Corsair Community

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB Timing

Trying to figure out the Timings on these, listed as 38-38-38-84  but when I run memest86 v9.2 that's built into the motherboard bios on AsusZ690-E it shows

40-40-40-77 is that because i'm running it @ the default speed (4800) and not overclocked ?  Memory Model CMT32GX5M2B5200C38

Edited by robmp11

40-40-40-77 is the default JEDEC speed for all DDR5 modules. In order to activate the XMP preset timings encoded on the RAM, you must turn on XMP in the BIOS. On Asus boards it treats it like a separate tuning mode. Advanced BIOS -> AI Tweaker/Tuning column. Should be the top setting that cycles between auto/XMP/manual overclocking. Typically there are 2 XMP modes. XMP 1 is only the primary timings. XMP 2 is primary plus a few select lower timings. I would suggest XMP 2 to start. 

Think my issue was I changed the ram speed too 5200 and the system was bsod and locking up so set it to default 4800 and works well now, but there a new bios out that might fix it so I will wait till I get my system running just need the ram, so I can play with the settings.

I have a similar issue, I have the dominator platinum, 5200Mhz, and it won't even take the XMP setting, the machine won't POST with XMP on.  I have had this before with other Corsair memory, I had a DDR4 Vengeance 3600Mhz kit which wouldn't run at XMP speed on my Hero XII board with an i9 9900k, I mean it'd run at 3400Mhz, but then so would my 3200Mhz kit so you know...But this is really hacking me off, the DDR5 will only run at 4000Mhz, I have a Z690 Hero and an I9 12900k. IDK if it's the memory kit, the board, the BIOS (there has only been 2 BIOS's so far) or my incompetence. Anyone any ideas, someone from Corsair maybe want to chime in.

1 hour ago, yakacm said:

I have a similar issue, I have the dominator platinum, 5200Mhz, and it won't even take the XMP setting, the machine won't POST with XMP on.  I have had this before with other Corsair memory, I had a DDR4 Vengeance 3600Mhz kit which wouldn't run at XMP speed on my Hero XII board with an i9 9900k, I mean it'd run at 3400Mhz, but then so would my 3200Mhz kit so you know...But this is really hacking me off, the DDR5 will only run at 4000Mhz, I have a Z690 Hero and an I9 12900k. IDK if it's the memory kit, the board, the BIOS (there has only been 2 BIOS's so far) or my incompetence. Anyone any ideas, someone from Corsair maybe want to chime in.

Trying to figure out the same, is it the bios as the z690-E only had one bios so far 0702 haven't tried it as I built this one for a friend and want it stable. Mine need ram to get mine going.

Z690 Hero board + 12900K running this kit using 2nd XMP profile since day one without any issues. Updated to 0702 bios before changing anything. Asus QVL does have this kit included so they tested it and it should work. If bios update doesn't solve your booting issues I would contact Asus support and see if they can help somehow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's a new BIOS out 0802, not sure if it's actually on ASUS's site yet, but I got it from the ROG forum, they have a list of different versions of 0802 including the Z690-E. In the end I got mine working by using the new BIOS and swapping the memory sticks to channel B. I have a feeling that even if I hadn't updated the BIOS and just swapped to channel B it probably would have worked. It was actually someone else on on the ROG forum having the same issue that suggested swapping the DIMMS from A to B, god knows why that works but...

0802 works for my Dominator too to run at XMPII.  Before it would crash hard at 5200 running any XMP profile.  I had to run it at 4800 to be stable. 

• Like 1

Any links to the bios file thanks.

• Corsair Employee
59 minutes ago, robmp11 said:

Any links to the bios file thanks.

You can download your motherboard BIOS from your motherboard manufacturer's website.

the website only has 0702 at the moment. Personally i wouldn't upload a bios that's not been officialy published ^^' rather stick to slower timings, waiting for it.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 9:22 AM, yakacm said:

I'd start off with setting it to XMP II, and verify the correct settings are applied after restarting.  Next, use memtest to check one stick of RAM at a time, and then check each DIMM slot.  If the Z690 Hero is similar to the Strix Z690-E, memory should go into the A2 and/or B2 slots first, then A1 and B1.  My original Strix Z690-E board turned out to have two bad DIMM slots (A1 & A2), one of which wouldn't even finish running memtest.