Corsair Community

Corsair. Are you ever gonna fix the high CPU usage?

My most recent purchase of a Corsair product ... "Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Keyboard", this will be my last purchase of a Corsair product. It is totally impossible to play normally with iCue open. These problems have been going on for months or years, it seems incredible to me. When I buy a quality and expensive product I hope that at least it works correctly, not only the hardware, but also the accompanying software.

I will stay tuned to this forum for a couple of weeks, if there is no solution I will return this keyboard and I will never recommend Corsair to my friends and clients. :mad:

Yesterday a new iCUE update arrived, unbelievably the performance problems in the games have been solved, now everything seems to work correctly! It is fair to thank the responsible team, now if I am satisfied with the product, thank you very much!

Most developers don't get kudos after fixing things directly (especially after the dumpster fire that was prior versions), but I wanted to take a second to say, I don't know what changed behind the scenes for a solid release, but kudos. The performance is exactly what I have expected out of Corsair since day one and so I'm happy to be able to recommend your products again.

I have the ability to switch to a Windows PC and Mac Mini with my devices. If you can pull off the same feature set on MacOS with the low CPU usage as I've found in the Windows version, I would be thrilled.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for the feedback to the latest build. We have been working and still working diligently to improve the CPU usage with the platform. All of your feedback is being provided to our development team so they can continue to make further improvements where possible.
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, two steps forward, two steps back...

I was stubbornly clinging to iCUE v3.38.61 because that was the version that you guys solved the CPU usage issues for my system. I also have hundreds of macros across dozens of programs and was nervous about what kind of clusterf*ck would happen when trying to migrate to iCUE 4.

Well today my curiosity finally overcame my good judgment and I installed iCUE 4. Total clusterf*ck.

CueLLAccessService.exe uses 100% of one of my CPU cores, profile-switching macros take 6 seconds to kick in, numerous glitches where key-down or key-up actions register as keystroke actions leading to macros that do incorrect things, etc, etc etc.

I don't know what to say at this point. The UX for creating macros has not improved, tonnes of wasted space for those goofy-**** product pictures, and still not enough area for the space that lists the actions.

I guess what I should say is that I am done buying Corsair products in the future. My wallet and my PC are certainly going to thank me.

Edited by Sojourner1

Thank you for the feedback to the latest build. We have been working and still working diligently to improve the CPU usage with the platform. All of your feedback is being provided to our development team so they can continue to make further improvements where possible.

I really do appreciate that you are listening to us rant and get angry, and still stick around to answer.

It's about the only positive thing to happen with icue 4.

• Corsair Employee
Oh boy, two steps forward, two steps back...

I was stubbornly clinging to iCUE v3.38.61 because that was the version that you guys solved the CPU usage issues for my system. I also have hundreds of macros across dozens of programs and was nervous about what kind of clusterf*ck would happen when trying to migrate to iCUE 4.

Well today my curiosity finally overcame my good judgment and I installed iCUE 4. Total clusterf*ck.

CueLLAccessService.exe uses 100% of one of my CPU cores, profile-switching macros take 6 seconds to kick in, numerous glitches where key-down or key-up actions register as keystroke actions leading to macros that do incorrect things, etc, etc etc.

I don't know what to say at this point. The UX for creating macros has not improved, tonnes of wasted space for those goofy-**** product pictures, and still not enough area for the space that lists the actions.

I guess what I should say is that I am done buying Corsair products in the future. My wallet and my PC are certainly going to thank me.

I'm sorry that it was causing so many issues once you updated. Like Nick mentioned, we're passing along all the feedback so our development can continue working it make improvements.

In your case, were you able to make a backup of your profile before having updated?

I'm sorry that it was causing so many issues once you updated. Like Nick mentioned, we're passing along all the feedback so our development can continue working it make improvements.

In your case, were you able to make a backup of your profile before having updated?

Everything had seemed to be working well in v4 for the first day, so I overwrote the old profile folders while I was doing some fixes to my macros.

So that's why I completely lost my temper...

Turns out that the folders .cuefolders are backwards compatible so I managed to restore most of the functions when I reinstalled v3. I just had to spend more time fixing the few macros that got messed up.

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am going to toot my own horn for a second; I am probably one of the very few customers that uses your software so extensively. I automate darn near everything with iCUE in every single program that I use. There are SO many issues with iCUE v4 that it was literally soul-crushing to witness, I literally thought that the hundreds of hours I spent creating my macros went down the toilet. Also, I can't believe the size of the UI workspace for the actions list was not increased!

As I managed to get everything restored to the way it was before I installed v4, I am just going to sit and wait to see what happens in the future with v4.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does Corsair intend to address the problem and replace iCue with software developed by a decent software engineer or develop it further?
I have a Surface Book 3 (i7 10th gen), an HP OMEN gaming laptop (i7 9th gen) and a more powerful desktop PC (i7 9th gen). The iCUE service uses a noticeable amount of system resources on each system and loads my processor between 10 and 20% in IDLE. For what??? This is a simple LED control! What do you do?
Please take this seriously, your system can't be recommended to anyone anymore.

21 hours ago, Fion Noir said:

Please take this seriously,

This has been going on for years despite countless complaints like yours yet without a proper resolution. Take that as an indication of how seriously they take it.
Otherwise. if I may speak for myself, just get over the childish pink fluffy unicorn rainbow lights all over the place, in which case you'll find you don't really need Corsair in your life. 😉

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is still happening in V4 (V4.22.203 latest version as of writing).  I wondered why my case was emitting heat even though CPU usage and GPU usage was at 0-1% usage.  The culprit of course was "Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64" preventing sleep of CPU cores.  I deleted all instances of this file and it fixed the issue for now.  Wonder how much power and heat waste this software is causing across the world unbeknownst...  No other software behaves in this way, seems like bad programming?

• Like 1