Corsair Community

iCue 4.17.244 Elite Capellix LCD Screen Issue

Hi , built my new config 2 weeks ago , using H150i ELITE LCD cooler .

I was playing a game , i shut down the game and the red triangle appeared out of nowhere , now i am having the same issue than all of you .

No LCD settings available , at least im stuck with the gif installed when i boot and shut down the computer .

Was using old version of iCUE during the game and the event as i tried to upgrade the software seeing the triangle , didnt fix anything , tried force firmware update didnt fix it .

When i go into usb devices , i can clearly see a registered error event at the moment i shut down the game and lost lcd connection .

I guess i'm another up the pile .

Dear all, 

First off, the new update did not work for me.  I've been so busy with other things and this time i'll be more specific about what i tried so far.  I'll list my specs at the bottom as well.  All in all, I am really thinking about giving up and changing to another aio or fan cooler.  

I purchased directly from Corsair the h150i Elite Capellix LCD 360mm aio about a month ago.  It is for a completely new build with 12700k and 3080.  I have the NZXT LCD as well, but since most of my new components are from Corsair, I figured why not.  Everything worked like a charm the first two weeks.  The iCue software recognizes everything, I was able to load the gifs, and was also able to adjust color and pattern of the lcd rings.  I did use the splitter provided along with the aio, but as I mentioned in the previous reply, the lcd is now directly plugged into the motherboard header, to no avail (based on my own experience, I'm really doubtful that the splitter is the culprit).  

Then suddenly I was hit with the "triangle of death."  I've had no crashes or restarts, just suddenly one morning out of the blue.  The triangle was there even before the computer starts.  Initially, I was still able to adjust the ring color.  However, as I tried to repair and reinstall the iCue software, eventually that option was gone as well.  The icue software stops recognizing the aio completely, even though the LCD Cap is recognized as one of the devices in windows.  

Since then, i tried various recommendations to completely uninstall and reinstall the iCue software (as suggested on Corsair website).  I removed the splitter and plugged both usb 2.0 headers from the aio to the motherboard.  I remounted the seating of the aio.  I did completely power off the pc from time to time.  This morning I bought a '9-pin usb motherboard male header to single usb 2.0 cable,' as suggested by one of the previous replies (thank you so much for the suggestion good sir, it just didn't work on mine.  I do still recommend others to at least give it a try).  Unfortunately, none of the above worked for me.  Again, the update this morning from iCue didn't resolve the issue. 

I still see the animation on the lcd from time to time, but it goes right into that triangle afterwards.  The aio works fine still, with average 30c at idle, just not the lcd.  

Below are my specs:  

Windows 11, Asus ROG strix z690 A (the white board with ddr 4), 12700k, corsair dominator platinum rgb 64gb ddr4 3600, Gigabyte rtx 3080 (i was lucky enough to get it when it was initially released, didn't pay a fortune for it -_-), Corsair h150i Elite Capellix LCD 360mm, and everything sit in a 5000d airflow.  

Still, I might just have a fualty one, or something I did on my end caused the issue.  

Best of luck to all of you!  

IMG_20220106_155903.thumb.jpg.b0bb9261e801d396ea8830a1b52433b8.jpgIMG_20211220_155133.thumb.jpg.9c990418d5dd7f17e354a9814a867703.jpg

I registered to whinge on about this issue as well..
I've tried Everything.
Splitter & No Splitter.
Direct to MOBO & Non-direct (ref next).
USB 3 to 2.0 conversion cables - both internal on-board port AND external I/O rears - Trying out several.
Nothing has Worked - Just the continuous Triangle of D00M.
If I'm connected to the splitter, I'll at least get the Corsair splash screen at boot. If it's the conversion cables I use, only the triangle is shown from power up to shut down, No matter what..
Windows can SEE the LCD Cap under all USB connection options - iCUE however, does not.. I mean, obviously.
With the conversion cables, I uninstalled/reinstalled the LCD each time. Windows 10 detected Each Time.
Also made sure that no other RGB controller software was installed/running.

Initially, the very 1st install worked just fine for the 1st few days, and then it just suddenly stopped. When it worked, it was great.. I really hope Corsair finds a fix and takes care of its customer base.. I suppose we shall see... 

I have the Full H170i AIO setup btw, not just the upgrade kit.
Order was placed on November 27th 2021 - directly from Corsair.
Install date was on Dec 31st 2021.
Issues began on January 2nd 2022.

Build is New from scratch, and utilizes the following components:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII DARK HERO X570S
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5950X
GPU: MSI AMD Radeon RX 6800 Gaming X Trio XT 16G
RAM: 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 DDR4
SSD HD: 2 x Samsung 980 PRO PCIe NVMe on board
SSD HD: 4 x Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5"
PSU: Corsair RM1000X
Case: Corsair iCUE 7000X
12 RGB Fans (all Corsair)

RICKCOOLER.gif

00000000000.jpg

Hi All,

yesterday my Upgrade Kit is arrived. It works for 20 Minutes and then i have the same issue with the red triangle. My Setup is the following:

Z690 Hero Board 

Lightning Node Core

Upgrade Kit 

Commander Core

I have tryed everything. Full deinstallation of Icue. Change the USB Ports on the Mainboard and so forth... Nothing. 

At first i only had the issue with the red triangle. Yesterday i pulled out the connection from the LCD Upgrade Kit to the Commander Core. Since then the LED ring has not even worked too. 

Now i have a red trianlge without a LED Ring. Great! 😛

So I have the elite H170i, Win11, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme. I had no issues until I swapped in the USB splitter cable to gain a free USB header. I then started experiencing the issues everyone here have been describing (triangle of doom, stuck LCD on the AIO water temp, etc).  I shutdown the PC,  flipped the switch on the supply to off, then removed the Y Splitter. Once I rebooted the LCD returned to functioning as before. Maybe we're dealing with a USB header unable to provide enough current to support both the LCD and Commander core while using the splitter cable.

Just leaving a reply here that I can be added to the list of undetected Corsair H100i Elite Capellix devices.

Things I've tried:
- Reinstall iCue
- Different PSU Cables
- Reinstall Windows
- Reinstall Drivers for Commander Pro
- Disable every single RGB software, including the onboard bios control
- Different internal USB ports
- Disconnecting all hardware excluding mouse and keyboard
- Reseating the RGB module on the cooler (and all other connections).
- Editing snooze permissions through Regedit

Update for those having problem with upgrade kits. My LCD screen had messed up my commander core also. Because of that, the customer service rep was trying to get me the whole LCD cooler as a replacement. So if you have the same problems and haven't RMA yet, I suggest you do so. Sadly I had already returned mine and bought the LCD cooler myself. 

Edited by Ballfade

I bought this for my daughter's PC thinking it would be a fun upgrade. Boy was I wrong... this thing is hot garbage.

I tried a BIOS update, uninstalling/reinstalling iCUE, a few registry hacks, unplugged a bunch of USB devices, and various USB wiring configurations - nothing works. Exclamation point of death. iCUE doesn't recognize it. Fortunately when I switched back to the original pump cover it's fine. 

I wasted four hours of my life trying to get it working. Shouldn't be this hard... sending it back.

Edited by darth_meh

Hey guys,

same problem here. I tryed everything during hours :

- plug / unplug on mobo / nzxt splitter

- reinstall

- new os

- force firmware update 

at end I got the same problem : image on the lcd is freeze and sometime I got a warning.

what is strange is that now Icue is no longer détecting the AIO but only the commander core.

i have contacted the support…

698FE68F-07EC-4634-B93B-A7B319737F36.jpeg

B7CEB7C2-65E4-46F3-92BB-015AF9E3DC7E.jpeg

C835F6D9-263B-42E1-BE5F-F800869F089F.jpeg

Edited by Winterfr

I thinj we must flash the firmware manualy , please check if you have on your /C disk a file that have the .hex extension , he is on the ' temp ' case , it's the firmware of the aio , if you find it please send it to me , i will try if it works please.

If you dont find the temp case ,  write %temp% in the execut program

( Dont have it because i have restored my pc ) please keep me informed

Same problem as everyone else in this thread. I paid $350 to get the H170i expecting to add a gif to the screen. I've tried every fix this thread has mentioned and still have no luck, so I'm certain it's a hardware issue. Please fix this already. 

Little Update from me: Ordered a USB 3.0 to 2.0 Adapter for the Pump at Amazon and dont use the Y- Adapter Cable from Corsair... But nothing changed. Still the red triangle. When is deinstalled the "LED cap for Elite Capellix Coolers driver" and connect the pumphead via the adapter, my system recognized the pump. So the cable works. So I have the same problem with USB 3.0  now! 😄

Support replied with standard questions... did you have done a firmware update... disconnect your Power and so forth... I keep you up to date.

Marcus

Mine is on the way and i am now dreading it. Smeems a lot of problems witht his product

9 hours ago, t1971 said:

Mine is on the way and i am now dreading it. Smeems a lot of problems witht his product

It is a hit or miss, just make sure your commander core is updated before install. Also recommend connecting the lcd to its own USB hub.

I have had this issue for weeks and it is getting to really annoy me.  I have unnecessarily uninstalled a bunch of software and followed several internet suggestions but no solution.  Corsair, get off your asses and get rid of the RED DORITO before you get really embarrassed.