Corsair Community

SATA Cable in Corsair 1000D case

Well, now ... that's interesting. I think that's new. I know that @Zotty certainly get one of those puppies in his 1000D from a while ago.

Based on what I see here and what I know about the 1000D (and RGB in general), I would say that's an RGB controller and power source. Just plug it into the PSU and you'll have some basic RGB without requiring a Commander Pro or iCUE. That "THING" in the middle is the controller. Question - does it have buttons you can press?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Well, now ... that's interesting. I think that's new. I know that @Zotty certainly get one of those puppies in his 1000D from a while ago.

Based on what I see here and what I know about the 1000D (and RGB in general), I would say that's an RGB controller and power source. Just plug it into the PSU and you'll have some basic RGB without requiring a Commander Pro or iCUE. That "THING" in the middle is the controller. Question - does it have buttons you can press?

Hi DevBiker! Thanks for your kind response. I arrived at the same conclussion as you, but I wasn't sure. I would like to try to plug it to the PSU, buy I was afraid to fry the leds (for voltage restrictions) (I'm sorry if "fry" isn't the adequate term, I'm argentinian!).

And the answer to your question is: No, it has not any buttons.

Thanks again!

Cholo

• Like 1

"Fry" is certainly an appropriate term. English, being the super-confusing, contorted language that it is, has several different words and phrases for the same thing and "fry" is just as good as any of them!

I think you'll be OK, though. SATA does provide 5V power and that SATA power cable only has one wire. Also, the connector that is on there is the right one for Corsair strips and I really doubt that it'll cause an issue (or they'd not put it in the box).

• Like 1

Hi guys. yes indeed it allows you to light an RGB Fan LED Hub direct from the PSU. the LED's in the Fans will light up White.. you have no control of color.