account instead of signing in to a Microsoft account, due to their excessive Data Collection practices these days with Windows 11),... Anyway, moving on, right clicking on the iCUESetup_4.23.137 would not show any options to install with Administration privileges though these options do show up on other installers, Just not on ICUE.

Anyway, no luck with getting Corsair ICUE to work on Windows 11 after installing KB5013943,... So I came here and tried Ali-S approach and this worked for me after Uninstalling KB5013943.

I think I'll wait for a Corsair or Microsoft fix.

Thanks Ali-S

There is a workaround to fix this issue, after updating the windows you need to re-enable .NET Framework 3.5 and the Windows Communication Foundation, here are the steps:

Open Command Prompt (run as administrator) and running the following commands:

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-HTTP-Activation
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-NonHTTP-Activation

Or

By searching for Windows Features and re-enable .NET Framework 3.5 and press on the "+" sign and select both Windows Communication Foundation HTTP and NonHTTP

• Thanks 1

Yeah, with just installing windows 11 this week, I forgot to set it to manual updates, so I woke up this morning to a rebooted rig.

Logged in and found windows had re-installed the update and ICUE service was failing again.

So I enabled .NET Framework 3.5 you mention above and rebooted, all is now working just fine again.

So, Thanks again Pal.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Same problem here.

Windows 11 with all updates installed.

Tried installing iCue 4.24.193

Halts at 59% gives error: Service Corsair failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I am logged in as Adminstrator.

Tried above mentioned fix:

Does not work for me.

Anyone have suggestions? Been stuck on this for 2 hours now.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:40 AM, Mattie72 said:

Same problem here.

Windows 11 with all updates installed.

Tried installing iCue 4.24.193

Halts at 59% gives error: Service Corsair failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I am logged in as Adminstrator.

Tried above mentioned fix:

Does not work for me.

Anyone have suggestions? Been stuck on this for 2 hours now.

Searching for Windows Features and re-enable .NET Framework 3.5 and press on the "+" sign and select both Windows Communication Foundation HTTP and NonHTTP