Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

Ok, I tried... and I will wait for several months.

I have only products that are working with this icue version:

─ Corsair dominator memory with capellix rgb leds (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18)

─ H115i capellix

─ RGB led bands

─ no corsair rgb fans (cause they are not efficient and cause RGB always finish to need to be replaced.. so I’ve given up)

─ no keyboard and no mouse cause I’ve found that I prefer to use a real custom keyboard (varmilo custom) than a beautifull keyboard and for the mouse I made my choice for a wireless mouse and the dark core (I’ve bought) is too horrible about the buttons positions

And now, there is an update about icue. Even the two last points (fans, keyboard, mouse) has not made me thinking about something else than corsair.

But, I hope this was just a try and you will make this app functionnal cause... at the moment it is not.

The memory shows a red warning on it... no idea why.

All RGB effects are stopped and nothing works. Or, I have got just after installing it all effects working except the RAM sticks, or I have all effects stuck on a static color.

So, I have put back icue 3.

Let me be clear, if I have to buy something new, I would test again Icue 4... if it doesn’t work... then I will switch to somethings else and even if Corsair is my only choice for RGB effects (maybe no RGB effects for the next computer ?).

Edited by Ralendil

Thanks everyone for providing feedback in this thread about your experience using iCUE 4.9.x. The feedback you have been providing is extremely useful in improving the platform as it continues to evolve.

For all of you that experienced crashes with iCUE 4.9.x, it's not an ideal experience, and we would appreciate your assistance in providing more details. If you could, please respond back with the following information, plus any other details related to the crashes you experienced:

* Did you experience the crash when updating from an existing iCUE 3.x build?

* If so, what was the previous version you had installed?

* Did you perform a clean installation to resolve the repeated crashing?

* If not, how did you resolve the repeated crashing?

Please also provide a full list of the hardware installed in your system, including CPU, Motherboard, and 3rd Party hardware in addition to CORSAIR products.

Nick, thanks for asking :

I've tried

3.38.61, 4.9.350 and 4.9.350

* Did you experience the crash when updating from an existing iCUE 3.x build? Yes it hung up at the end of the install

* If so, what was the previous version you had installed? both 3.38.61 & 4.9.350

* Did you perform a clean installation to resolve the repeated crashing? Yes, I've tried a clean install at least a dozen times, including uninstall, removing registry entries, clearing appdata and localappdataf, and every corsair reference I could find on my drive directories.

* If not, how did you resolve the repeated crashing? Unfortunately I have not resolve the crashing. iCUE still intermittently crashes and ALWAYS crashes whenever I click on the device settings (Cog icon).

At one point it disabled my windows key and I had to do a hardware-restart on the keyboard to get it to function.

While I am very pleased with my K100 keyboard and dark core RGP Pro SE mouse as hardware, I have been unable to customize them and can only use the hardware functions reliably.

Thanks everyone for providing feedback in this thread about your experience using iCUE 4.9.x. The feedback you have been providing is extremely useful in improving the platform as it continues to evolve.

For all of you that experienced crashes with iCUE 4.9.x, it's not an ideal experience, and we would appreciate your assistance in providing more details. If you could, please respond back with the following information, plus any other details related to the crashes you experienced:

* Did you experience the crash when updating from an existing iCUE 3.x build? Yes

* If so, what was the previous version you had installed? 3.38.61 -> 4.9.338, 4.9.350

* Did you perform a clean installation to resolve the repeated crashing? Performed but it did not resolve crashing

* If not, how did you resolve the repeated crashing? deleted contents of Plugins folder, however this disabled the display on Nexus

Please also provide a full list of the hardware installed in your system, including CPU, Motherboard, and 3rd Party hardware in addition to CORSAIR products.

See attached CPU-Z dump

CorsairForum.txt

woah...okiii...

so as stated on the blog:

Note that iCUE 4.9.338 will no longer support the following devices:

Keyboards: K66

Mice: Sabre, Sabre RGB, Sabre RGB Optical, Sabre RGB Laser, Katar, Scimitar

Headsets: Void USB, Void Wireless, Void Surround

AIO Coolers: H80iGT, H100iGTX, H110iGTX, H80i v2, H100i v2 and H115i, H110iGT, H110i

So my trusted are to old for further use???

im better of sticking to Icue 3???

Does anyone know where the Hydro X Fan and Hydro X Pump profiles have gone within iCUE 4?

I upgraded and they disappeared - I found them pretty good generally (except the sudden ramp up from 0 rpm to 600 rpm when coolant hits the X temperature). The pump is plugged into port 6 on the ComPro and the temperature sensor into Temp 1.

EDIT: Is there any planned feature to allow one to set a delay or lag for fan ramp up? (i.e. so the fan doesn't suddenly ramp up, it does it more slowly so the noise is more pleasant)?

Hello

I only want to hear if i have muted/unmuted my microphone with the voice prompt, but in new versions this function also advice you if the Sidetone is activated, if there any way to disable this to keep only the microphone alert?

Voice Prompt

https://i.imgur.com/yC2Sogp.png

Also, if you turn off the headphones, the battery status still appear in the taskbar.

Thanks

Regards

Edited by Cubes

I'm still trying to get feedback from the developers as to why the on-screen display function with respect to profile changes was removed.

With this new version, if you have the same lighting scheme for different profiles (with different keyboard and mice buttons), you have no idea what profile you are on without clicking on the taskbar icon. This is compounded further when using wallpaper engine RGB features, because then even if you had RGB changes with profile, it gets overriden.

In my opinion, given the substantial changes that can occur when changing the profile, there should be an easy way (especially when you are in a game, and not using gamebar) to find out what profile you have just selected without relying on the taskbar.

Some quick notification (perhaps even using Windows own notification feature) would be helpful.

K70 LUX RBG not saving static colours to memory? Swear this breaks almost every update. (iCUE 3.38.61 works)

Background processes still running when the software isn't running either yikes

Edited by dtan

• Corsair Employee
Hello

I only want to hear if i have muted/unmuted my microphone with the voice prompt, but in new versions this function also advice you if the Sidetone is activated, if there any way to disable this to keep only the microphone alert?

Voice Prompt

https://i.imgur.com/yC2Sogp.png

Also, if you turn off the headphones, the battery status still appear in the taskbar.

Thanks

Regards

This change was actually made in one of the later versions of iCUE 3.x. I'll bring up the suggestion about allowing independent control of the notifications to our development team.

K70 LUX RBG not saving static colours to memory? Swear this breaks almost every update. (iCUE 3.38.61 works)

Background processes still running when the software isn't running either yikes

We're looking into this issue for K70 LUX RGB and other products that don't feature hardware playback, but were able to to save a static lighting effect. We'll provide an update once available.

New update 4.10 available.

Like the previous update it hangs mid way with high CPU usage in two cores.

The best thing is that there is no installer available online.

Good job :)

EDIT: I also found this folder in "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Corsair" (I replaced my username with xxxx)

Notice how that folder is not in the ...\AppData\Local or Roaming...just on the Appdata root folder which is clearly an oversight.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Like the lastest update it hangs mid way with high CPU usage in two cores.

EDIT: I also found this folder in "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Corsair" (I replaced my username with xxxx)

Notice how that folder is not in the ...\AppData\Local or Roaming...just on the Appdata root folder which is clearly an oversight.

A few problems have been solved, that's right, but a few have also been added, if I now want to import a profile, my H100i Ellite Capellix Commander Core does nothing and no longer gives rgb lighting, also my LED strips from the Lightning Node Pro do nothing, but in the previous version so this update unfortunately

I updated to icue4 and i have both my Virtuoso SE Headset Dongle displayed and my wireless k57 keyboard Dongle but not my Darkcore SE dongle or can it just not see it? as everything else has had firmware updates and can connect my keyboard and headset in slipstream mode perfectly.

• Corsair Employee

Like the previous update it hangs mid way with high CPU usage in two cores.

Went back through your posts in this thread. Have you tried performing a clean install of iCUE or have you always performed an update from an existing installation? Do you have any other plugins for lighting running when you perform the installation/update?

A few problems have been solved, that's right, but a few have also been added, if I now want to import a profile, my H100i Ellite Capellix Commander Core does nothing and no longer gives rgb lighting, also my LED strips from the Lightning Node Pro do nothing, but in the previous version so this update unfortunately

Can you provide a little more detail about the Lighting Node Pro issue? Are you saying if you try to add a lighting affect, nothing shows?

I updated to icue4 and i have both my Virtuoso SE Headset Dongle displayed and my wireless k57 keyboard Dongle but not my Darkcore SE dongle or can it just not see it? as everything else has had firmware updates and can connect my keyboard and headset in slipstream mode perfectly.

What is the Part Number on the bottom of your Dark Core SE? Should start with a CH-9XXXX...

Went back through your posts in this thread. Have you tried performing a clean install of iCUE or have you always performed an update from an existing installation? Do you have any other plugins for lighting running when you perform the installation/update?

Moving from V3 to V4 I installed V4 thinking it will overwrite V3 which wasn't the case, later on I just uninstalled everything and installed V4.

Later at the first V4 update froze in the same way, I solved it by using an installer.

This time is the same, ever since I moved to V4 I'm not able to update from within the app.

EDIT: Found that you guys updated the installed here: https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/downloads

Downloaded it, ran it and is hanging as well. (see image)

EDIT: Now I remember what solved it. Seems the installer cannot stop the Services properly. I had to manually stop them (Corsair and Corsair LLA) to be able to update. I have no idea how non tech savvy people could circumvent these issues.

Update went fine now. But I have to mention for the Nth time again that we don't want HWmonitor in the dashboard (make it optional) are you guys doing something about it?

2021-04-20_20-25-21.jpg.b21831d9e953c77deffffb8c1be66e41.jpg

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Did a clean install, but when I add a profile, my corsair k72 does the rgb lighting and my mouse too, only my Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix with commander core is recognized but RGB does not work, it does with Scenes , but recent profiles of the corsair site do not work, so no rgb effect, also the Lightning Node Pro does not give RGB effects, the strange thing is everything works with hardware lightning and Scenes, the previous version had no problems, only it had other problems, hope it gets resolved