Corsair Community

iCue 3.8.91 Posted

svukelich

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How I already said here in the forum in another thread, I guess we might see this bugfix/feature request within the next two months; some time around Christmas.

Why?

I'm very sure Corsair knows that this annoys many people. But obviously it's hard for the devs to fix the issue becuase writing HW profiles seems to be harder within the iCUE structure than it was with LINK. So it will be a "big thing" for them to release.

If you now take a look at the previous iCUE releases: Each month, mostly in the middle of the month, a new version of iCUE gets released and it's always version 3.n+1.x (n stands for the previous version number). If this rhythm continues, we will see iCUE 4.0.x (theoretically iCUE 3.10.x) some time between december 10th and december 30th.

The jump from CUE 2.x.x to iCUE 3.x.x was huge. So the way from iCUE 3.x.x to iCUE 4.x.x will most likely become a far step ahead as well (maybe not as big as from 2.x.x to 3.x.x but still somehow a relatively big step).

With that in mind I'd say that there have to be some big improvements as iCUE 3.x.x isn't as perfect as Corsair may have hoped (some speculation here). And with "big improvements" I mean "big things" and how I already said in the beginning, this rainbow-ish issue is a "big thing" for the users and obviously a big (hard) thing to do for the devs. A big thing that needs to be fixed so I am very sure it will come with iCUE 4.0.x.

- This comment will be deleted if 1st iCUE 4.0.x won't be released how I predicted and/or 2nd iCUE 4.0.x still has the rainbow issue :D -

I really wonder why this is such a hard thing to do, if I literally kill the task in my windows task manager, the rainbow effect doesn't appear when I lock my pc..

Any feedback on the 'default rainbow' mode whenever you lock your PC or put it in standby? (My ram and ST100 still does this..)

v3.8.91 of iCue has crashed on me a couple times already when I wake my PC up from sleep and my K95 RGB Pro (along with my Dark Core RGB SE and other equipment) all go into rainbow mode - which are their default hardware profiles. So understandable this happens, but previous version if iCue didn't crash like this.

Plus Corsair engineering STILL has not addressed a firmware or iCue fix to resolve the fact that the Dark Core mouse RGB lighting stays on when the PC is put to sleep. I leave my mouse USB plugged in all the time (don't use it wirelessly - no dongle plugged in) and find it dumb to have to shut the mouse off all the time to get the lights to shut off when PC is asleep. Mouse is supposed to be wireless OR wired use.

Hope next version of v4.x fixes this stuff!

They fixed the profile switching click through problem. It no longer does multiple profile button presses if a button closes (or switch out of) one program and would do a second function if you were to click it on the program behind it.

Edit: I was wrong, it is still broken, it just required a reboot before all the broken things were clear again.

Hi,

I am having problems with my Corsair Void while the application is running on my machine. I hear a few bursts in the phone. This happens only while the application is running. If I close it the sound will be normal. This was not the case in the previous version. Any predictions of correction?

I am continuing to get unexpected hardware drops from iCUE (Commander Pro and H115i PRO) while the PC is in use, not on wake from sleep. That is a first and since it keeps happening when I am in full screen mode, I am unaware of the loss of control. Since there are still no patch notes for 3.8.91, it's hard to justify continuing the experiment. To that effect, I reinstalled 3.7 which had been the best release so far, except...

All iCUE 3.8 profiles are incompatible with prior version of the software. Once again, the file format or something else has been changed to cause this. This means the 6-7 hours I spent this week working on profiles is wasted and I cannot use them with 3.7. I presume there is a legitimate reason for changing the file type or whatever has occurred, but not notifying users of this straight on release is ridiculous. I warn people about this frequently and I have been burned before, but here we go again. While I have more than a dozen backups in place in case of this, the work done this week is lost until you get a fix in place -- at least a month from now. There really isn't a legitimate reason not to release patch notes with these things. If someone can upload the file to the Corsair servers, someone can upload patch notes. I don't know why these are separate events.

iCUE 3.8.91 (and all previous versions) still shows a yellow warning triangle next to my wireless VOID Pro RGB headset saying "not connected" even though it is simply "turned off". It's hanging on my ST100 charging. Very annoying to constantly see an warning/error for this. I hope the next version of iCUE corrects this.

P.S. They released a new firmware v3.19 for the Darkcore RGB mouse and it's wonderful!! They finally fixed the RGB LEDs turning off when the PC goes to sleep! Nice job Corsair. Thank you!

Horrible!!! I just spent the last hour after trying to recover after updating. Running windows 7 Pro and after the update, I lost my button use on my R65 and then lost my wheel use. I tried to uninstall, and that didn't help. I tried to reinstall and that didn't help. I tried No ICUE at all with the same results. System would start with full use of mouse and within 2 minutes I would lose my use of the buttons first and then a minute later, I lost the use of the wheel. I ended up doing a full recovery of the Operating system and with the Old ICUE 3.7.99 everything is back.... DON"T UPDATE to the new version!!!

Same here.

iCUE+Service spend around 6% after fresh boot then over time both climb a bit more.

10%+ just to manage profiles and drive lights is certainly unacceptable. The service keeps using CPU even if iCUE has been closed and lights aren't being driven.

Having iCUE running without the SDK doesn't make any difference performance wise here, but it makes iCUE to lose all custom performance settings after each reboot.

I stumbled upon this thread with the same issue and actually found a solution that fixed this for me.

As soon as I unchecked the setting for my RAM in iCue "Enable full software control" the CPU usage for Corsair Service dropped from 10-11% on my OCd 8700k to literally less than half a percent.

Not only did it fix this issue, but I was having an issue lately with the blue LEDs on my RAM wavering/flickering during effects and this resolved that as well somehow.

Not really sure what the intention of the "Enable full software control" setting is, but what it actually did was **** with my PC.

I stumbled upon this thread with the same issue and actually found a solution that fixed this for me.

As soon as I unchecked the setting for my RAM in iCue "Enable full software control" the CPU usage for Corsair Service dropped from 10-11% on my OCd 8700k to literally less than half a percent.

Not only did it fix this issue, but I was having an issue lately with the blue LEDs on my RAM wavering/flickering during effects and this resolved that as well somehow.

Not really sure what the intention of the "Enable full software control" setting is, but what it actually did was **** with my PC.

This is a known solution.

First, it was only possible to save one effect directly to the Vengeance RGB Pro. With another update you were then able to aktivate the option "Enable full software control" which means that the effect is no longer stored onto the memory of the RAM but instead iCUE controls the RAM directly, which leads to a slightly higher CPU usage.

My node pro wont update to the new firmware (seems to work, then asks to update again) in this build of iCue, and my light strips dont work - the first strip is stuck on static lighting and only the first 4 LED's of the second strip light up... strips 3 and 4 are dark.

rewiring the 2nd strip in place of the first doesnt seem to change anything, so i dont think its a failed strip

i'm also seeing my vengeance pro ram twice, and its lighting control is all weird as well. only thing behaving normal is K65 rapidfire keyboard.

My node pro wont update to the new firmware (seems to work, then asks to update again) in this build of iCue, and my light strips dont work - the first strip is stuck on static lighting and only the first 4 LED's of the second strip light up... strips 3 and 4 are dark.

rewiring the 2nd strip in place of the first doesnt seem to change anything, so i dont think its a failed strip

i'm also seeing my vengeance pro ram twice, and its lighting control is all weird as well. only thing behaving normal is K65 rapidfire keyboard.

I would suggest trying a repair install first.

I would suggest trying a repair install first.

updated update to the update: my lighting strips just chose this time to die. Simply a coincidence about the iCue and firmware update, as two of the strips work perfectly fine but things go crazy when the faulty ones are connected, in any order

Many thanks for sharing this solution. It also worked for me, reducing CPU usage on my OC’d 4.8G 7700K from 14% to about 1%

New to this forum and new to Corsair.

Gotta say that so far I am NOT impressed.

I bought a Void Pro RGB Wireless headset earlier this evening. I had no problems with it until I decided that I wanted to extend the battery life by shutting off the LED lights, so I downloaded iCUE.

As soon as I installed it, I started hearing static whenever any audio would play on the headset. I have been searching for a solution to this for about six hours, and the best answer I have found came from this forum. The solution was to uninstall iCUE entirely.

I did, and while the static is now gone, I can't control the LED lights, use the equalizer, or the 7.1 surround feature.

This is something that far too many people seem to have an issue with, and it seems that Corsair really doesn't care to fix it. At least according to so many other posts in this forum.

I created a ticket with Corsair support (which was ridiculous in itself... Nowhere on the box does it say what the hell the part number is vs the serial number or lot number... Seems to me that customers should not have to look up how to create a ticket on top of everything else...) so we'll see how that goes.

Though, again, judging by many other posts, I probably won't get much in the way of help.

I am posting on this specific thread because this thread is specifically for the iCUE software, unless I am mistaken.

If there is a more appropriate place for me to post this, please let me know and I will move it there.

While I'm here, I have some other questions/comments on this iCUE software.

Why does it use so much memory? I guess I can see why iCUE would use more memory if it were actually controlling several different pieces of hardware at once... But I was only using it for my headset, and it was using typically about 300 mb of memory. What's the issue with that? Many of my pc games don't use that much memory. Neither does software like OBS, Steam on Twitch.

Why are there zero microphone settings? I should not have to download additional software to be able to control basic things like noise suppression and mic sensitivity, but I had to. I have gotten cheapy $20 headsets from China with more microphone settings than this $100 name brand headset. The 'unidirectional' microphone is insanely sensitive (it picks up the sounds of cars passing on the street, despite all the windows being closed, a fan being on, being on the second story and the street being about 30 yards away) making some sort of control option necessary to be able to use the microphone at all. The fact that iCUE lacks any microphone control at all makes no sense.

New to this forum and new to Corsair.

Gotta say that so far I am NOT impressed.

I bought a Void Pro RGB Wireless headset earlier this evening. I had no problems with it until I decided that I wanted to extend the battery life by shutting off the LED lights, so I downloaded iCUE.

As soon as I installed it, I started hearing static whenever any audio would play on the headset. I have been searching for a solution to this for about six hours, and the best answer I have found came from this forum. The solution was to uninstall iCUE entirely.

I did, and while the static is now gone, I can't control the LED lights, use the equalizer, or the 7.1 surround feature.

This is something that far too many people seem to have an issue with, and it seems that Corsair really doesn't care to fix it. At least according to so many other posts in this forum.

I created a ticket with Corsair support (which was ridiculous in itself... Nowhere on the box does it say what the hell the part number is vs the serial number or lot number... Seems to me that customers should not have to look up how to create a ticket on top of everything else...) so we'll see how that goes.

Though, again, judging by many other posts, I probably won't get much in the way of help.

I am posting on this specific thread because this thread is specifically for the iCUE software, unless I am mistaken.

If there is a more appropriate place for me to post this, please let me know and I will move it there.

turn off sidetone, see if that helps.

i deinstalled icue complettly since im having real troubles with the 3.8 version...

- dashboard is complettly dark

- icue always freezes

- now the biggest error:

my whole computer has font problems when it is installed or runned once...

this means my context menu dont have no letters at all.. also most programms like explorer have no text... i tried alot of things im 100 percent sure its from icue...

is there a way i can download earlier versions?? thx

Archived