Corsair Community

Firmware Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE Gunmetal and dongle

44 minutes ago, Corsair Albert said:

I suggest trying a clean installation of iCUE. I would also recommend exporting any valuable profiles before performing a clean installation.

It doesn't work at all. Still dongle can't be pair with anything. What is this. Using wireless headsets with a wire! The information which i did browse - the problem isnt solved for 5 months already!

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
20 hours ago, XavFred said:

@Corsair Albert 
I have gotten a message through iCUE that firmware 5.3.70 is available for my headset but the update wont work. Is there any way I could get this new firmware version? Thanks in advance 

Cause since i update my dongle I cant connect wireless without this update 

I'll be PMing you.

• 2 months later...

@Corsair Albert

I'm struggling with exact same issue.. Corsair iCUE from time to time bugs about firmware 5.3.70 being available, however it fails to update. Manually checking for updates gives no results, force update is grayed out too.. Latest iCUE (4.18.209).

I did full re-install of iCUE a few times as well without any success..

Is it possible to get the firmware files to flash directly instead?

image.png.286c71013d833e1e2a2f14cd58071945.png

Edited by Xanarion

Seems iCUE debug logs do show that there is an update but also throw an error when processing the update files?

cue.firmware.index: Incorrect index contents: fw obj is empty "combined-image"
cue.firmware.index: "VIRTUOSO SE" update available, package: QJsonObject({"integrity":"sha512-qsr50YYOBGjoPblfh82MBzUhJvZtbLOtSf6vM0320L4D+pJSX5aDzSOjf2X6576JrgfONS3yWADvMzn6hx62jA==","provides":{"application":"5.3.70"},"release-date":"2019-09-09T15:07:00.000Z","requires":{"software":">=4.12"},"source":"VIRTUOSOSE_Gunmetal_5.3.70.zip","version":"2.0"})
cue.firmware.index: "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" update available, package: QJsonObject({"integrity":"sha512-XOfSlTGUFIJsut576ZzgLCqm9qVXdTqQASis+rKQhgaHlwjHlul+LIASNAb8RfdSrCjFFzdny7gQvGhiNKbicw==","provides":{"application":"5.5.102"},"release-date":"2019-12-20T15:30:00.000Z","requires":{"software":">=4.12"},"source":"VIRTUOSOSE_Gunmetal_DONGLE_5.5.102.zip","version":"2.0"})
cue.firmware.validation: Invalid usb id provided "(vid=1b1c, pid=a3d)" for "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE"
cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device  VIRTUOSO SE :
  Command processing error: PropertyNotSupported.
cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device  VIRTUOSO SE WIRELESS RECEIVER :
  Get property BootloaderVersion failed.

I tried running older version (4.12.214 that was supposed to fix the issue according to some forum posts) - but even clean re-install of that version didn't give any good results.

Either way, managed to make it all update now by manually downloading and installing firmware files for both Dongle and headset. I think the issue is in the iCUE itself. I assume given firmware is technically very old by now based on the release date in the logs (if it can be trusted) - and newer iCUE versions expect updated manifest versions, which do not really match what's available in these files?! Not sure why it would work to detect updates sometimes, however... So i guess a bit more defensive programming would do wonders for iCUE Software devs ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Thanks for providing your log information, and the other steps you took.  I've sent this to our development team to review so we can improve the product experience.  As of right now, the manual firmware update through support is the solution that works best.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

@Xanarion can you upload or send me your full log export file from iCUE with this issue.  Our dev team needs the full file to review the feedback you provided.

Hi @Corsair Nick , the exact issue i was facing is not in the logs anymore as I managed to upgrade my devices (by doing a manual download of the referenced firmware files). However I still see some errors similar to what i was seeing previously:

2022-01-18 08:50:23.589 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device  VIRTUOSO SE WIRELESS RECEIVER : 

2022-01-18 08:50:23.593 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device  VIRTUOSO SE WIRELESS RECEIVER : 

One thing i noticed, however is that on latest firmware on Win 11 im getting some sound drops sometimes (so basically sound interrupts for < 1 sec and then continues.. can happen once every few minutes in a game or when watching a movie, but can also not happen for entire day..) This could be AMD/Win11 or could be iCUE. It's did not happen previously on this machine so i do suspect iCUE/Firmware..

I'll DM you the link tot he full log export ZIP (as i cannot upload them here)

• 6 months later...

so i bought a virtuose se

after 30mins - 1hour of use on wireless on 2 channel  and 15mins on 8 channel wireless the sound starts crackling but with cable it doesn't seem to have this problem

and after searching here it has been a problem for some time now with no real fix

if anyone knows a good fix pls let me know