Corsair Community

Corsair One i164 Bluescreens

Just had a look at the new model; interestingly the GPU is now horizontal and the case seems to have a more conventional air flow form, which is quite a fundamental change. Presume the SSD is better placed. Not sure about the wood. 

Despite having 2x blue screen warranty issues on my son’s i145s, it is now approaching 4 years with the heatsink SSD having worked fine for a long time now even during some hot ambient summer weather ( not this year, lol.)

I’m happier overall with the product now and I think the BSOD issue is an unfortunate detractor from an otherwise desirable product.

• 1 month later...

This post has helped me alot - thanks to everyone who contributed. You rock!

I've have a Corsair I145 and had similar issues with the SSD drive over heating and WHEA blue screens.

I purchased a new SSD drive and ribbon and installed the drive near the fan at the top of the case about a year ago. The ribbon was just long enough to hang over the frame near the fan. This seemed to work like a charm as I had no blue screens until 6 months or so later and then it just became more and more unstable afterwards. 

I eventually got it back to being stable and here are the things I did in case it helps anyone else.

(1)There is most certainly a heat issue as everyone has indicated. It occurred to me at one point that the liquid cooling is pulling the heat from the system to the outside radiators on the sides only to then be pulled back into the case with the airflow from the top fan. I noticed that I could remove the top cooling fan and reverse it so the airflow is blowing downward into the case. I also set the top fan to the 'extreme' setting using the ICUE app. It is nosier as the fan is now a little closer to the top vent grill. 

(2) I had the SSD hanging at the top near the fan zip tied to the frame. Once I changed the airflow on the fan I moved the SSD to be directly below the fan right in the middle getting blasted by airflow. I also created a temporary plastic resting area so it couldn't touch anything it shouldn't. I plan to get some thermal pads and place on either side of the drive.

Before doing these 2 things I was having crashes and blue screens 3-5 times a day. Now I have zero crashes and its been multiple weeks. Hope this helps.