Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

hello I received my h100i lcd today I installed the watercolling, so I have several problems the lcd screen displays an exclamation mark in red and in the icue software I see the core commander instead of the pump and I have no light around the pump but  I have on the fans

Capture d’écran (2).png

Capture d’écran (4).png

11 hours ago, Power2108 said:

hello I received my h100i lcd today I installed the watercolling, so I have several problems the lcd screen displays an exclamation mark in red and in the icue software I see the core commander instead of the pump and I have no light around the pump but  I have on the fans

Capture d’écran (2).png

Capture d’écran (4).png

The first big troubleshooting check is the 24pin in the commander core.  Page 8 has a picture of how secure it should look.  Pretty much flush.

The second big one is the usb connection to the motherboard.  The kit comes with a 2:1 Y cable to connect the pump and command core to the same motherboard usb head.  don't use that.  Have the two on separate usb heads.

Did the LCD cover come off the pump at all while you were getting the system built?  It may need to be checked to ensure the LCD cap is fit properly to make sure it is connected to the pump housing.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:54 PM, FlashMastaB said:

If the intention was to not have all or most of the screens rotate then I would say the future plans section outlining rotation was added in bad faith.  Virtually no one reading that would assume that it was only for still images and GIFs.  For those of us that have the pump installed "upside down" the best features of the LCD screen are unusable.  No where in the product page or installation documentation does it say anything to the effect of "if you install this LCD kit any way but this way then you're wasting your money".

In my case the best way to install was apparently the wrong way and I'm not screwing up the overall look of my machine because your company put out an unfinished product.  We shouldn't be beta testers.

I agree, it was never said that they only intended for Images/GIFS to be rotated. It was safe to assume based off of previous posts that it would be for all screens. Anyone can flip an image/gif and save it, so that feature I didn't care about in iCue. The far more important feature was flipping the other information screens...

4 hours ago, seikojin said:

Le premier gros contrôle de dépannage est le 24 broches dans le noyau du commandant. La page 8 montre à quel point il devrait être sécurisé. À peu près au ras.

Le deuxième grand est la connexion USB à la carte mère. Le kit est livré avec un câble en Y 2:1 pour connecter la pompe et le noyau de commande à la même tête USB de la carte mère. ne l'utilisez pas. Avoir les deux sur des têtes USB séparées.

Le couvercle de l'écran LCD s'est-il détaché de la pompe pendant que vous construisiez le système ? Il peut être nécessaire de vérifier pour s'assurer que le capuchon LCD est correctement ajusté pour s'assurer qu'il est connecté au boîtier de la pompe.

and how do i do if i only have a usb port on my motherboard ?

1 hour ago, Power2108 said:

and how do i do if i only have a usb port on my motherboard ?

That part isn’t correct, mine didn’t work (red triangle) when it was plugged into two separate usb headers on the motherboard but worked when I used the splitter so that makes absolutely no difference. 

1 hour ago, Parksie said:

Cette partie n'est pas correcte, la mienne ne fonctionnait pas (triangle rouge) lorsqu'elle était branchée sur deux en-têtes USB distincts sur la carte mère, mais fonctionnait lorsque j'utilisais le séparateur, ce qui ne fait absolument aucune différence. 

so I don't know how to do for the red triangle I have tried all of them and also the core commender is displayed in the software instead of the pump

Capture d’écran (2).png

Capture d’écran (4).png

7 hours ago, Parksie said:

That part isn’t correct, mine didn’t work (red triangle) when it was plugged into two separate usb headers on the motherboard but worked when I used the splitter so that makes absolutely no difference. 

It is literally a supported troubleshooting step.  So it is a thing.

Item 2 from the initial post:

LCD is not recognized when connecting Commander CORE, LCD Module, and another USB RGB Controller (e.g. Commander CORE XT) to internal motherboard USBs.

• This is related to both specific designs of internal USB hubs and the bandwidth needs of the Commander CORE (non-XT) and will be fixed with a new firmware that reduces the amount of USB endpoints required by the device.
  • The firmware update for Commander CORE will also include an update to the protocol we use to send data points from the PC to the LCD that should increase reliability and reduce the frequency of the red triangle error (aka General Fault), in addition to us fixing Issue #1.
  • Temporary Solution: Run an adapter that allows you to plug one of the three devices into the rear motherboard I/O port. (e.g. Internal to external adapter)
  • Issue Type: Firmware (Commander CORE)
  • Release Timeframe: Mid-March 2022 -> April 22, 2022

6 hours ago, Power2108 said:

so I don't know how to do for the red triangle I have tried all of them and also the core commender is displayed in the software instead of the pump

Capture d’écran (2).png

If you click once on the command core, it should move a bit with some menu options.  Check settings and firmware version.  Also if you use the settings gear in the upper right and check updates, what icue version does it show.  If you go there, it should show the versions of the firmware for each corsair device connected.  Make sure those are all updated.  I know for me, I had command core showing only, did the updates, THEN I unplugged my machine while it was off, held the power button for 15 seconds (to discharge any held power that could preserve anything), plugged it back in and powered it on.  Since then, I had the LCD and not command core, lost the red bang triangle, however no control over the screen on it.

1 hour ago, seikojin said:

It is literally a supported troubleshooting step.  So it is a thing.

Item 2 from the initial post:

Strange how mine’s worked absolutely fine with full control of the screen etc for 5 months and through numerous iCue updates using the splitter, whereas I had the red triangle when it was plugged into separate USB ports 🤔

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Parksie said:

Strange how mine’s worked absolutely fine with full control of the screen etc for 5 months and through numerous iCue updates using the splitter, whereas I had the red triangle when it was plugged into separate USB ports 🤔

Cool?  I am just trying to help people having problems who are asking questions.  The user posted a problem, asked some questions, I posted some info and let them do their thing.

ok so here it is. I'm happy to announce that i have fixed my LCD screen issue.  Mine was stuck in default temp readout. By not using to "Y splitter" and plugging directly into to MOBO iCue has recognized the screen, offered updates for it and i can now add GIF's, images etc to it. here is the pertinent parts in my system. 

-Asus Prime X570-P MOBO

-Corsair RGB 220T case 

-Corsair Commander Core 

for the fix the preinstalled lighting node core that comes with the case was bypassed and the case fans were ran to a commander core that came with my cooler. My build has 6 RGB fans and the commander core has 6 slots so it worked out nicely. Originally I was using the lighting node for 2 of my fans (why i dont know) and running its usb cable to the MOBO. The commander core had 3 fans/rgb cables running to it (again why i dont know) I was splitting the usb from the commander core and the LCD display and running it into a usb port on my MOBO.  IMO i believe there is too much info trying to pass through 1 port when using the "Y" splitter that came with the LCD upgrade kit.

So to recap i ditched the lighting node which freed up a usb slot on my MOBO, plugged all my fans/rgb cables into the commander core, used the commander core usb ran it directly to the usb port on my MOBO, ran the usb cable from the LCD kit directly to the newly opened slot on my MOBO and ditched the "Y" cable the kit came with and that fixed it.  Hope that makes sense if anyone has questions shoot me a message or drop a comment here I'll try and explain it better.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.08.02 - 10.56.55.63.png

Desktop Screenshot 2022.08.02 - 10.56.47.69.png

• Like 1

I updated to the latest LCD Firmware and I am glad you guys added the ability to rotate image/gif.  But someone messed something up in the firmware.  I am getting these lines on the bottom of the LCD.  If I force flash the LCD firmware, sometimes less show, sometimes more show.  I think they started showing up when I uploaded a new gif.

Also not happy you guys removed Arc from the Ring Saved Library.  You should of added Arc to the Ring Effects,  not sure what the issue was with it was before but I never had any issues with the Arc effect on the ring.

20220803_115309.jpg

• Corsair Employee
9 hours ago, Pheelix said:

I updated to the latest LCD Firmware and I am glad you guys added the ability to rotate image/gif.  But someone messed something up in the firmware.  I am getting these lines on the bottom of the LCD.  If I force flash the LCD firmware, sometimes less show, sometimes more show.  I think they started showing up when I uploaded a new gif.

Also not happy you guys removed Arc from the Ring Saved Library.  You should of added Arc to the Ring Effects,  not sure what the issue was with it was before but I never had any issues with the Arc effect on the ring.

20220803_115309.jpg

Can you try creating a new profile to see if the lines disappear? If that doesn't remedy it, please get a ticket open with our support so they may look into this and help troubleshoot.

The Arc lighting effect should only be offered in Hardware Lighting.

So, I finally bought a 3rd unit after returning 2 h170i elite capellix with LCD, and just butt myself an h170i Elite and ordered a LCD screen upgrade kit separately, after installing the new radiator, fans and the commander core I now have a working LCD screen, maybe the commander core with the normal h170i wasn't defective and the last two were, cuz it's working flawlessly now.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:39 PM, Redminchuna said:

Hello friends, have you been struggling with your Elite LCD screen? Have you triple checked all your connections, followed all the advice in this forum, and still getting "red triangle of death" or the screen working momentarily on boot / forced software update? Are you closing and reopening iCue just to display the changes to the Hardware Screen? Or intermittently working from power cycling? Other strange issues, and thinking of an RMA? I was suffering all of these problems on a brand new build, and became worried after browsing this thread, but Majestic12 on page 8 delivered the solution with pictures.

implore you to once again check the 24 pin connector into the Commander CORE! It plugs in a lot further than you would expect, in fact it was the single hardest connection to fully seat in my life. Find a little piece of metal to push the plug to the bottom, it nearly bottoms out in the Commander CORE.

I wonder how many RMAs have occurred because an extremely tight socket for this plug? Corsairs probably getting all these perfectly good AIOs returned and they are scratching their heads because the Commander CORE on their test bench has been well used and easy to fully seat the connection.

All credit to Majestic12 on Page 8, and please do post if this has helped you! 

So I get the red tringale from time to time. I can play around with the power, reinstall all that it would work for a bit then back to the red triangle. I read your post and said this guys crazy. Its past midnight I pull off my side panel with my PC on (getting brave) I can see the red triangle. so with all my might I push in the 24 pin connector and I saw it move a hair. I'm thinking to myself this isn't going to do anything. I go to sit in my chair I look at my PC and the LCD started showing my GIF.

TLDR; PUSH AS HARD AS YOU CAN ON THAT 24 pin.

Thank you Sir

Edited by DroidKid

On 27.07.2022 at 21:19, Corsair Nick said:

Хотел сообщить вам всем краткую информацию. Как вы видели, мы выпустили iCUE 4.25.155 и 4.26.110 за последние пару недель, и мы включили некоторые исправления и улучшения. iCUE 4.25.155 должен улучшить функциональность для большинства из вас, поскольку он удалил проверку серийного номера, которую мы описали ранее в теме. Это не было явно указано в примечаниях к выпуску, но оно было включено.

Если вы продолжаете испытывать проблемы с обнаружением или ошибками (оранжевый треугольник) после обновления до последней версии iCUE и выполнения шагов по устранению неполадок, описанных в первом сообщении, мы рекомендуем вам обратиться в службу поддержки, чтобы начать процесс RMA. Вы можете отправить заявку по ссылке ниже, и один из агентов технической поддержки поможет вам с заменой устройства:

https://support.corsair.com/

С выпуском iCUE 4.26.110 мы расширили функциональность, позволив клиентам поворачивать загруженные ими пользовательские изображения и GIF-файлы. Я передал предложения некоторых из вас о расширении этого до экранов по умолчанию нашим внутренним командам для оценки. Если появятся какие-либо обновления, мы обязательно сообщим вам об этом.

Well, what, for example, should people do who cannot return a faulty screen to you? It seems to me that I just spent a lot of money (for Russia) and get a denial of warranty service

For those waiting for Corsair to release an update to rotate the animations and not just the photos/gifs I would recommend just biting the bullet and rotate the pump head  and radiator yourself.

I just did mine and while I preferred the way it looked with the tubing on the opposite side I was actually able to get a good improvement in my temps on my 5950x as I cleaned off the factory thermal paste and put on some Noctua paste. All in all it took me only 30 mins and I am now happy with how things look and work. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tried2Fail said:

For those waiting for Corsair to release an update to rotate the animations and not just the photos/gifs I would recommend just biting the bullet and rotate the pump head  and radiator yourself.

I just did mine and while I preferred the way it looked with the tubing on the opposite side I was actually able to get a good improvement in my temps on my 5950x as I cleaned off the factory thermal paste and put on some Noctua paste. All in all it took me only 30 mins and I am now happy with how things look and work. 

I wish I could do that.  I have an Asus Strix Z690-I and the M.2 stack makes it impossible for me to rotate the whole pump head since the tube outlets won't have enough space there.

I guess my LCD Kit's troubles aren't over yet 🙂
Previously on Corsair LCD Season 1:
I got the thing working after numerous iCue updates, 4.26 did the job.
Using provided USB splitter (one for LCD, one for Commander Core a.k.a. CC) everything worked fine
MB USB header -> USB 9 pin to 9 pin splitter cable (F-2M) -> CC
                                                                                                                    -> LCD

Then I got this internal USB 2.0 hub https://www.amazon.com/LINASHI-Adapter-Magnetic-Expansion-Board/dp/B08D5ZQTT7?th=1
The idea was to plug
1) Corsair 115 Elite Capellix w LCD KIT,
2) Corsair Commander Core hub (CC),
3) Corsair RM750i PSU's signal cord (to read PSU wattage, etc)
into the USB 9 pin hub and finally read wattage from PSU and display it on AIO LCD along with temps. However, once again iCue was unable to detect LCD kit but this time CC was also not accessible in iCue.

Here is what I've done:

Trial 1.
Setup: MB USB header -> single USB 9 pin to 9 pin cable (F-F) -> USB hub -> PSU Signal, CC, PSU
Result: PSU is visible (and properly accessible) in iCue, CC and LCD Kit are not

Trial 2:
Setup: MB USB header -> USB 9 pin to 9 pin splitter cable (F-2M) -> F-F cable -> USB hub -> PSU Signal, CC                                    
                                                                                                                                   -> LCD
Result: none of the 3 devices are visible or accessible in iCue

Random troubleshooting facts:
1) My MB has a single USB 9 pin header, so I have to use these hubs or splitters
2) USB hub is working (I've got two of them and tried both with same result)
3) Each of 3 discussed Corsair devices are working separately, but I can't get them to work together via a hub which is also working.
4) Although LCD is not detected in iCue, it is working with default Hardware Screen image being shown (no red triangles, etc). The problem is that actual measurements are not shown.
5) I haven't tried to swap LCD for original pump's cover because I own a Corsair 280X small form factor build and these trials require Graphics card removal and suffling the backyard cables. But I can do them if needed.

Paraphrasing Leo Tolstoi, "all working Corsair AIO LCDs are alike; each malfunctioning Corsair AIO LCD is malfunctioning in its own way"

• Corsair Employee

@seikojin@makumazan84

As of right now, there is no official updates coming in the next release of iCUE.  We are recommending that users still experiencing issues contact Support for an RMA to exchange the unit.  If additional software/firmware updates are released, we'll continue to notify the community.  Please reference the post below for the messaging from a few weeks ago.