Corsair Community

H100i v2 cooling suddenly shuts down while computer system is still working

tcassassin

I've had this H100i v2 for my AMD ryzen 1800x for over 3 years. It works perfectly until yesterday. The cooler suddenly shuts down while the computer system is still running. Then the CPU temp goes over 200f and then the whole system shuts down. After rebooting the computer the cooler gets back on again with no problem, but then after running the computer for random amount of time (usually about 1-2hrs), the cooler just shuts down by itself again...and have to reboot the computer to prevent the cpu from overheating or the system will reboot/shuts down once the cpu reach to certain temp...

I noticed that everytime when the cooler shuts down, the windows system will make a sound that similar to the sound that when u disconnect some USB plugins.

Any help there is much appreciated!

How do know the cooler is “shutting down”? Lights go off, fans stop? The H100i v2 gets its power from the MB header directly. Make sure that header is set to 100%/disabled/‘full speed’ or however your BIOS indicates a constant 12v state. It’s easy to forget this resets on a BIOS flash or some auto tuning program.

How do know the cooler is “shutting down”? Lights go off, fans stop? The H100i v2 gets its power from the MB header directly. Make sure that header is set to 100%/disabled/‘full speed’ or however your BIOS indicates a constant 12v state. It’s easy to forget this resets on a BIOS flash or some auto tuning program.

Thank you for your reply!

lights go off , fans stop and the heat starting to build up at the pipes that near cpu.

If you are sure nothing is changing with MB Fan management (some kind of power saving feature, ErP, or similar), then there may be an internal power problem on the cooler. Contact Corsair Support through the Ticket System (link at top of page) or look for a new cooler. This is not a common end for any unit, but aside from the power savings feature, I can't think of a good reason. There might also be a kink or defect in the MB power line to the cooler, but that doesn't change the outcome and it still needs to be replaced.

If you are sure nothing is changing with MB Fan management (some kind of power saving feature, ErP, or similar), then there may be an internal power problem on the cooler. Contact Corsair Support through the Ticket System (link at top of page) or look for a new cooler. This is not a common end for any unit, but aside from the power savings feature, I can't think of a good reason. There might also be a kink or defect in the MB power line to the cooler, but that doesn't change the outcome and it still needs to be replaced.

Thank you!