Corsair Community

A dumb question about the Corsair 1000d case.

Sorry for probably a dumb question.. but does the Corsair 1000d (gigantic super-tower case) does it support installing RGB fans like the ql120mm fans on the bottom of the case. I see all these builds but not any with fans on bottom.. also, as most 3packs of Corsair fans come with node.. would 3 fit on bottom of this case and would I need fan extension cables? Ok, that was more than 1 question... Sorry

Hi there, I don't see how they can fit, and you have that box thing which I never figured how to put out of the way, ended up using it to my advantage so right now I'm happy it exists, never thought I would say that as I used to hate it. I don't know if improving air flow into your case is all you want, but would be a lot easier to add three on top if you just find somebody to 3D print a custom bracket for you, that's what I did. And that being said, you can add a second radiator on top. Cheap and easy fix. Fan extension cables was my second best friend btw.

In case you're wondering, it's a Category 5 into the case, I had a hard time keeping my paper towels in place while I was leak testing the loop. And that's no joke. If you're up for serious work on cable management, and I do mean serious, go for push-pull on all 4 radiators (with your custom made top bracket), that's 28 120mm fans in total. You'll be blown away. Actually literally.