Corsair Community

iCue 4.17.244 Elite Capellix LCD Screen Issue

I just downloaded the new iCue 4.17.244 update and now I don't see the option to change the LCD screen for the Elite Capellix. It was there before the new update was downloaded, so I'm confused what happened. I've tried re-installing iCue but that didn't do anything. Any suggestions or fixes???

Edited by dprichard1985

I am also having the same issue, there's a red triangle with exclamation point on screen almost the whole time (Corsair animation is visible only right after launching PC or waking it from sleep). The LED ring around screen works without issues.

I use the new H150i ELITE LCD. Did you manage to fix it?

• Corsair Employee
On 11/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, Majestic12 said:

I am also having the same issue, there's a red triangle with exclamation point on screen almost the whole time (Corsair animation is visible only right after launching PC or waking it from sleep). The LED ring around screen works without issues.

I use the new H150i ELITE LCD. Did you manage to fix it?

What firmware version is your ELITE CAPELLIX running on? Have you tried reseating the LCD cap and its connectors (to USB header and Commander CORE)?

As above suggested, I've tried reseating the LCD cap and its connectors (to USB header and Commander CORE) with no effect except to have the red triangle with exclamation point like "Majestic12" 😞 

Can you help me with this problem ?  I'm very disapointed 

PS :

1. CPU temp is OK 

2. I've unsinstall/reinstall Icue (iCUESetup_4.17.244_release) with no more result :(

Thanks

20211116_224648.jpg

12 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

What firmware version is your ELITE CAPELLIX running on? Have you tried reseating the LCD cap and its connectors (to USB header and Commander CORE)?

I have the new ELITE LCD and have the newest firmware (2.6.201 for H150i and 1.1.6.7 for LCD).

I tried reseating the LCD cap and its connectors (tried the other USB 2.0 header on my motherboard) but finally I fixed it by unplugging one of the USB connectors (the one from the Commander Core) from the USB splitter and plugging it to the USB hub in the Commander Pro. This way the only cable connected to the USB splitter is the USB from the H150i.

Maybe there is some compatibility issue because I have an Asus Maximus Hero motherboard with the new Z690 chipset.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
21 hours ago, Christ_068 said:

As above suggested, I've tried reseating the LCD cap and its connectors (to USB header and Commander CORE) with no effect except to have the red triangle with exclamation point like "Majestic12" 😞 

Can you help me with this problem ?  I'm very disapointed 

PS :

1. CPU temp is OK 

2. I've unsinstall/reinstall Icue (iCUESetup_4.17.244_release) with no more result 😞

Thanks

20211116_224648.jpg

Can you force a firmware update to your H170i ELITE LCD? The option is given via the vertical "..." that populates after checking for update.

If that does not resolve your issue, it may be worth a shot connecting the LCD and Commander CORE to their own dedicated USB header rather than using the splitter that was provided in the upgrade kit.

20 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

Can you force a firmware update to your H170i ELITE LCD? The option is given via the vertical "..." that populates after checking for update.

If that does not resolve your issue, it may be worth a shot connecting the LCD and Commander CORE to their own dedicated USB header rather than using the splitter that was provided in the upgrade kit.

Hello, 

Thanks, It's work when I move USB header from the splitter to connect the LCD screen directly to the motherboard (Z690) 🙂

• Like 1

im having the same problem in here, i dont have the option in the screen setup. 

corsair 1.png

13 hours ago, mario_tomage said:

i dont have the option in the screen setup. 

Click on Device Settings.  A small, dark, pop-up window should appear.  Check the 3 vertical dots for check for update, then force update.  

Edited by c-attack

done its fix

20211120_211911.jpg

Well I have the problem again this morning. Display is blocked on "liquid temp". I Cannot select anything else or put a gif, the screen no longer appears in Icue.

I tried to force the firmware update, the Hub is connected directly to the motherboard and I plugged / unplugged the commander hub with no more success. Yesterday everything was working fine, I don't understand anything anymore 😞 

Having the same issue as above here, fresh build, 12900kf, msi Force z690.

Have submitted a ticket and waiting for response. 

Tried everything but constantly get a USB device descriptor failed. Tried both usb hubs, with and without splitter, all power options, uninstall in device manager nada. It's just stuck on the liquid cooling screen. All else is working fine though. 

Greetings!

I unfortunately am experiencing this same issue which happened today.  Everything was working completely fine until I restarted my computer, I noticed the red exclamation mark then there was no option to control the LCD portion of the cooler.

Everything else seems to function fine, it's just the screen itself.

(This was not an upgrade kit, purchased as an H150I Elite LCD set)

Edited by Mechanical65

On 11/21/2021 at 3:03 AM, Christ_068 said:

Well I have the problem again this morning. Display is blocked on "liquid temp". I Cannot select anything else or put a gif, the screen no longer appears in Icue.

I tried to force the firmware update, the Hub is connected directly to the motherboard and I plugged / unplugged the commander hub with no more success. Yesterday everything was working fine, I don't understand anything anymore 😞 

I am having this same problem. I just installed a new Elite Cappelix H150i. Am having no temp issues (as the constantly-displaying Liquid Temp keeps telling me) 😛 It's on Firmware 2.6.201 which it says is the latest. I'm using icue. 4.17.244 (also supposedly the latest). The ring and all my MLs (the 3 on the cooler and my other 3 ML Pro RGBs) work fine and are adjustable (though it always keeps showing me "setup wizard" for lighting setup, not sure if that's normal.)

There's a "Ring" option, and it works fine, but nothing for "Screen" as I've seen in Youtube videos. I just switched from an older h110i using ML Pro RGBs, and removed a Commander Pro for the Commander Core, and rewired everything. Updated to the "new" icue from the "old" one. I gather this is a common issue right now though, just wanted to post my specific issues.

My Core and Cooler are plugged into the provided splitter (and have to be, as my Crosshair VII Hero only has one USB 2.0 header). Don't think that's the issue though, as you can see in the image, not only does it continually want to run "lighting setup" but I have no "Screen" option. And yes, I've force updated the cooler's firmware.

ICueLCDProblem.jpg

Can everyone list their motherboard series when posting?

The only way I have been able to replicate the missing “screen set-up” is when deliberately hot plugging the usb out/in — something you don’t want to do. This makes me wonder about communication issues on the splitter or port. One user above posted success with a direct connection to the MB, but I was surprised Intel Z690 is having an issue. I am able to run it on Z490 on the splitter, through a Commander Pro pass-through, with both ports full. That makes 4 devices on one port or a worst possible scenario. 

Edited by c-attack

Just a quick update; the issue has seemed to have resolved itself after I had unplugged my PC and left it for several hours.  I suggest everyone give that a try if you haven't yet.  In my case, that was the issue it seems as now iCUE recognizes the hardware option to change LCD settings/screen.  Look to see if everything boots up normal (splash Corsair intro graphic).

ASUS Hero Maximus z690

H150i Elite LCD set

Connected via USB splitter

Been busy for a few days and forgot to check back here, happy/not happy to see a few more replies.

I have an msi Force z690, with bios updated 2 days ago. The LCD fires up with the Corsair splash screen and then shows liquid temp (working fine), only time I saw the red exclamation was when I tried updating firmware, then it went back to liquid temp. 

Can you all check in device manager for me and see if it's the same as I have, Unknown usb (device descriptor failed) have tried uninstall in device manager and reboot with no luck. The LCD has never shown in device manager or icue for me.

Been playing email ping pong since Nov 26th with support and so far all they have told me to do is uninstall icue and disable all other RGB software, pretty disappointed so far. 

As said before though everything works except the LCD, but I bought it for the fancy bit and the fancy bit don't work. 

I had this issue come up last night. Read through this thread for a solution and nothing worked for me. I went through device manager and found that there was a corrupted usb driver that had downloaded itself at some point yesterday when I booted up. Went ahead and deleted it and the screen immediately went back to its intended state and iCue showed that I had a screen again. Never tried uninstalling iCue and went for this before trying that. It fixed the issue for me.