Corsair Community

iCue no longer showing CPU Temp Sensors

Started up my computer today and my temp sensor for my CPU stopped working.  Noticed it when my nexus wasn't updating CPU temp, after some investigating the sensor is not showing up in iCue at all.  Coincidentally my motherboard is also no longer showing up in iCue.  Both of these things were present and working last night.  HWInfo/Ryzen Master/Core Temp all show the CPU temp sensor if I open them up (I normally don't run them except for specific instances and then shut them down after). 

Nothing has changed on my system from last night when it was working at shutdown to this morning when I started my system.  I have tried doing a repair of iCue, I have tried doing a reinstall of iCue.  I have made sure Synapse is not running and does not run at startup.  There isn't any reason I can think of why the CPU sensor would just vanish.  iCue currently shows the sensor for Commander Pro, 3090, and Vengeance Pro but that's it.

At present, it's not uncommon for the dashboard to reset.  Anything pinned to that will disappear and non-Corsair values like GPU or MB values (including CPU temp) may drop from other devices like the Nexus or report as 0.00 C.  Unfortunately, all you can do it add them back.  However, while this happens regularly to me, the CPU temp and core activity do not drop from my Nexus.  It's possible this is a different bug.  By chance, did you pull the CPU temp data out of the large MB group box so it has its own graph space?

Run a repair install of CUE if you can't add the MB back.  Try turning on debug logging in the CUE settings.   If it drops again, generate an export log that can be sent to Corsair Support.  

I got it working by going into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software" and starting "Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe"

They must've changed something somewhere so that doesn't start when the pc does. Gonna be annoying to start this by hand every time you restart the computer though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

That should start automatically.  Try a "repair install" from the Windows Settings/Apps menu if it happens again.  That may fix it without any further fuss.  If not, then you may need to do the full clean install.  Make sure you export any valuable profiles before that.  

Its confirmed, everyone is having the same issue with the sensors missing. Just simply follow this path and start this EXE 
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software and then locate this towards the bottom,  "Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe" Once you open it, after a few secs, it will complete its startup after it complains about the SDK not being initialized, then bam, you can continue to safely use your pc with out over heating. 

I'd also recommend making a shortcut until the next ICU is released. 
I do however think its un-related to CORSAIR, I received a windows update last night and this happened... to further confirm my theory, I downgraded to 3.4 (The version i had before coincidentally upgrading last night) and even after a clean install of this version, I continue to have this issue. 

I hope Corsair/windows can find some kind of mutually agreeable solution to this. Enjoy your work around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I can't possibly be the only one who's had this much trouble and this many issues right? I love the stuff and the ecosystem is great when it works...but the amount of time I have to fight with bugs, issues, and work arounds is becoming ridiculous...and sure enough like with Ryzen 5000 it'll be probably a few months before a fix🙃

Looks like there's still one more problem. I followed you and it worked, but it seems that the RPM I have customized, it doesn't sense the CPU temperature, the RPM it just runs fixed 840 - 860 RPM doesn't increase even though the CPU temperature high or low. Does anyone know how to fix it? Please help me.

Actually, I have had zero issues with ICU recently, Version 3 and up have been a blessing. I was even on Windows 11, and never had any issues.... I just recently downgraded so that I could have a better experience with VR lol.....I have been running corsair pumps since their first model, and running corsairs first software was honestly the worst for me. Windows updates break ICU a lot, but dont worry, it has a default over heat protection, and will always keep it from hitting too high of a temp even if you are not looking. I say all of that to say, you are still protected regardless of being able to control the pump, but you dont want to do any crazy overclocking without setting it up/controlling it. 

Use Driver Booster to update every driver you can "EXCEPT" the video drivers, always use the platform designed for the GPU to update them. Also, just a tip, with as much reinstalling some people have to do, I recommend always exporting your settings for ICU lol.

Have the exact same problem. What is even worse is that all my custom fan profiles for Gaming were based on GPU sensor info which is now gone - All I can see are H100i, 6 SSD temps, and 14 Asus Rog Strix sensors numbered 1-14 with no other descriptions

I find it very suspicious that this has happened to so many people at the same time. 

It's happened to me too. 

I started up the PC today and ICEU can no longer detect any sensors. It nearly burnt my PC out. I uninstalled ICEU, tried older versions, nothing works. I cleared the registry. Nothing works. Eventually I checked out this forum topic and sure enough the suggested fix works. What is going on Corsair. Can we have a permanent fix to this urgently???

It happened to me too. I leave my computer on 24/7. I also have Windows 10 updates paused. iCue was working just fine last night. This morning I am missing my CPU and my GPU. I don't think it's a Windows update since I have mine paused. Does anyone know how to get my GPU temps/fans back in iCue? The above work around is working for my CPU but not my GPU.

Edited by ram1220

Well I must admit the times to not correspond to the update. The update for me was on the 15th yet I was running the PC on the 16th just fine. It was today the 17th that everything went wrong. The PC had been reset at 2am on the 17th and was working fine. It was some time half way through the 17th that the problem happened. Now it just will not work without manually running the Service routine. 

I have also tried several different version of iCEU going back to 3.17.94 and none of the work. It does smack of some system change. 

Edited by Pocah

Yea this one has me scratching my head. I wish Corsair would chime in here with an idea or two. I am also running Windows 11 on a seperate SSD in this computer. I have the same issue in iCue in Windows 11 as I do in Windows 10.

Edited by ram1220

Mine is now working again. Running the service manually seemed to do something to iceu itself and it is now running correctly even when I reset the PC.

I would appreciate some comment from Corsair though this is actually really worrying. A random total failure of iCEU could completely destroy my PC. 

There should be some sort of check on iCEU that alarms if there something has drastically changed. 

Install the latest version

The problem was happening on all versions today for some reason, except the latest. If you install the latest version it corrects the problem. This has sorted the issue on two out of my three PC's. If you hear no more from me then it worked on the third too! 

Mine still isn't working. I can get the CPU and GPU listed now but the info is frozen. It never changes. So something is still messed up.

13 hours ago, y4h3ll said:

Actually, I have had zero issues with ICU recently, Version 3 and up have been a blessing. I was even on Windows 11, and never had any issues.... I just recently downgraded so that I could have a better experience with VR lol.....I have been running corsair pumps since their first model, and running corsairs first software was honestly the worst for me. Windows updates break ICU a lot, but dont worry, it has a default over heat protection, and will always keep it from hitting too high of a temp even if you are not looking. I say all of that to say, you are still protected regardless of being able to control the pump, but you dont want to do any crazy overclocking without setting it up/controlling it. 

Use Driver Booster to update every driver you can "EXCEPT" the video drivers, always use the platform designed for the GPU to update them. Also, just a tip, with as much reinstalling some people have to do, I recommend always exporting your settings for ICU lol.

My issues haven't been solely iCue based unfortunately...I wish! I have 6 LL120 fans in my system, 3 ML120 (non rgb) on my H150i Pro XT cooler. The RGB on the CPU cooler had numerous issues displaying correctly when new, but a miraculous iCue update fixed it (though it took probably 6 iterations of it to be fixed). Ryzen 5000 temperature issues off launch, and a ton of issues with LL120 fans and the RGB syncing/working. The first issue is the lighting node that came with one of the 3 pack kits ended up failing after probably 4-6 months, Corsair sent me via RMA a whole kit of fans with another defective lighting node. I sent it back and waited for it to be in stock for purchase stand alone and finally bought it and solved the issue. Now another maybe 6 months later I'm having the same issues with the fan RGB not syncing so I can only assume the lighting node has failed again, on top of the iCue temperature issues🙄

On 12/16/2021 at 7:08 PM, trued2 said:

I got it working by going into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software" and starting "Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe"

They must've changed something somewhere so that doesn't start when the pc does. Gonna be annoying to start this by hand every time you restart the computer though.

This made mine start working also. Used to work good on its own until I installed windows 10 updates

16 hours ago, Quoc Sa said:

Looks like there's still one more problem. I followed you and it worked, but it seems that the RPM I have customized, it doesn't sense the CPU temperature, the RPM it just runs fixed 840 - 860 RPM doesn't increase even though the CPU temperature high or low. Does anyone know how to fix it? Please help me.

if your running the "Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe" as trued2 and y4h3ll has stated make sure you dont close it or the CPU% and Temp get locked at their current values

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2